Elk Rapids Assisted Living - Elk Rapids, MI

Elk Rapids Assisted Living - Elk Rapids, MI has yet not published prices.

Liked but not in love with

I liked this community but wasn't overly impressed with it. The appearance from inside and out was fine clean well maintained however did just didn't give me that feeling of being home. The staff was friendly and kind it was a little larger than other communities that I had looked at and maybe that is why I wasn't impressed with the feel of it.
The residents seemed quite comfortable there and aound the staff.

Mom is happy

They keep the home clean and they make sure mom has clean clothes. Mom seems to be eating well. The caregivers are very nice and seem to be taking good care of mom. They have bird feeders outside in a secure fenced in yard. This home is in a nice location and I would recommend it.

The home was clean and quiet. There were 3 residents where when I toured. Two stayed in their room. The grounds looked promising for pretty views in the spring and summer. They had one aid available for the residents with 24 hr "awake" service. Security at entry points seems appropriate and emergency buttons were available throughout the house. Quiet street pleasant staff.
My concern was socialization and medical oversight. There was no nurse on staff to assist with changing medications or spotting issues such at UTI's so common in elderly women. The residents didn't seem particularly engaged when I was there.