Bay Ridge Assisted Living Center - Traverse City, MI

Peace of mind

Peace of mind is what our family has received since both of our parents became residents @ Bay Ridge. The staff has been wonderful. Both parents are in a safe, clean compassionate place. I can't recommend Bay Ride enough! Very fortunate to have found this facility.

Toodie and Jay

My mom and step dad are very happy at Bay Ridge. They are not in Assisted Living but in the independent building. They both have dementia so we need to make a change very soon.
The stove/oven at Bay Ridge is much too complicated for them (it is complicated for me, as well) so they do not cook. I bring or prepare a hot meal every day for them.
They do not participate in any of the social activities. I think the bulletin boards are confusing and overdone for an elderly person to read, understand and remember. That is not the reason that they don't join in...they just prefer to stay in their apartment...mom has walking troubles so is not comfortable outside of her home.
The staff is friendly, but I was surprised that no one has ever come to my folk's apartment to introduce themselves and ask how they are doing and what, if anything, they could do for them. Just odd to me.

Clean, bright, well designed. Staff ...

Clean, bright, well designed. Staff competent and friendly. Residents clean and calm.

Not sure if Mom and Dad are quite rea...

Not sure if Mom and Dad are quite ready for such a drastic change. Thinking more of a retirement "community" with a little more personalized part-time help (3 hours/day)to come in.

Bus has lift yearly lease

Bus has lift yearly lease

Toured with my husband first, then wi...

Toured with my husband first, then with my mother and brother a second time, and then again with both of my parents. It appears to be their #2 choice at this time. Some of their friends from Leland currently live there and like it very much. It is lovely, and the 3 meals a day option is attractive to them.

Independent Living

*24 hour emergency response

Assisted Living
*Age requirement is 60 years old
*24 hour / 7 days a week
*Caring competent staff around the clock
*Medication Management
*Three nutritious meals prepared daily and served in our dining room
*Assistance with personal care, including bathing and showering