Blue Skies of Texas East - San Antonio, TX

The Mission - Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation - opened January 2012
Now available to all seniors (Non Military welcomed)
LONG TERM CARE – we accept private pay and/or Long Term Care Insurance
Private rooms available
THE MISSION
4949 Ravenswood Drive
San Antonio, TX, 78227

The Mission is an innovative, award-winning 24-hour skilled nursing facility, providing professional and compassionate care in a comfortable setting with long-term and short-term skilled nursing and rehab-to-home care. You will find the warmth of home, modern design and spacious, sunny living areas to provide ease of recovery in a beautiful, inviting environment. We are transforming society’s view of how skilled nursing care is delivered through our new building design and program model known as Person Centered Care.

INDEPENDENT LIVING – opened 1970
Available to all retired and former officers from all uniformed services, their spouses, widowed spouses, parents and grandparents
4949 Ravenswood Drive
HOUSING - Apartments and Hill Residences

Military Retirement at its Best, enjoy the myriad of home and apartment options available to them - from Mid-Rise and High-Rise apartments with beautiful views of the cityscape and countryside ... to the spectacular new Hill Residences with their unique architectural design. Selections present a range of sizes, floor plans, locations and costs. And whatever your choice, housekeeping, maintenance, security and basic utilities are provided... Residents enjoy exceptional dining, an active social life that includes more than 65 events per year, group shuttle transportation, ongoing opportunities for culture, education and travel, and a lifestyle that focuses on wellness.

ASSISTED LIVING - ARNOLD HOUSE – opened 2011
Available to all retired and former officers from all uniformed services, their spouses, widowed spouses, parents, and grandparents
Arnold House
4917 Ravenswood Drive
License #132831

At Arnold House Assisted Living, military retirees enjoy a carefree lifestyle in private apartments or friendship suites with large walk-in closets and extra closet space. Each residence is equipped with a kitchenette that has a refrigerator/freezer and microwave enclosed in mahogany cabinetry with granite countertops. Ample parking, in close proximity, is available. Arnold House is pet-friendly, has free Wi-Fi and a computer lab accessible 24 hours a day. A warm and inviting great room provides a common area for dining, socializing and activities and a beautifully landscaped courtyard offers comfortable seating and space for leisurely walks. Security is ensured by an attendant at the gated entry, 24 hours a day.

You know this was my favorite place. When my turn comes this is where I want to be.

Blue Skies of Texas Visit

We had one of the best tours of a facility for our mother lead by Michelle [Removed]. This place is ideal for those who are wanting independence and a place where services are all inclusive. Michelle is such a compassionate, knowledgeable person to work with. She provided so much insight into our particular situation and was extremely patient with the many questions we had.

Nice Community!!

I went on a tour with my sister we really liked it. The staff seemed nice. It looks like my in laws will be choosing this community for the future.

Ilene Kitchens

We’re so glad to learn that your in-laws have decided to become part of our family here at Blue Skies of Texas East! While it sounds like you had a great experience when you toured our community, please reach out if you have any questions or need any further information. We’re here to help!

Blue Skies of Texas East Anxiety Apartments

When they want to sign you up, your catered to by hand and foot. Once you are a resident, you realize you have been bamboozled. The apartments have plumbing and air conditioning problems. Our apt. without fail has a black sludge that makes its way into our shower, often. The air conditioning in this place is very old. Weekly, the air does not cool. And heat during the winter is just as bad. They have maintenance personnel that works only eight to five p.m., after hours, or weekends, you have to wait until regular hours. The vents all over have black mold. They also keep a close watch over you, so as to move you into the Arnold House Assisted Living Apts., or The Mission. Why? Because they make more money that way. My wife and I are looking to move with family. Stick to your family, get a small apt. near family, hire a live in helper, keep it simple, remain in control. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON THIS GOING DOWN THE DRAIN PLACE CALLED BLUE SKIES OF TEXAS. The food is horrible. So many salmonella cases in their bistro. They don't have adequate kitchen staff or waiters. You must stand in line to order, then go sit at table. Foods never cooked properly. Over priced frozen dinners. Stay away I say!!!

Ilene Kitchens

We appreciate that you took some time to provide feedback on your experience at our community, and are sorry to learn that it hasn’t been all positive. Regarding the issues you raise, our staff is committed to making sure you’re satisfied. We’re happy to look further into these concerns and work to find a resolution. Our maintenance team is happy to look into the issue you raised regarding your shower, and also discuss your feelings regarding the heating and cooling of our community. We would like to clarify a couple of items, however. The levels of care we provide are an important reason many of our residents chose our community, and we can assure you that no one is pressured to make a change that isn’t necessary. We also should point out that our kitchen is fully staffed and committed to providing high quality meals and service to our residents. We’re sorry you haven’t been satisfied to this point. It may be a good idea to discuss your concerns in person. We’re happy to schedule a meeting at your convenience. Thank you.

So far, it's great!

There is nothing I have anything to complain about. It's clean, and the staff is friendly. They have been responsive to any of the little things I have asked about so far. They have two lovely restaurants, one is a little dressier, and more upscale than the other, and the food has been great. The thing I found most relaxing was their attitude towards getting my money, and after looking at some other places around, I don't think the value could be beat. It's still new, and it's only been a couple of months, but so far, it's great!

They had a great environment, and great people.

AF1 and all the communities we toured had key things that made them great. They had a great environment, and great people, the attitude of the people was great. I am not sure if we just picked only great communities to look at or if there are no bad ones. They were all fabulous, the ones that were close in proximity or the ones far away, they were all great! We couldn't pick one because we loved them all.

Review of Air Force Village I Assisted Living in San Antonio, TX

Buy-in very big draw back! Same price as other facilities on the northside of town. Cottage only option with a pet. East-very dated. West-more like a large hotel.

Has everything my Mom was l...

Has everything my Mom was looking for. A lot of activity. A lot of people out and about, very friendly, and a lot of very positive, unsolicited endorsements. Weekly Catholic mass on site. My Mom's doctor has office hours at AFV. Mom's pharmacy delivers to AFV. An indoor pool for exercise. Beautiful views. Good options for visiting guests. Most important, a continuum of options after independent living, right on site.

Responsive community

Just listen to everything that they tell you. There were things that I had to go back and ask questions about… just listen to what they have to say. The food is good – a five. We haven’t had any problems with the laundry. There is enough parking fine. I bought a concern to the management’s attention and they took care of it right away.