Windlands South - Nashville, TN

The visit was very pleasant. We enjoyed the lunch. We were shown things we wanted to see. [Removed] was very good at explaining the things we wanted to know. The residents seemed to be happy. The building was recently renewed and was very lean. We could be happy living there.

You have privacy

I looked at many places, but I liked this location because you get your own privacy. You have an apartment and you can keep your door locked. You can be private when you want to be. Many other places do not allow you to keep your door locked. The staff here is great and friendly. The food that they serve is good too and you have many options. The facility also provides lots of activities for you to participate in. I recommend this location to others because it has been a difficult change for me but I am starting to get used to it. The other residents are friendly as well and I made some friends while being here.

Holiday Marketing

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us! We think our residents and staff are awesome too! We hope to see you soon. Please reach out to us if you have any questions!

Going Excellent

My mom has started to settle in and things are going excellent here. Mom likes her apt and it has a full kitchen in it so she can still cook if she wants to or she can go to the dining room and join the other residents for dinner. The community is very nice, there are a lot of amenities for the residents to choose from if they want to and they also have field trips for shopping and other special activities for them to take part in. I glad to see my mom happy.

Nice clean, well lit, nice ppl outgoing, not as upscale but certainly pleasant, no rehab or pool therefore 4 stars. Great menu.

Not bad

They offer different meal choices and the food is ok. They do offer some daily social activities. The community is clean and the grounds are excellent. The staff are nice and most of the time they are quick to respond. They do try to work with the families. There are residents with motorized scooters and unfortunately, the building was not designed for these. I would recommend asking a lot of questions and doing your research before choosing a community.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, my name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and while I am very sorry to hear we won't receive the opportunity to serve your family, I'd like to thank you for reaching out and sharing these comments and reflection on your experience with us. We were pleased to hear and thank you for your kind comments on our friendly staff and clean grounds and common spaces, and of course wish you the best in your continued search for senior housing. Of course, we welcome you back anytime if you care for another look after viewing other nearby communities, and hope to hear from you again soon! Thanks again for this honest and thoughtful feedback! --Katie

Good Tour Of This Facility

I had a pleasant tour of this community. Everyone was very kind, and welcoming. The community looked good, everything was nice, and clean. The staff I met was friendly. It was a good tour,but I did find another community that met my needs better.

Nice Community

This community offers daily activities including music. The community and the grounds are well taken care of. The staff seem competent and seem to know what they are doing. I would recommend this community.

My thoughts

This is a nice gated community. It is in a decent area, however the cost is a little more expensive than a similar community in a neighboring area. The staff we met were nice and they seem to offer a lot of activities. I would recommend taking a look at this community to see if it would work for you.

Very Friendly Tour Overall

I had a nice tour of this community. Everything went well, and everyone was very kind. The community looked very nice, and well maintained. The staff was kind, and informative. My questions were answered. It was a good experience overall, my tour went well.

Wonderful Time at this Community

I'am really enjoying my time here at this community. It is truly a wonderful place with great people. I'am meeting a lot of interesting people. The residents have been very kind, and welcoming. The management is great, they have really gone out of their way to make sure I'am comfortable. The staff is wonderful, they have been very accommodating. The maintenance crew is excellent. I couldn't be happier with my choice to move here. This is a community I would highly recommend.

A tour for care

I toured this community for care. I did not like the area that was far from places I needed to go to. I did not like that it was a high rise community that you could also place items in storage. The staff was nice. They do offer a menu that is available. I would recommend that families tour this community to make sure that this is what they want for a community for care.

Wonderful rooms

I really liked the set up of the room when I toured Windlands. The way the rooms are laid out give seniors the feeling that they are living independently and have their own space. It's a very homey environment.

liked this very much. Lovely staff.
people living there seemed friendly.
liked the grounds. not crazy about the area of town but it could work just fine.

Mom Loves it Here

My mother loves this community. Everything is working out very well, and I'am pleased with her move here. For the most part the community is well maintained, but I do not like the fact they allow the residents to smoke in the community. The staff is wonderful. They are very helpful, and positive. Overall all is well, and I would recommend this community. It is a nice facility.

