Hillside #2 - McMinnville, OR

Treating My Father In Law Very Well

My father in law is doing pretty well here at this facility. They are taking very good care of him and his needs. The is facility is well maintained, they do a very good job of keeping everything nice and clean. All the staff has been great. They have been very helpful and accommodating. There are activities offered, but he prefers to chat with the other residents. The food is very good. We know he is receiving good care and I would recommend this facility.

Happy Resident

I am a very happy occupant of one of the upgraded apartments. Moving to the Hillside Manor has given my life a real boost and new direction. The food is so outstanding I have to be really careful not to over eat. Great thing: I don't have to cook it or do the dishes! The residents made me feel so welcome from day one. The staff care about us as though we are family. Have I mentioned the wine and cheese gatherings? Tidbits served are so good. They have so many varied activities I just can't find time to do them all. So I just sit in my chair and mold. - NOT! ! There are lots of different kinds and levels of group exercise classes to keep one's joints moving and limber. In just over a month we will have new exercise area 3 or 4 times larger than the previous one. Look hard enough and you'll find an outdoor swim pool (salt water).

Delicious meals and great exercise classes

I now enjoy the freedom of independent living without the worried of home ownership. Moving to Hillside has given me more time for creative activities and community involvement. But I also appreciate the security of knowing good care will be available when I need it. I love having delicious meals ready every day without my planning, shopping and cooking. I can cook and bake only when the spirit moves me. Starting every day in exercise classes with skilled instructors who make it fun is wonderful.

Best decision I ever made

Today is my 2nd anniversary of living here at Hillside. It's been wonderful, best decision I ever made. It is so friendly here, the food is great. I live on the balcony at the Manor so I have all kinds of scenery changes with the fall leaves right now. the sun sets are beautiful all through the year. Lunches and dinners are such a fun special time no matter if its a special event or just everyday. There are so many special trips and plays in McMinnville or Portland, dinner trips in and around town and the city are great. Always a cup of coffee at the fireplace and someone to visit with if you get lonely.

They Do A Lot Of Things Well

I think that they do a lot of things well, and the residents themselves are friendly and they made my mom feel welcomed. A couple things where they might fall short is that they have a friendly bus driver, but it's difficult for the residents because you have to let them know far, far in advance for like a five minute ride, so transportation could improve. Overall I think my mom is very happy.

they do a good job

They maintain the grounds at Hillside Retirement Community really good. The staff allow the residents to be as involved or not involved as they would like. I will say it has become a very popular place and it seems like it has become hard for the staff to keep up with repairs. They do a good job it just takes a while. I do wish they could tailor some of their meals to certain dietary needs.

very good

Hillside Retirement Community has been very good for my wife and I. We like that we are able to stay in our own cabin.

The one area of disappointment is the food. The food is not that great and can definitely be improved.

They are loving it. They are just so happy there.

They are loving it. They are just so happy there. They have no complaints at all. We really like how tall their ceilings were, it helps it not feel claustrophobic. My sister fell in love with it right away when she saw it. I would rate them very highly.

Very nice place.

Very nice place.

This is an excellent community.

This is an excellent community. The food is excellent food. They have something they can do all the time. They have a small patio outside to sit. It's just a nice home like place, it doesn't feel commercial. It's neat, and clean. It's a little on the expensive side. They offer assisted, and skilled nursing as well as independent senior living.

Warm and friendly atmosphere!

We found that Hillside Manor was the nicest, most modern facility we checked out (in fact, still finishing up the remodel...) And, they were the least expensive! The residents and staff are incredibly friendly, welcoming and helpful!

I found Hillside with the help of Bar...

I found Hillside with the help of Barbara from a Place for Mom.. She was a great help in finding a great place for my father who needed skilled nursing. They helped us get him into the facility with doing the paperwork and all the phone calls to get him admitted...Loraine did all this and worked late at night to get this done for us. Since he has been there he has excelled and will be moving into memory care this week. We are very happy with the care and the atmosphere there it is just what my dad needed. My mother moved in also into the independent care center so she can just walk to the other end of the building to be with my father it works great for her to..

Beautiful. Duplexes are qu...

Beautiful. Duplexes are quite spacious, and there is a villa, about 1800 sq ft coming available soon. Forced air and looks more like a house. walk in shower. good food, 2 dining rooms, gym and activity room, wide open spaces. inexpensive golf club w/in 2 miles. continuing care available, so they would be there for the duration. could be too far tho.

Hillside is Oregon’s Premier Retirement Community situated on 57 acres offering the best in luxury retirement. We have walking paths throughout our community that will take you through our 92 retirement cottages, personal gardening areas, outdoor heated pool and wellness center. Hillside offers a variety of floor plans available for our apartments and cottages ranging from studios to three bedrooms.

Hillsides health care allows you to age in place offering Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Skilled Nursing for your changing needs. Located in the heart of Oregon’s wine country this Continuing Care Retirement Community offers the best in retirement living.