Sunrise of Leesburg - Leesburg, VA

The staff here seems great but the rooms are very small and the showers are shared with the hallway (just a half bath with the room). I think this would be too much of a change to be an option.

Staff to resident ratio blew my mind

When I first toured the facility I was really impressed on how nice the staff was and how attentive they were. The staff to resident ratio blew my mind. If my mother needed that much care in their assisted living I would definitely have her here.

Mixed opinion

I have mixed opinions here, the care givers were helpful and friendly and I really believe they care about the residents and the care they provide.

When we checked Mom in we were told that she would be sharing a room with someone who keeps the lights on all night as well as the TV. This was the first anyone had mentioned this and it was too late to find an immediate alternativ. They did promise to move her to another room within ten days. Fortunately, Mom was a good sport about the situation.

This should not have been a surprise occurring at the time of admission.

This is a very old facility in a quaint setting but appears a bit worn on the inside.

There is a piano in the main public room and when we arrived a resident was playing. It seemed a very nice atmosphere. Later, however, it was a distraction as we attempted to have telephone conversations. It was often too loud for us to hear one another. There either needs to be a more quiet public space or some consideration for the noise level over long durations of tim.

Finally, and most concerning, my Mom was taken to the hospital because she had a very high fever. The transpired in the early morning hours and I was not informed until afternoon the following day. While she was conscious and aware when she arrived by the time I was informed she was ventilated and under heavy sedation. She passed away the following evening.

The late notice obviates any chance of speaking with her before her passing.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Options for comfort

We toured this community. We did not like the director and felt like he need more of a caring touch. The community seemed to be clean and the menu was appealing. Other families might want to tour this community for the care and information needed for a loved one.

My father's care

This was a nice place for my father. The staff was very good and were very caring. The food seemed to be good. They had activities for everyone to participate. I would recommend this for other families looking for good care for a loved one.

staff is very friendly

At Sunrise Of Leesburg they really keep them active as far as activities go. The staff is very friendly. There is a nice homey feel to the facility. There has been an issue of them feeding him too much. He's gained 2 inches since he's been there about a month and a half. He does have incontinence and is not changed regularly. These are the reasons I did rate them a little lower.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for sharing your review and we are sorry to hear about your experience with Sunrise. We’d like to learn more as we take all concerns seriously. Please email Information(at)SunriseSeniorLiving(dot)com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Concerns that hopefully will change

My concerns after 5 months, Not enough men care givers to lift the heavier residents like my husband. Takes two ladies most of the time to put him in or out of the bed.
At this time , not sure if anyone really sits and talks on a daily basis, although, he has become more talkative then when he first moved in and responds to most of the care givers. Husband says the food is good, but I have a concern about the calorie intake.
They have activities for the majority of the residents, not much for men who have limited interest or abilities.
They hope to change that.

Sunrise Senior Living

Great place! Beautiful town, lovely historic home. Staff is friendly and attentive. Clean environment m

My experience with Sunrise of Leesburg

My experience with Sunrise of Leesburg has been excellent. The staff is very friendly, the food excellent and the facility is very clean. I love the fact that it is an historic home with a relatively small number of residents. I would recommend Sunrise of Leesburg without hesitation.

Great place, but a bit expensive

This place is great if you like a small home feel instead of a large facility. The home is older, but they do regular renovations and everything is always in good working order. The staff are very friendly and attentive to my father and they genuinely care about him. He LOVES the food which was a big bonus for us because he has no dietary restrictions and eating is one of the few things he still can do on his own and thoroughly enjoys. Overall, we are very happy with Sunrise of Leesburg, but it is on the pricey side so we won't be able to afford it that long.

Has family feel but not as ...

Has family feel but not as appealing as others.

Sunrise Senior Living

Although its own by Sunrise...

Although its own by Sunrise and they will take Mom, the house is very very old and everyone shares the community bathroom for showers. I don't like that. Hallways are small and slanted, Mom will always fall. I have been there lots volunteering, and my friends have used the place for their parents. I wish they would renovate it. Too much chaos going on with the staff, and they keep pets there. I know Mom hates pets. lol

This was a wonderful facility

This was a wonderful facility

Very nice facility - this was our sec...

Very nice facility - this was our second choice.

A very nice facility, extremely well ...

A very nice facility, extremely well kept. Professional staff and amenities. The patients appear well cared for and happy. If it weren't so far away from family, it would be a good choice or my Mom. Also, the cost is higher than I expected to pay. This is my first visit and I didn't know what to expect.