Windy Hill Village - Kingwood, WV

Nice Community!!

My father likes that the community doesn't feel like an institution the atmosphere feels nice and calm. The staff has been friendly. The meals provided are okay, they do offer ice cream one of his favorite snacks. The community offers a few activities on site. It's a safe place for my father to reside.

Stay Away

I placed my mother in this facility in June of 2013, with a diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease. She did need a little assistance when walking, but she was extremely pleasant and would always have a smile on her face. I had toured Windy Hill Village prior to her placement, and based on what I was told, it seemed to be perfect for her; however, every time I would visit my mom there, I found negative issues and realized a total lack of care for her overall physical health and well being. After only four months while in this facility, I received a phone call close to midnight saying that my mom had fallen and was being taken to the hospital. I rushed to the hospital the following day and was SHOCKED to see that my mom had a black eye, bleeding on her brain, and a fractured femoral head requiring surgery. Due to complications from the brain bleed, she passed away in November. I would NEVER recommend placement of a loved one in this facility. The fall my mom had was suspicious, and "conveniently" wasn't witnessed by anyone. I received three different stories as to how my mom was found after the so-called fall. [removed] I miss her DEARLY!

She is very pleased there and she says they treat her pretty good.

She is very pleased there and she says they treat her pretty good. The price for what you get is really good. They call me right away if the least little thing happens. They have bingo sometimes, but some months they do not. They don't take medicare or medicaid.

We Do Care!

Windy Hill Village is state licensed for 47 beds and we believe that being a modest sized facility enables our staff to offer the best care specifically tailored to you. Perched atop a little hill in Kingwood, WV you will enjoy restored happiness, new friendships, annual events,family gatherings, resident outings and relaxing downtime for what ever interests that you love. We boast about our caring and dedicated staff our high employee retention, loyalty and some of the lowest fees around.