A tour for care for family member

We toured this community for the care of my father. The staff was nice and friendly on our tour. We found the menu to be appealing and the good choice of activities would have been an offer to my father is he was wanting to participate with the other residents. We liked the that the community was clean. We would recommend other families to this community for the care for a loved one.

Not gonna work out!

The staff was not a good fit for mom. They just came and sat around and mom need help around the house not someone to sit around it with her. We only used them once.

I Did Not Like The Neighborhood

My tour here let me see a very nice place but I didn't like the neighborhood. It was too busy, too congested, and it was too far from me. Traffic is not good in that area and it would take me a long time to visit him. It was a good tour. The staff were very personable and they put their best foot forward. nothing was wrong with the place.

My Friend Is Doing Well

Everything is working well for my friend here at this community. This is lovely community with kind people. The community is nice and clean. Overall everything is working out very well. We are pleased.

I am happy with the care that my uncle receives here. It has been a good experience. The staff are friendly and helpful. My uncle said the food is pretty good and is satisfied. I am not sure if he is participating in activities but I believe they have some available.

Getting Adjusted

So far I'am doing well at this community. It is taking me some time to adjust, but I think with some time everything will work out fine. I do have a very nice apartment. They do a good job with keeping the community nice and well maintained. The staff is lovely, but they can be a bit pushy at times. They do offer activities and the food is okay. It is a nice facility with kind people.

Holiday Retirement

Thank you so much for your sharing your feedback with us! We are so happy to hear you are doing well here and enjoying your apartment -- we are very happy to have you here with! We also would like to thank you for the kind words about our staff and the other folk here -- we consider it an honor to serve you!

Awesome staff. Rick is very helpful and kind.

Review of Windlands South - Nashville, TN

Very nice environment but it is fully independent living and not a best fit for my father who is fully disabled.

don't know of anything that needs improving

I don't know of anything that needs improving at Windlands South. The staff do a really good job here. The three hot meals a day they provide are excellent. It's just been a really good experience at this facility.

Friendly, helpful staff

My loved one has only been here a short time, but so far I think they've done a good job at Windlands South! Any issues we've had since my loved one moved they have worked with us to get corrected quickly, and they're doing their best to help her get settled in and comfortable. The people here are all very friendly!

Seniors and smoke pollution

They will place a heavily
Smoking couple right next door to people with respiratory problems, without regard of the hardships this creates to the majority of renters. It's all for tha money! No consideration for the senior's health. Watch out and find out if they are truly smoke free!

Hi Eleanor,
I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's home office. Thank you for your sincere review. You are correct in the statement that we allow smoking in all of our communities. Since we provide independent living, not assisted living or memory care, we are no means associated with health care. Think of us as apartment buildings for seniors. However, I hear your concern and agree that American culture has undergone a major shift toward smoke-free environments. I've passed your review onto our Resident Relations department so they can follow up with Windlands South. If you have anything else to add, you're welcome to call them as well. Their number is [removed].

Katie

Newcomer's Point of View

I've been here just under a month. My biggest disappointment is that this not truly an independent facility. There are too many people here with care givers and others that just belong in assisted living. That defeats the purpose. Fees are a little higher than I expected. Housekeeping schedule is not consistent. Dining room service is sometimes very slow and I've heard complaints about amount of pasta on menu. Most staff is friendly. Do like the 3 meals being provided. It's hard to get to know people. I moved from out-of-state, which is not the case with most residents. Would help if nametags were provided. Activities are limited as almost all are within the 4 walls of the building. But, this is where I'll live for as long as I'm able as it is convenient to family.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. I'm sorry to hear you're having a negative experience at Windlands South. I'm happy to address your point regarding independent living and clarify: we are, in practice, an independent living community. However, if residents need extra care, and are willing to pay for home health at their own cost, we have no right to ask them to leave. For many, our communities are home, and a decline in one's health is most certainly not a cause for eviction.

As far as your concerns regarding the housekeeping schedule and meal service, I will gladly address them with our Resident Relations department. I agree that both services should be top-notch since they are included in your rent. Please know that you are always welcome to call our Resident Relations department as well at [removed].

Katie

staff is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. residents are pleasant, as well. grounds are well kept.

Highly recommended!

