Yama Services Adult Assisted Living - Mechanicsville, VA

Good care and comfort.

The care at this community is very good. I like the staff that is attentive. We like the cleanliness of the community with the good environment. They need some more activities that could be offered to the residents. We would be happy to recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

A nice place

This looked like a well taken care of care home when I visited. The owner was great. This seemed to be more of a care home for people with memory care needs and my loved one did not need this type of care. I would recommend taking a look to see if this home would work for your loved one.

The best!!!

The staff and facility is warm and welcoming. My mum's transition to Yama was seamless due to the home feel of this facility. I am so grateful to a Place For Mom for recommending Yama and I can't find strong enough words to express my gratitude and happiness to the Yama staff for the wonderful care my mum receives.

Yama Services is a God send

The home and staff at Yama Services is beyond words. The home is beautiful, well maintained and outfitted to handle the special needs of elder care. The grounds are lovely.

The staff is so wonderful. The care given to my mum is exceptional. They are cheerful, upbeat and very friendly. The residents are very clean, well fed, happy and well cared for both physically and spiritually.

The decision to give up caring for my mum was extremely difficult, but the staff at A Place For Mom and at Yama Services have given me ease of mind and confidence in the decision to turn her care to more experienced hands. Thank God for these loving and caring people!!!

Beautifully landscaped yard with a wooded backyard. Very friendly people. We were given a full tour and explanation of the home and how things work. Unfortunately my mother-in-law did not feel this was the right place for her.

clean and spacious facility. Ama very accommodating and pleasant.

adult care in a home setting

my mother has now passed away .they took excellent care of her. She was always clean,, had on clean clothes. Never had to wait for assistance to use the restroom. The meals looked good and smelled great. Always kept me informed of her condition. Ama and Bill easy to work with and able to work Out long term care options. Thank for your kindness!

I did not feel I was speaking with a medical professional. Majority of residents sleeping in the middle of the day. Lunch served late in afternoon. Residents didn't have any water near them or a place to sit water. Beautiful clean home but no activities for residents. No interaction observed between anyone.

Friendly, accommodating care staff

They do an excellent job at Yama Services Adult Assisted Living. The staff here are extremely caring and professional. It unfortunately was not a good fit for my loved one carewise, but the people here were extremely accommodating and tried everything they could to allow him to stay. Even after he moved out they've called occasionally just to check up on how he is doing. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking into care in the area!

Did not have a good experience

Our experience with Yama Assisted Living has not been a good one. They told us that they were able to handle a person with our loved one's level of physical limitations, but this was not the case. They did not use proper equipment or techniques and our loved one was injured with 24 hours of moving in. The bathrooms were not wheelchair or walker accessible, and she fell trying to get in. They also claim to offer 3 nutritionally balanced meals a day, but apparently they think pizza is a nutritionally balanced meal for a senior.
I will say that the facility itself is very clean and well kept, but we were not impressed at all by the care or safety they offered.

Yama Services

You aren't going to find a better place than this. I've worked in nursing homes and my grandfather was in another place before that had more staff and much less quality care. Since being at Yama Services he's cleaner, better fed and most importantly he's happier. This place is like a real home. Its clean and doesn't have a nursing home smell. I instantly felt at home with Ama and her husband. Its a joy to visit the place and I don't feel I need to keep out eagle eyes on my grandfather because every time I go to see him he's happy and spoiled by the staff. Thank you Yama Services for providing a nice place for the elderly that is kind, thoughtful, diligent and respectful.

Great residential home setting with f...

Great residential home setting with friendly staff and neat place.

YAMA Services Adult Assisted Living home is located in Mechanicsville, Hanover County off of Atlee Station Road. This is a licensed assisted living home with a capacity for seven (7) residents. We provide a warmly decorated home with a team of friendly professionals. Our team of professionals include Certified Nurse Aides, Registered Nurse, Direct care staff and Administrator to provide you and your loved ones with affordable and quality care. In summary, we provide the following services:

-24 Hour residential care and supervision
-Healthy cooked meals to meet all dietary needs
-Fully furnished bedrooms
-24 hour Security system for medical and emergencies
-Provides laundry service
-Supervised social and recreational activities
-Church and devotion service
-Housekeeping services
-Safe and quiet neighborhood
-Handicap Access
-Medication Management
-Licensed Facility meeting all safety and regulation standards