Sunrise of Rochester - Rochester, MI

This facility was run down and weirdly designed. The operation looked sloppy and poorly managed. On the memory care floor, people were stacked up shoulder to shoulder in front of the community TV. Not for us.

Very nice

My tour

I only visited this community once and it looked like a pretty good place. The person I toured with was friendly. This community was just a little farther away than what we were looking for.

Good Community

Everything is going very well for my mother since her move to this community. They have a lovely staff, and I was pleased with all they did for us. They took very care of her and her needs. It is a good looking community. Everything has worked out very well, and I'am pleased.

Excellent Care

My loved one has recently came from a traumatic experience in another senior living home. Sunrise of Rochester has done an excellent job at helping my love one feel comfortable and safe. They have provided excellent care for my father and he is feeling right at home in this community. I am very thankful for there help with my dad and would defiantly recommend place.

A Friendly Tour

This was a nice community to see. I liked the place but it was so expensive. They did a great follow up and offered lunch to us. The staff were kind and friendly.

very friendly

The facility is great. The staff is very friendly. They offer different activities. The food is good there.

Clean, Homey, great Director, Dining not good first Impression

I can't possibly rate the last four categories just being there one afternoon moving my mother in

The director of sales was fantastic!
Caregiver was very friendly
Dining- She was very lost and no one talked to her including dining staff.

Other than her first dining experience everything was great

It seemed like a nice place.

We weren't here long at all before our loved one passed away. We didn't know it was that close to the end. We didn't get to experience much of the community, but it seemed like a nice place. I didn't have any complaints.

Have used Sunrise for Respite stays - love it! Wonderful staff, very caring. A dining room staffer remembered my mom after 7 months away and she had only been there for a couple of weeks the first stay. Even some of the residents remembered her (a huge plus).

A Caring Place

The people who care for the residents are great! Very caring and you can tell they like their job.

Friendly, helpful staff

So far our experience with Sunrise of Rochester has been a good one. They were very helpful throughout the whole touring and move-in process, and provided us a lot of useful information. The facility is clean and well kept, and the staff are friendly. After moving in we've had a little trouble getting them to respond to requests, but overall things have gone very well.

Very nice place, overall!

They do a great job at Sunrise of Rochester, I'd give them top marks across the board. We're completely satiisfied, so far. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff is helpful and professional. They are definitely worth a look, if you're looking into care in the area!

Nice place, overall!

I think they do a great job overall at Sunrise of Rochester. It's a beautiful, well kept, clean facility, and the staff take wonderful care of the people who live here. The only real issue we've had is a few mix-ups with articles of clothing through the laundry service. There has also been a problem with other residents wandering into my loved one's room, but unfortunately as it is a memory care facility and they cannot lock the doors there isn't much they can do about it. But overall it is a nice place, and I would recommend it to others looking into care in the area!

Excellent respite care

Our loved one was here for a brief respite, and they did a fantastic job! After I saw how wonderfully they treated all of their residents I knew that she would be in good hands and that I would be able to relax. They treat all of their residents like family and know everyone by name! I was also comforted by how thorough they were when we were filling out the paperwork, they really made sure they knew every single aspect of the care she would need. And, most importantly of all, she loved it!

The NIGHTMARE

This was the ABSOLUTE WORST home for memory care !! They had inexperienced staff. Very rude to the residents and didn't care for the needs of the residents .. I went in at 2:00 am to check on mom .. I went at all hours of the day and night ... Only to find mom in the bathroom with the laundry bag between her legs being used as a adult diaper .. It was saturated in urine and feces. Her other clothes were in the closet, wet and smelled of urine . That's all I will say .. I removed my mother at 5:30am and all of her belongings !
I did NOT pay Sunrise the balance of I believe was 17,000 and they DIDNOT bother me for it if you know what I mean ... I could have sued the day lights out of that place .. But didn't because of who we are and what we believe .

I am very happy. They are so friendly...

I am very happy. They are so friendly! My mom has a lot of needs, but they do a great job taking care of her. Everything is really, really good!

Doing a good job

We chose Sunrise for our loved one because it was half the price of a nursing home but still get the care that we needed. We are paying around $5,000 a month and the care is what we were looking for. When looking into nursing homes they were running about $9,000 a month but we didn't need all the extra care those communities provide. Sunrise is doing a very good job and we are very pleased with them. We would recommend Sunrise to anyone.

Rooming options - shared bathroom and...

Rooming options - shared bathroom and own room would be our preference.