Brandon, Lisa and the staff are great people. They have gone the extra mile to understand our situation and take care of my father. Highly recommended!

Checking out of Windlands South

Coordination to place my father at Windlands South went smoothly. My father did not acclimate well so we removed him from the residence after three weeks. The BIG HEADS UP for all is you are charged for three months in addition to the deposit. The business is not concerned about your family issues, once you have departed; they only want their money. Coordination to finalize the bill was not handled well; as no one seemed to have the authority to finalize the financial transaction.

Mixing Independent living with Dementia.....

I have now lived here long enough to realize that it is not only important to have a friendly and expert staff, but also to keep your eyes open for other signs: who are the other people living in the same place, and who will be your neighbor. This seems to be a place were it matters only if the Co. gets paid, regardless of if needs get served. There are people here "dumped" by neglectful relatives (children and grandchildren included) who are happy with the price and figure that the old folks can just live somewhere independently, regardless of if they are capable to still conduct an independent lifestyle. The rest of us just have to put up with it! That means that if our wheelchair bound neighbor has a diaper that is changed only twice a day (morning and evening) we better hope she does not have a bad case of diarrhea....and if there is nobody that will cut the food or feed a person that cannot do this hopefully there is a compassionate neighbor that will double as a care-giver. I feel that the management should definitely not accept people that have handicaps, physical and mental alike, that should compel them to live in an extended care facility. But what about thee $$$$ ?
Check it out.....I sure would not recommend anyone to join me in my disappointment.

I was impressed with the friendliness of the staff. Unfortunately, 2 days before Christmas wasn't the best time to visit. Will want to go back to see the unit I'm interested in and the schedule of activities, but I am definitely interested in this being my new home.

They are doing a fabulous job.

They are doing a fabulous job. She says that it takes a while to get to the dining room. But we haven't had any complaints about the food or the people. It's a really nice place. From the moment we called them, they have been a five every step of the way.

Quiet, beautiful grounds, lots of activities

There are no care services because it is independent living.

I especially like the friendliness of the people, the cleanliness, and the activities.

I especially like the variety of activities. They take us shopping, movies, exercise class, dancing, cooking classes, knitting, puzzles,

I like that it's quiet and peaceful. They have beautiful grounds. Every apartment has a balcony. You're allowed to have pets.

They also have a beauty shop. You don't actually have to ever leave the building if you don't want to.

The food could be a little better. I'd like more southern cooking.

Windlands South Great PLace To Live

This is a great place for my mother. Would highly reccomend. Only negative is that there are only two elevators and they get crowded at meal times.Also waiting for the elevator can be really bad when one is not working which happened recently. Was down for over 1 week. But hey, most of these people have all the time in the world. Friendly staff and very clean and safe.

I was impressed with this c...

I was impressed with this community and the facilities. I would recommend this location to friends and family.

Happy place

Wonderful people, place apartments! My mom is very happy there. Making new friends, enjoying the company of others.

Pretty good with just a couple of complaints.

The food is not very good, it's really bland, and doesn't taste very good, the variety could be better. We liked that it was all inclusive with transportation and meals, and they have a 24/7 staff as well. I would like the staff to contact the family members first before the resident. Sometimes elderly people don't understand fully what is being said, and there can be miscommunication.

Windlands South has been a ...

Windlands South has been a terrific experience for my mother. Lots of friends and activities have really let her blossom into her old self!! We love Windlands - and we are always quick to recommend them as an option for friends who ask about Senior Living options. Between very good and fabulous, they are an economically sound choice with tremendous value to our loved one.

This is a GOOD Place!

This is NOT an Assisted Living Facility. It falls into the Independent Living category. However, it does offer 3 nice meals a day in the dining room, transportation, activities etc. It has been a wonderful place for my father in law, who is in his late 80s. He has been there 5 to 6 months now and we are all very pleased.

The staff is very friendly, very helpful. We would certainly recommend Windlands South.

