Greenfield Senior Living at Chesapeake - Chesapeake, VA

This place seems perfect. Very open, spacious. Friendly staff. Does not have an institutional feeling. Open access to courtyard is nice. Facility is secured for memory care residents but it does't seem like it.

Staff is very friendly.

I am happy with this facility thus far. It is very clean and everyone seems to care for each individual. They really take time to care for my Mother and they do what they need to do for her care. All of the staff members are friendly and professional at all times. They actually try to make my mom as independent as possible. I’ve been here during meal time and the food looks good and all of the residents seem to like it. As for activities, when I was there last time they were making gingerbread houses. I would absolutely recommend this facility to other families.

Doing Very Well Here

My mom seems to like this community very well. She is starting to make some friends and she likes going to play bingo. The staff is wonderful very friendly and nice. I haven't heard her complain about the food so I am assuming she is liking it. I would recommend this community to anyone.

A must see, the exterior of this establishment is very deceiving. [Removed] is awesome, very easy to talk to, and extremely professional. The interior court yard, along with the rooms and the activities available for the residents are awesome. This place is a must see to appreciate the unique layout of this building, and the professionalism of the staff and how they treat and care for their residents.

Good Care for Alzheimer

My mom is doing fine at this community. She is getting the care she needs for her Alzheimer. The staff are the best thing I like. I picked the community because they were the closest to me. I wanted my mom in Chesapeake.

I would not recommend this community.

The community seemed understaffed during mom's short stay here. The food was edible. It is not an active community. There was a bad smell at the community, however I do think they tried to keep it clean. There is not a lot of grounds for the residents to enjoy. We had to supply everything except the sheets and towels. When we moved mom out they said they were not able to locate the bed we brought in for her. We did not have a good experience with this community.

The best assisted living in virginia

The staff is top notch , My dad has dementia and they take such good care of him. They show love and give him undivided attention. Even I lose my patience with him. But they are real good people working there. I would not hesitate to recommend them. I will also add the place is spotless clean and really has a cozy home type atmosphere. Thanks Greenfield for such an outstanding job taking care of my dad.

[Removed]

Outstanding Care

This community is outstanding. The staff was very nice and very friendly. The meals are outstanding. The activities were wonderful and they enjoyed participating in so many activities. The community is so very clean. We would recommend the care and the value of this great community

Going good!

Dad really does enjoy the community. things are going well. They offer activities and the community is kept clean and so is dads room. We like the staff. We have no complaints.

Not impressed with level of care provided to residents. One resident was asleep on a bench in the hallway, one was slumped over in a wheel chair with no attention being paid to them.

Too expensive. She has an available income of $1946. $454 is for Medicare, Dental insurance, and USAA supplemental insurance.

Amazing Staff!!

In the beginning, we had a small problem with medications. My father would have to ask to get his pain medication and he wouldn't always remember to do so. Once I brought up the problem, though, they were quick to fix it. The staff is very nice and helpful, the lady in the cafeteria is amazing. My father doesn't like powder creamer, and that's all they have there so I bought him the individual liquid ones, and she makes sure he has his 2 creamers with his morning coffee every day.

This community is primarily for adults with dementia. The physical facility is older but well maintained. The rooms are smaller than many of the more recently built locations and residents share a half bath with the adjoining room. The dining area looked really nice and well maintained and the common living area on the side visited was homey with comfortable chairs, books and TV.

Everything Going Okay So Far

So far it has been an okay experience for my aunt here at this community. She is doing well here, and I know she is safe and in good hands. They have a good staff, they have been helpful and friendly. I'am comfortable with care they are providing her with. This is a community I would recommend, it is a nice place.

Great memory care unit.

The staff at this community have been wonderful at helping mom with her memory loss. They make sure she is always bathed and help her get ready for the day. They have made the best of her situation and made her feel very comfortable. I have no complaints and would recommend this place to anyone need of a senior living.

They Have Impressive Care

I am definitely happy with all this community has done for my mom. I would recommend their services. The staff are very attentive and keep in touch daily to give feedback about my mom. They are very caring about all the residents. I was impressed with the woman who sat down with my mom and made it a point to understand her characteristic and history, afterwards let her know who will be compatible as friends. That made the transition easier.

Best all around

My loved one has been there for two months. We toured several of the facilities and my family choose this facility because it felt good the moment we walked in. We got that feeling from the first time toured. The staff are all very helpful. The food is good. It is very clean and always smells nice. It has been a very hard adjustment for my family, the administrator and the director of nursing have taken the time out to sit and walk us through the process and that means a lot to all of us. They are so kind.

some things are lacking

They are really good at some things at Allzwell Assisted Living. But some things are lacking. When I brought her in the first two weeks I feel like she needed a sign saying, "I am new, these are the services I get." I had to remind the staff several times to check on her with regards to her incontinence. The correction was made very quickly though and I am really glad for that. They just need more guidelines for new patients. The facility is very clean and friendly overall and the are very attentive in the dining area.

