Brookdale McMinnville Town Center - McMinnville, OR

His choice

I really like the tour of Brookdale McMinnville City Center. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The community was clean and well-maintained. My husband had the final say so and he chose another community.

Care and comfort

We toured this community. We did not like the person who was giving us the tour. They did not seem professional. The community did not have the feeling that we wanted. The community could use improvements in the cleaning and the odor. This felt like a nursing home for the care. We wanted a lively community for my mom.

Outstanding place to call home.

I like this community for the excellent care for my mom. The staff is always active for the care for my mom. The meals are very good with a nice variety. They do offer the residents to get involved with the activities. The environment here is outstanding. We would highly recommend this community for the good care and value to other families.

Did not work out...

The Brookdale McMinniville was a good community, unfortunately, we are moving my father out. They kicked out my father's dog even though they said they would take him. The staff was all very nice people and the place was very clean. I think our buiggest complaint was that in order to join the activities, the residents had to sign up, and my father would not always remember to join. Also, I felt like the ladies who were helping my father shower were not doing a very good job.

Loving Care

We are happy with the care that mom is getting here. The staff is very good and friendly. It is very clean here and the grounds are taken care of here. The food is very good and mom is happy with everything. She loves doing the activities here. We would recommend this to others looking for good care.

A nice community!!

My sister seems to like living at Brookdale. The staff seem to take good care of her. The food is good and they are accommodating. The community is clean and I would recommend it. They offer drives in the country.

Staff is always smiling !!

My loved one is really enjoying the meals that are provided for her as well as the desserts. The staff has been encouraging and very helpful in getting my mom to participate in activities they have during the day . Overall staff is wonderful and always smiling. I would highly recommend this community to anyone in need of a senior living residence.

Very nice place

Our experience with Brookdale McMinnville was a very positive one, I would highly recommend them to anyone looking into senior care in the area. It is a nice looking place, the staff is friendly and professional, and they take excellent care of the residents.

Staff

The staff here has been incredible to my mother since we have first visited here and since moved her in and so on. I have a slight billing complaint but it was fixed and resolved.

I couldn't be happier

In am very happy. My mom is here, she plays bingo, they have people to sing to her, the play cards, have ice cream socials, and put puzzles together once a week. I love the location because, its close to me and I couldn't be happier.

terrible

It was terrible at Brookdale McMinnville Town Center. The care was terrible. She laid in bed for days with out being changed. All they have are teenagers that work there that are on their cell phones all the time. My mother-in-law has passed away. I am very disappointed in this facility. It was not good.

very nice

The facility at Brookdale McMinnville Town Center is very nice. Overall we had a very good experience, although I did find in my experience that a few of the staff members could stand to be a little more congenial.

Awesome Facility and Loving, Caring Staff. Highly recommend.

Every employee at this facility goes above and beyond to assist. Every email is answered promptly. Every issue or request is responded to promptly.

I think this place is Awesome in every way. The employees love the residents and treat everyone like family.

I toured several Assisted Living facilities and needed on with Memory Care (when the time comes for Mom). This is the place I loved and chose. I have no regrets.

It is a difficult transition for my parents (leaving their home of 40 years). But, slow, but sure we are all working together to make this work. I feel my parents are safe and well cared for.

Going well so far!

Things are going well overall at Brookdale McMinnville. The staff here are very attentive and friendly, and I like that they pay close attention to the needs of the residents. We originally moved my loved one into the memory care unit, but after they observed him for a while they suggested he transfer to assisted living instead, as they thought it would be a better match for him. He really seems to be enjoying himself here! He has made friends with the resident cat, which I know went a long way in winning him over.

They make seniors happy and comfortable

They have quite a few people there that help and deal correctly with the seniors living there. Brookdale really tries to get them to talk and be comfortable while they are there. We are happy with this facility.

Bad billing

They dont bill right ..I am always getting big bills even when i know how much it is every month..So their billing is bad..One month they sent me a bill for 61,000 dollars..Mother has been there since Feb. and never got a correct bill yet...

Memory care felt small and confined

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for my loved one. This facility looked nice enough, and the people were friendly, however we did not like the layout. The memory care section felt very confined and cluttered, and it was upstairs.

Everything is Taken Care Of

As far as my interaction goes, they do a wonderful job. I am in Florida so I am not in there, but I don't have any major complaints from her. I have a cousin and her husband who have taken care of everything and I haven't heard anything negative from them, either. Anything that happens they address with my cousin right away. We had been doing a conference call every 30 days, but now we have moved to every 90 days.

Frustrating Billing Issues

They're nice people but they could really improve their billing. Their billing system comes through corporate and it's impossible to keep track of what's going on. I've had issues with getting bills late and things not being corrected. It's just been a big mess.

We chose Wynwood because they seemed really really nice and the price was lower than things in the Portland area.

The Right Place for Mom

I visited several facilities in my search for a memory care center for my mother. All of them had a calendar of events and activities they shared with me. But when I did drop in visits, Wynwood was only one of two that actually did what was listed on their calendar. The other facility did not accept Medicaid.

What I found at Wynwood helped me to place my mother there and feel comfortable that I was making the right decision. The staff is loving and capable. The food is outstanding. The living quarters are superior to any others that I saw.

The types of activities (music, crafts, outdoor trips, etc.) offer more stimulation and encourage participation. For the first time in years I can relax knowing that mom is safe. I don't have to worry about her taking her meds properly. I know that I made the right decision for her and for myself.

Very Friendly Staff!

Very nice people. It was very small, but we liked the room. They were awesome. The fed us lunch, talked and showed us memory care unit. The staff interacted with my father right away.

Some Questions

Compared with everybody else I suppose they're right in there as far as cost goes but the cost of health care is high.

While my dad was there one of the footrests for his wheelchair disappeared. They said they would look for it or replace it and they never did follow up or do anything about it. Another thing that I would have to question is that my dad was in Wynwood at the start of August. We paid for the whole month for his room and care charge but on the 3rd of August we took him to the hospital. He was in the hospital for several days and then he went to a nursing home and hasn't been back to Wynwood since. They said after 14 days of him not being there they would drop the care charge and I'm wondering why they are charging for those days that he's not there.

people are nice

people are nice

Villas residences provide a warm and comfortable residential environment where older adults can enjoy their retirement years with dignity and choice. Life enrichment programs and outings provide opportunities to socialize and appreciate each day to the fullest. Residents enjoy the privacy and convenience of their own apartments, furnished with personal belongings and treasured mementos. Supportive services, such as weekly housekeeping, daily meals and 24-hour staff, are available to provide a sense of comfort and ease.