Tour of Windlands South

On behalf of a friend who wanted to move to a senior independent community, I toured Windlands South. I found the staff members to be very friendly, helpful and informative. Overall, I was impressed with the cleanliness of the property - it appeared to be well-maintained inside and out. The areas for community gathering were very inviting both for the residents and visitors. I spoke to some of the residents and their comments were encouraging about their living environments and the overall staff. The residents I spoke with gave a sense of well-being and felt their needs were being met. From this visit and my observations, my friend took the tour and decided to become a resident. He is very content and happy in his new living environment and enjoying the ability to be mobile without having personal transportation.

Great Value

You have to rate them along too with what their cost is. They're relatively inexpensive compared to most places. For what you get it's a really good place. It's $1575 which includes utilities, all meals, cable and activities. They do light housekeeping once a week and there's laundry on every floor that you do yourself. They have BINGO, church on Sunday, singalongs, and different guests come in and out. There's ice cream socials and things that would be typical at most communities. It is an older community and it's not that they don't keep it clean, it's just older. The apartment itself is OK, but in the hallways are a little dirty - there are animals going in and out. There's a big German shepherd that rides up and down the the elevators! It's a regular apartment with a living room, bedroom, and kitchen, so there's plenty of room for an animal. The staff is always very helpful.

This location turned out to...

This location turned out to be the ideal location. I completed the site visit; Brandon Parker was very helpful and friendly; the staff that I met were very friendly and the property is exceptionally clean and well-maintained. The residents seem to thrive in their community. We decided this is the place and she will be a resident at Windlands South by the end of December 2013. Mary Stribling, thank you so much for your assistance.

Home Sweet Home!!

This is a great place! It is like living in a hotel with all your own things. The amenities are fabulous and the residents are friendly. The staff is not bad either. The food is prepared by a chef not a cook and you have choices if you do not want the regular lunch and supper. With housekeeping once a week, including fresh sheets put on your bed and towels provided, it is well worth the price. Just mention my name, Wanda Cost. See you here!

Real possibility, surprisin...

Real possibility, surprisingly affordable value. Large units in a high rise tower with beautiful views of the park and long distance view of the airport and downtown Nashville. He has 2 1 bedroom units vacant now if we get back to him quickly he would hold the price, $1450 or $1550, usually $1695. The 1 bedroom units are 607-900 square feet all have balconies and full kitchens. They are in the process of updating kitchen counters to marble/ granite. Choose your paint colors and they paint before you move in. 3 meals a day, snacks all day. All utilities including 100 cable channels. Beauty salon, movie theatre, billiard room, served dining room, full activities. Weekly housekeeping. Laundry facilities free, extra cost. Phone not provided. Month to month, owned by holiday retirement 300 facilities with free accommodations in sister properties, 7 days at a time. Free transportation, standard routes but can make other arrangements in advance. Full assisted living services available at extra cost through a variety of vendors. Nurse practitioner and OT /PT on site, insurance or extra fee. 25-30 minute drive from me, but not a bad drive. Has a tub they convert to handicap access at no charge. Prettier than this picture looks, in a residential area. If you don't feel like coming to the dining room, will deliver food to the apartment for free. Live in management staff, eat with the residents. Available 24 hours per day.

$2850 is too expensive with...

$2850 is too expensive without VA or Choices assistance. I'm not big on tall buildings.

Great Community

It is a really nice community that is very clean and well maintained. The overall service was excellent and the staff follows up. We were given a quote of $1450 a month which is a really good deal for all the services they offer. The food seems to be really good. The staff has been really patient with our loved one even when they are giving the staff a hard time. Our family members were able to stay overnight with our loved one and they did not charge them for it. We are very pleased with Windlands South and would recommend them to anyone.

I was very impressed with t...

I was very impressed with the Windlands. All of the people I spoke to were extremely nice. I am still looking but leaning towards to the Windlands.

Wonderful!

The people were absolutely wonderful! The price for what you get is wonderful! I thought the place and facility was just great.

Great visit. Seems like a great plac...

Great visit. Seems like a great place. Director was very helpful and patient with all our questions.

Not a great area. Crafts room. Salon....

Not a great area. Crafts room. Salon. Utilities incl.

Too expensive when you add in the cos...

Too expensive when you add in the cost of getting the care she needs

Conveniently located just minutes from downtown Nashville, you’ll love all the hospitality and friendliness Windlands South offers. Enjoy our warm summers, mild winters and all the colors of the seasons just outside your door.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind