American House Charlevoix Senior Living - Charlevoix, MI

Review of American House

I consider myself lucky to live here for 1 1/2 years now!
Premium city = my family here
Need assisted living facility 95 old and + walker (widowed)
Got a very nice 1 bedroom apartment
Management first class = v. helpful!
Service = A1!!
Kitchen personal same (they Bar-B-Que my steaks!!!

Excellent place to volunteer at.

American House Senior Living Communities

Marla, thanks so much for your 5-star review of our community! We appreciate your feedback.

We had a very thorough and pleasant meeting and fun, were shown several rooms and all facilities and left seeking very happy with the experience.
[Removed] was friendly, very informative and attentive.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your 5-star review of our community! We appreciate you taking the time to tour with us and we value your feedback.

Very helpful with moving in. Clean! Residents are made comfortable with food. Entertainment.

American House Senior Living Communities

Sam & Cheryl, thanks for your 5-star review of our community! We appreciate your feedback.

My mother is 92 and broke her hip a year ago. She has resided in St.clair Adult Foster Care in her home town where she lived her whole life. She moved two weeks ago and loves all the activities and the wonderful staff. We all couldn’t be happier with the care where she can experience some independent living while getting the help she needs.

Excellent except for medication management

The only problem we've had with American house is the management of medications. Communication is poor and knowledge worse.

My Friend is Doing Great Here

My friend is doing great here at this community. He loves it here, and is doing very well. They have a year round open pool. So he gets to go swimming whenever he wants to, and that is a big plus for him. His room is very nice, and he is allowed to bring to his cat with him. The meals are good. He is pleased with the food. He enjoys the staff, they are great. Also he isn't signed on a year long lease, it is month to month. It has been a great experience, he is pleased.

A beautiful community inside and out!!!!

American House is like a big happy family. The staff are well trained and know how to hold and communicate with Dementia residents. Mom says the food is good and she is now eating 3 times a day. They encourage her to participate in activities and she also likes an exercise class. She has become more outgoing and I would recommend this community.

Like that an outside party comes in for medical care

My mother doesn't really get a chance to particiapte in any of the activities because she doesn't get around too well so that's not applicable but I really can't think of a complaint, this is by far one of the best that my mom has been to.
One of the things I really like is American House is in charge of the facility, the food, the maintenence, keeping it a safe environment for them; they have neck pendants which is great. When it comes to the medical needs of the people, there's a third party that comes in and that's all they do. They're two experts in the [removed] American House runs the facility and the medical part is run by an outside party and that was huge.

American House Senior Living Communities

It’s nice to hear that you have no complaints! Thank you for leaving a review — and please drop by or call me if you ever have any questions or concerns. My door is always open!
Sincerely,
Cindy McCort, Executive Director

An upbeat and comfortable senior living community, American House Charlevoix is perfectly situated close to family, friends, downtown, shopping, Lake Charlevoix and Lake Michigan in the quaint town of Charlevoix and surrounding areas of Boyne City, East Jordan and Petoskey.

American House Charlevoix offers homelike studios and one-bedroom apartments each with their own private bathroom and kitchenette. We also have a spacious, yet cozy living room, a restaurant-style dining room, 24-hour refreshment center, a library, as well as an on-site beauty salon and barber shop.
Our Life Enrichment Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities, events and trips, and staff members are available 24-hours a day.

Resident services also include scheduled transportation, restaurant-style dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner, laundry and housekeeping services.

Additional services are also available such as medication reminders, individualized 24-hour care, daily personal hygiene and other medical support services.