American House West Bloomfield Senior Living - West Bloomfield Township, MI

Great Care

We had a family member live here for three years. The care was beyond excellent and the staff second to none. The CEO, [name removed], pays particular attention to overall staff performance and does not tolerate poor activity or lack of attention to detail. She takes great pride in the facility and is continually looking for ways to make it nice for all residents. We would recommend this to all who are interested in a senior living facility.

Surprised with the great changes

We are so pleased with all the changes we are seeing with my grandmother since she has moved here. She likes her apt, which looks out on the courtyard and we've got her furniture arranged so that she feels more at home. Grandma has started making friends, enjoys taking part in the different activities which really surprised us. The chef here stays very actively involved with the residents, he met with my grandmother when she first moved in to find out about what she likes and if she had any special diatary needs that would have to be addressed, The food is great and grandma likes joining her"little click" of friends as she calls them in the dining room. there was event a special "Great Grandparents day" event and I got to bring my kids to celebrate with her. I would definitely recommend this community if you're looking for a loved one.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your glowing review of our community! We are so happy to hear your grandmother is feeling at home at American House West Bloomfield and appreciate your feedback.

Wonderful, caring community for our parent

Our Mom moved into American House in January 2017. This was a huge move for her as she was leaving her house, which she could no longer maintain independently. The Independent Living with Enhanced Services has allowed our Mom to have her own apartment, keep her beloved cat and yet not have to worry about housekeeping, cooking and the upkeep of a house. American House contracts with The Medical Team for additional care that a resident might need. This has been a godsend to us in that we met with the team, decided on what services would be best for our Mom to allow her to feel independent, yet have a bit of assistance where needed. The activities are varied and we love seeing our Mom be part of a loving, social community of residents. The staff at American House are awesome, caring and you can tell that they get to know each and every resident. It warms our heart to see our Mom so happy and content. Thank you, American House!

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your glowing 5-star review! We are glad to hear that you are happy with the community and the level of care your mother is receiving at American House West Bloomfield. Your feedback is appreciated.

Good independent living option!

The impression at American House was good but they do not offer the level of care my mother needs.It's a good option for an independent senior.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for touring our community; we appreciate your feedback. American House has many locations throughout Southeast, Northern and Western Michigan. Many of our communities offer independent, assisted and memory care living options. Please feel free to call our corporate office, located in Bloomfield Hills, for more information.

Great staff at American House W. Bloomfield

I am totally impressed with the caring dedication of the staff. From the Director to the wait staff, they treat residents with kindness and dignity. The physical facility is just okay, with rather small, outdated apartments. The food is fair, with only the soups being consistently good. The Medical Team is not particularly vigilant. We witnessed a resident drop all the pills she had just been handed, and the Medical Team person didn't notice and just walked off.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your review; your feedback is valued and appreciated. Please feel free to contact us with any concerns you may have at [removed].

The entire staff have been more than helpful and courteous

[Removed] liked this place: Homey atmosphere, manageable size, warm staff.

Didn't Work Out, But A Very Nice Community Overall

This is a lovely community, but unfortunately they were not able to provide the level of caring my father needed. It is a great community, with very kind people. I truly wish it would had worked out. It is a nice and clean community. Medical staff and everybody tried their best to care for him. I really enjoyed our experiences here. I would highly recommend this community.

I Have No Worries

My dad and his lady friend are staying here and it has been a pleasant experience and everything is going smooth. My dad has a cute apartment with weekly thorough cleaning. The staff are always respectful, kind, and very nice, they are also doing their best to get my dad more involved with activities. The food is good with healthy portions. The medical team is great and I have no concerns about the care of my dad and his friend. I would recommend this community.

Please give my compliments to American House West Bloomfield on their excellent staff. Dan was very pleasant, professional, accommodating and thorough. He called me several times to follow up and help us through the process.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your feedback. You can’t be more right when you say our staff is excellent. We agree! We are lucky to have Dan and so many outstanding people on our team here at West Bloomfield. Your kind words are truly appreciated and will be passed along. All the best! Deneen Dye, Executive Director

Friendly, welcoming staff!

We're very pleased by how things have turned out with American House of West Bloomfield! The staff here are very friendly, and they've really gone out of their way to help get my loved one settled in and make her feel welcome. She doesn't really like to leave her room much at this point, but they make sure that people come in to visit her, and they also bring her books. They also do a very good job with the food! My loved one is a very picky eater, but she loves the food!

American House Senior Living Communities

We really feel honored by your kind comments and appreciate that you took the time to share them. It’s our highest mission to ensure complete satisfaction. As we stress personal service, we’re happy to see you highlighting our team as well. I will also let our chef know your loved one enjoys the food here! Warm regards, Deneen Dye, Executive Director

Review of American House Senior Living West Bloomfield - West Bloomfield, MI

I moved to American House because I didn't want to be the kind of person who is always leaving to visit her husband. Now that I don't have a husband, I'm still here. I'll be back soon anyway. The staff spoils us so much that it makes the residents pleasant to each other, too. It is like living in a support group. Someone knows whatever you are worried about because they have had a similar experience and know how you feel.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you very much for leaving your feedback about the American House West Bloomfield community! Residents are members of our family, so it's our job to make sure that you feel right at home! If you ever need anything, please reach out to me directly. Sincerely, Debby Stanley

Review of American House Senior Living West Bloomfield - West Bloomfield, MI

The entire staff is very good. The food is ok!

American House Senior Living Communities

Throughout American House, our staff members are the greatest asset! They work their hardest to make sure that each resident feels right at home. If I can be of assistance in any way, please contact me personally. Sincerely, Debby Stanley, Executive Director

Great, Flexible

My mother has been living here and it has been pretty great so far. The food is pretty good overall, the staff is very nice, and it is a great size -- not too many residents to where anyone gets lost in the crowd. My only issue is with the amount of staff and the medical team. The medical team is staffed outside of American House. It just seems like they are slightly understaffed overall, to the degree that maybe some little things could slip through the cracks. Otherwise, it has been a great community that is flexible to all kinds of needs.

American House Senior Living Communities

I'm happy your mother likes our community -- hopefully she's
enjoying all the activities we offer! If you'd like to give me a call
and let me know what specific concerns you have, I’ll address the potential issues with the medical team.
And if you or your mother need anything else, please call me anytime.
Deneen Dye, Executive Director

We're very pleased with this place so...

We're very pleased with this place so far. I visit my loved one here often, and she seems to be very comfortable and happy to be here. She knows her way around the place, and she loves the food! Its an attractive community, the staff are all very friendly and they keep the place nice and clean.

American House Senior Living Communities

I will let our chef know your loved one loves the food here! All of our staff works very hard to make sure our residents are taken care of and enjoying themselves, so I appreciate that you noticed this. If there is ever anything I can do, please don’t hesitate to let me know.
Deneen Dye, Executive Director

Review of American House West Bloomfield on Maple

My Mom has been at American House for 5 month now. She has a cute apartment that she was able to decorate herself. The staff is very friendly and helpful. She especially likes the mid-day meal.

American House Senior Living Communities

How lovely that your mom enjoyed decorating her apartment! Thank you for your feedback — and should you or your mom ever need anything, don’t hesitate to stop in and see me.

Flora Khaimov, Executive Director

[removed]

This is where mom is at now. Would n...

This is where mom is at now. Would not be a good fit for dad. Few activities and a not a active crowd. To small.

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m glad to know that your mom is living here with us! Your dad may want to revisit too — we have many more activities and amenities than you may have seen. Give me a call and we can talk about how your dad would fit in here!
Sincerely, Flora Khaimov, Executive Director
[removed]

$3250 for two, $2850 for one. 3 meal...

$3250 for two, $2850 for one. 3 meals, laundry, housekeeping, support services available.

American House Senior Living Communities

You’re right, we do offer a lot included in our rent — and we also have tons of activities, like an American House choir — that makes us a cut above the rest. Stop in and I’ll show you all we have to offer!
Sincerely, Flora Khaimov, Executive Director
[removed]

An elegant yet warm and comfortable community in the heart of affluent Oakland County, American House West Bloomfield is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in West Bloomfield, Farmington Hills, and Novi, as well as Bloomfield Hospital, Beaumont, and Botsford Hospital. West Bloomfield Senior Living provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Floorplan options at West Bloomfield include studios as well as 1 and 2 bedrooms - all with full kitchens, living rooms and private baths. We also have a community dining room - restaurant-style dining available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our residents also enjoy an on-site beauty salon/barber shop, fitness/wellness center, computer room and more.

Our Life Enrichment Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Resident Services also include scheduled transportation. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.