Mother didn't like having Jack & Jill bathroom

A good place

The staff goes out of their way to help you through a very difficult time. Their compassion and understanding makes the process so much easier. They never hesitate to stop what they are doing to answer questions or address your concerns.

Liked the atmosphere of the facility. Loved the feel of the courtyard so very serene

Dont like where it is, too far from my home, not sure Mom would like it there, very safety minded, good staff/client ratio, activities for residents

Semi-Private room $2910 per day; Laundry Fee $60 Did not quote the Daily Living Fee.

My Uncle Philip

Before I put my uncle in ALLZWELL, I toured other facilities including this one. I visited/popped up at this facility twice. Each time I talked to the administrative staff and toured it the facility at different time so I wouldn't feel the staff was staged due to my visit. My uncle is now there and I found the facility well staffed with the proper aides and nurses according to the number of clients. The staff are very responsive to the clients needs and correct any irregularity that I address, friendly, professional and respectful. I love the patience the floor staff has and how they knows the personality of each client. My uncle is always dressed, shaven and clean. The facility is clean, food diet seems to be acceptable. the facility is only 10 minutes from my home. You can take what l wrote to the bank. Why?? because I will pop up anytime to make sure my uncle is being taken care of properly. I couldn't select a better facility.

I have toured a lot of other facilities in the area and this one is great for the price, there were no add ons. It was very clean and staff seemed to be very caring and friendly. There seemed to be many different levels of residents- which for me that means when my mom needs more care I will not have to move.

it was really nice and clean and the ...

it was really nice and clean and the staff was really helpful. Thank you'll very much.

Grandma seems to love the food.

Grandma seems to love the food. All the residents seem to really like the food. They have some really cute activities, little girls that come in and sing and a guy who plays the guitar. They play word games as well as bingo. They also have a really excellent courtyard.

Allzwell Assisting Living

Allzwell is a very nice place And I am very comfortable with the care my mom is receiving. Linda and Paula are wonderful!

Care wasn't as good towards the end

We had to move him out of there because he wasn't getting the care he needed. In the beginning, it was very good, and the cost for what you got was pretty good but it seemed like as we went on, the caregivers that we had that were taking care of him weren't doing as well as before. There was a CNA that was good with him but there were others that would get an attitude. They just kind of started aggrivating him, like when I asked them questions on what he needed and what was happening. He was at the end of the hallway and especially the night nurses didn't seem to check on him. They wouldn't know I was there at night sometimes and never went to check on him. If you could take the beginning and the end together it would be a 4, but towards the end it was a 3.

Kindness and Respect

They are wonderful. He's happy and he's gaining weight. I know he does activities. I'm not sure what they are but I assume since he's happy and he does them that they must be good. The things I like about them are the kindness and the respect that they staff gives them. They give him so much kindness, respect, and humor so he's comfortable there. He's kind of a recluse so that makes me feel really good.

Best Assisted Living in Chesapeake Two Years Running

We chose this community for my father because it was recommended by a friend and they have received the Best Assisted Living Award in the Chesapeake area two years running. The only downside is that the staff does not take time out, but family and friends can take them out when they come and visit. The community is very small and gives it a more home like feeling. He was in a rehab before we moved him here and we are much happier now. The price of this community is very good for what they offer. We are very happy with the choice that we made and would recommend this community.

Did not like. Nursing home ...

Did not like. Nursing home atmosphere

Allzwell Assisted Living Center is a licensed assisted living facility specializing in providing residents with supportive services and optimizing quality of life. Allzwell provides all activities of daily living and daily chores. Meals are freshly prepared, clothing is kept clean and fresh, a beauty parlor, community meeting and activity rooms are located on the premises. Allzwell services private pay clientele, age 55 and above, ambulatory and non-ambulatory. In addition to caring for residents with stable medical conditions, Allzwell also accommodates residents who are in early to late stages of Alzheimer’s disease, and other conditions resulting in dementia. Allzwell Assisted Living Center features all the comforts of home including an enclosed courtyard with a park-like setting as well as a bird sanctuary.
Great effort is made to maintain a warm, cheerful, odor-free and home like environment while providing necessary aids to help residents function at their highest capacity. Allzwell’s rates are affordable. We are able to provide extensive personal care and continuous individual attention to all residents at Allzwell Assisted Living Center.