Yardley Commons - Voorhees Township, NJ

Very positive
Areas were well lit.
The people were very positive.

Beware of the food

I have lived here almost a year. Staff is great and atmosphere friendly. Everyone works hard and are super nice. Food is very poor and has gone down over the year. They use fancy names on the menu for badly prepared and poor tasting food. The menus are dictated from corporate to control costs. They are big on pasta which may be a small portion floating in bland sauce. Their Mexican dishes are frequent and horrible. Very few a the items have more than 3-4 pieces of meat. The main problem lies in the preparation. A stew will be served over cold pasta or rice. A patty melt consists of slices of toast with a patty done in the oven topped with a cold slice of cheese. You can always order just a deli sandwich which used to come on a good local rye bread and a one oz bag of chips. Now it comes on a tasteless commercial rye and a cup with a small serving of broken chips. They must have saved 10 cents. My advice is to beware of the food. I eat out or in my apt most of the time.
They also tried to raise my rent 7% 11 months after I moved in. I fought this and got it cut in half. Corporate is very greedy

Very impressed. Reconsidered my budget and decided to extend my search to include North Jersey.

Was very impressed with [Removed] and her presentation and tour. Very professional. I got to meet and talk to residents. The facility was very clean and fresh looking. Nicely decorated for the holidays. I was shown a 2BR and 1BR. The 1Br was in the process of being freshened up but a little small. The 2BR was in the process of being vacated but looked brand new. Everyone seemed friendly and a lot of activities available. Liked the location.

[Removed] was very helpful in walking us thru the residence and explaining the services offered. We determined that assisted living was preferred over independent living.

Not Impressed

I was not impressed with this community I felt it is a bit unkempt and when we had lunch it took up to 45 minutes to an hour just waiting to be served. The staff did a nice job with our tour, they took their time showing us around and they answered all our questions. I just did not feel that this was going to be the best fit for my mom.

We like this community

Dad liked that this community is close to Foster Square as he is close to shopping and restaurants. He likes the food and they do offer daily activities. The staff are accommodating and reassuring. The community is taken care of. I would recommend this community.

With some improvements, this could be a great community!

My loved one is doing well in this community! This proved to be a good transition for them. The community seems to be very clean. One concern I have is the fact that, when things are broken, they don't get fixed in a timely manner. My loved one is also not too fond of the food. Depending on the situation, I would recommend this community!

Besides [Removed] attentiveness, [Removed], a resident, was invaluable and welcoming and a warm and delightful luncheon companion.

The tour of Yardley Commons was very nice. We looked at four different units. They were all roomy and bright. My Mother-in-law has not decided when or where she is going. The monthly fee is higher than she would like to spend since she is on a fixed income.

Embracing Community

My mother loves it here ! She is doing very well, and I'am pleased with her move to this community. Everything has worked out very well. I know she is safe and in good hands. The staff is always willing to help, and they are very friendly. There are plenty of activities for the residents. She enjoys playing bingo. The meals are very high quality. So everything is delicious. This is an embracing community, and I would recommend it.

Friendly Community

My tour of this community was a nice one. The community had a friendly atmosphere, and everyone was very kind. Everything looked nice and well maintained. The staff was very informative and helpful. It was a very nice experience.

Home sweet home

Love love love the people, staff (Gina, Frank and Josephine)as well as residents. Make you feel at home. Nice atmosphere, nice rooms, nice activities. Highly recommend!

My mother in Law is very Happy!

I have to say , that the first time I walked in to Yardley I knew my mother in law will love to live there. We where searching for an independent living for her for two months before we decided on this place and I have to say.. This was "The Place" for her. My mother in law is 85 and she has always been independent with her own apartment. It was hard to convince a 85 year old that has always done for herself that it was time to get some help for everyday living. Yardley manager made it a smooth transition for us to make all the arrangements for my mother in law to relocate. She is now living at Yardley for a month and she enjoys every minute of it so far. My husband and I go see her every other weekend and so far she has not complained or said she doesn't like the place . She has set up activities for herself to do during the week and enjoys the three meals given to tenants daily included in monthly arrears.she has met many new friends which she shares time with everyday. My husband and I really look forward to going to Yardley on weekends to visit my mother and have been considering Yardley retirement for us when it's time for us to retire at some point.

Yardley Commons is not the place I expected!

I live close to my family and that is the main reason I still reside in this community. I have a nice room with a nice view of the grounds, the community is kept very clean and I have no complaints about that. I am however disappointed in the staff, while the staff is good at their jobs they are not very friendly and do not have smiles on their faces. I take the food with a grain of salt and the servers are also not very friendly but I have to say the activities coordinator is great. The other residents are not very active within the community as they prefer to only play bingo, cards or go to the casino. I would not recommend this community to active seniors in the area.

Very nice place!

