White Pine Senior Living - Cottage Grove I - Cottage Grove, MN

Exceptional staff

There is a new house manager and RN who do exceptional work with all of the residents. Mom is well-taken care of and the staff is caring and kind-they know what they're doing. I'm glad we chose White Pine because it is clean and cozy and not too far from home. The activities are great-mom loves music and Bingo which they have every week! The food is good, but sometimes mom wishes to eat in her room with the food I provide her. Our family loves White Pine because mom is doing well there. Thank you!

[removed] and I thank everyone at White Pine for giving our mom a good place to recuperate from her hip fracture until she could return home. We appreciated the use of the bed, table and bedside table also. We felt mom was well taken care as much as we could ask for. Thank you to everyone who helped her.

Very clean actually spotless - friendly staff, cheery atmosphere - lots of activities.

Great Assisted Manger

My mother is doing very well at this community and they are caring for her very well. The community is very nice looking and everything is nice and clean. The staff is great, they are very helpful and kind. She likes the food and seems to have adjusted well to the community. The assisted manger was very helpful, and they have doctors that come and see her. It has been nice experience and I would recommend it.

So far everything is going good!

So far so good everything has been going great. Friendliness and cleanliness were great! Overall satisfied.

Very Short Staffed..,

White Pine has had a lot of employee turnover and has not changed with the needs of the aging community there. They run very, very short staffed, especially on weekends. The aides themselves are very caring but are put to the test if one thing goes wrong on weekends. It is hard to move someone after living there a long time because they cannot keep up with the progression of aging that will happen with your loved one and that is not what we were told many years ago when we moved in. The food is tasty, but they do use a lot of pasta, tomato sauce and ground meat, which is not always good for older people. Rules change and caregiver is not always told about it.

Really liked this facilities. My concerns were that while the base cost is less than others, the additional cost seem a little high. Also, as her health detoriates she would be moved to the memory care building, and the price tag is quite high, approx. $6200 per month. This being said, this place is not ruled out.

Until a few months ago I would have agreed with the previous assessments. The facility has been sold, however, and has new in -house management and RN. Staff has been reduced and with it timely housekeeping and the dispensing of medication. The staff remains remarkably friendly and try very hard, but they are stretched too thin.My parent loves the social activities and the food is good.

Awesome experience at White Pine.

After 3 suggested facilities we chose White Pine primarily because of it's location, but also because of the friendly, professional staff. Mom loved her apartment, the food, the staff, and the other residents. Unfortunately, very shortly after moving in, her health deteriorated suddenly and quickly. We chose to keep her in the Assissted Living area, not wishing to move her again. The staff worked with us, changing her plan of care at least weekly. They helped and supported us so much, and became like family to us. And they always treated Mom with kindness and respect, affording her as much dignity as possible. They also worked so well with the Hospice Team assigned to Mom; it really felt like we had a team supporting us. In less than three months, Mom passed away. But we believe the end of her life was the best it could be, especially because of the care she received at White Pine.

Wonderful staff!

My father was in memory care for just under a year. The staff, from the house manager, to the chef, to the nurses, and especially the immediate caregivers, all treated my father and our family with the utmost care and respect. We never encountered or observed any staff that was less than professional. In fact, we were happy to observe the staff being kind and helpful and even giving hugs or holding hands with the residents.

The staff worked with amazing dedication in providing services to my father during the last week of his life. They worked so well with hospice care. The staff's attention to my father's needs during the last week of his life was exceptional. We are forever grateful.

Exceptional facility and staff. Highly recommended.

The experience my family had at White Pine, Cottage Grove, was exceptional. My parents were the first residents to move in after the building opened. My father lived in the facility for five years before he passed away; my mother was there for three years before her death. It was very comforting to know that they were in a safe and caring environment, tended to by a team of people who worked together to meet my parents' emotional and physical needs. All the staff (care givers, house manager, RN, and LPN) routinely went beyond what was required to assist my parents. I appreciated the way they were attuned to the changing needs of not just my parents, but all their residents and how they implemented creative solutions to make situations easier. I was also thankful for the ongoing and open communication we shared. I felt that we were partners in providing care for my parents and that I wasn't alone in advocating for them when dealing with doctors and clinics. The highest compliment I can give is that the staff treated my parents as if they were their own loved ones.

I highly recommed White Pine to everyone.

The staff was very nice, kind, helpful, and considerate of all the residents. The room was very nice and housekeeping kept it clean. They always had alot of activities for the residents to do and keep busy. The meals were very tasteful and had a good variety of foods. My father really enjoyed his stay.

Seemed more like a nursing ...

Seemed more like a nursing home and my Mom doesn't need that at this time.

Great tour of beautiful fac...

Great tour of beautiful facility.

Top of the Line!

When we went to visit the people were wonderful. “Cottage Grove” is top of the line and exceeded all of our expectations. Plus the location is really good and close to home.