The Brook of Boyne City - Boyne City, MI

Beauty is skin deep

In retrospect, I am very disappointed our family chose the Brook of Boyne. I feel like we were told everything we wanted to hear to move in, but very little is actually true. Some of the staff are wonderful, but most of them seem overworked, understaffed and can't be bothered. Management is not helpful and lacks basic customer service skills or compassion. Phones are not answered. Very unprofessional. Our experience has not been great. I wish there were more options in the area.

Friendly and respectful staff

So far everything at The Brook of Boyne City has been a 5! The staff here are very nice and friendly, and very respectful towards the people they are looking after. The facility is clean and well kept. They also seem to have a good variety of activities, although my loved one does not personally participate much.

Daughter to mom who is 86 years old

My mom moved into "the Brook" in Gaylord. She is presently in the independent living 2 bedroom apartment. Very nice apartment with ample space. At any time she could change to assisted living . She makes her own breakfast and lunch. She goes to the dining room for dinner . She enjoys the company for dinner with the other residents. She is not excited about the food and would probably rate it " fair" . She likes the activities , bingo , movies . But personally I wish they had more activities to offer. We are pleased with cleanliness , and the people who work there. She has been there 9 months.