Mom is really enjoying herself here! The staff is extremely helpful, friendly, and welcoming. Everyone we've worked with throughout the whole process has been really on the ball! The place is always spotless, and has a really friendly atmosphere. Mom has also had very good things to say about the food!

Give this place a strong consideration.

This was a huge move for Mom and a critically important decision for me as a responsible family member. Mom has adjusted well, made friends and participates in many of their formal activities. I'm amazed at the high quality and frequency of live entertainment. She is eating 3 meals now each day which Yardley provides so she's healthier. At Yardley, she has people to eat with, talk with and play games with - and participates in some of their 'field trips'. The staff has been very sweet, caring and supportive. Overall, Mom seems very happy at Yardley even though it was a huge adjustment from living in her home of over 50 years - which had become lonely and unsafe for her to continue to live independently. As a responsible family member, I rest easier knowing she is in a safer environment to maximize her quality of life while minimizing the risk of injury.

Very nice independent living!

My loved one lived here, and overall I thought it was a very nice place! The facility was clean and well kept, and the people all seemed very friendly. They were also very conveniently located across from a shopping center, within easy walking distance! My loved one really enjoyed her time here!

Nice place

Our experience with Yardley Commons has been a good one. It's a clean, well kept facility, and the staff is friendly and helpful. My loved one has settled in well and seems to be enjoying himself here!

It was decent, but there was no kitchen.

We toured Yardley Commons. It was decent, but there was no kitchen. The only thing that constituted as a kitchen was a tiny fridge, a sink, and only enough counter space for a microwave. We also didn't like that the laundry facility was down the hall.

Things are going well

We're very pleased by how things have turned out at Yardley Commons, my parents are really thriving here. Dad is ecstatic, and really seems to be enjoying himself, and Mom has put on weight and is doing much better than she was at home. It is a nice looking place, and the staff are friendly and professional.

I had a nice lunch. They have an interesting vacation program. They do not have any Assisted Living associated which is what I feel I need. Sorry.

There hasn't been one thing that hasn't been good.

I think someone kidnapped my mother and put someone else there, because she is just so happy. With three meals a day and housekeeping, and that they will take her anywhere she wants to go, I think it's a good value. She is doing things that she has never done before. My mother is extremely fussy, and she loves the food. It's very, very clean, and they were very accommodating. There hasn't been one thing that hasn't been good. I have no complaints at all.

Holiday Retirement

Kathy, we didn't kidnap your mother -- it's really her! Thank you for the great feedback. We take a lot of pride in our food service and housekeeping staff, so we're pleased to learn your mother appreciates them like we do. We're always happy to make accommodations when we can; it's what we call the "Holiday Touch." Thanks for choosing Yardley Commons!

good overall, but some issues with dining

The housekeepers are very friendly, and do a great job. The overall facility is attractive, with plenty of light. My one issue is dining. There are set hours for the 3 meals, with no flexibility. Not ready for supper at 5:30? there is no later option. The carts of salad, then entrees, then desert come by to your table one time. I don't understand why an open dining plan with more restaurant style service wouldn't be more, rather than less, efficient. The way they do it, meals are long, and if your table is served last that night, you wait a long time. The serving style adds to an institutional feel. Also, food seems pretty much drenched in gravy... its adequate, but not outstanding.

Great community, Mom is happy here

So far my Mom seems happy with this community, and that is what matters the most. Right from the get go the staff were friendly, those that gave us the tour were informative and eager to help. I like that there are a lot of windows throughout the community, it feels bright and airy, which is great. The food is also great, with only the occasional dish a picky eater might have problems with. I also like that it is located right across from a nice shopping area, which Mom can go out to whenever she'd like.
I would feel a little better if they had maybe a nurse or some sort of medical person on hand, just for peace of mind, but other than that I really have no complaints. This was the first location we toured, and the one we decided on in the end!

Spoke with manager, sounds affordable...

Spoke with manager, sounds affordable. Small studio for starter, can upgrade to bigger once in and it becomes available. No lease, goes on month to month rental. Not as luxurious as some but more affordable. Lots of amenities for them. Plus they will help them move in - send moving van, etc. Across from library and mall.

People extrememely responsive. Tried ...

People extrememely responsive. Tried to convince Dad to move there, but he wasn't ready to move. I would rate the people very high that worked with me.

Hotel style accomodations, refig, sin...

Hotel style accomodations, refig, sink, no stove. Small outdoor area. Modern well kept rooms, small common sun room, decent common multi-purpose room. Directly across from Voorhees Center.

we had a tour and were very impressed...

we had a tour and were very impressed with this facility. This will be the choice when the decision is made to move.

Situated on beautiful, secure grounds just 15 miles from downtown Philadelphia, you’ll love our charming facilities and the convenience of being so close to the history and entertainment in “The City of Brotherly Love.” We’re minutes from shopping, medical facilities and fine dining, and just an hour from Atlantic City.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind