• Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs
  • Weekly Houskeeping
  • Safety Checks

The care for my husband is the best I have ever seen. He had a very lead staff and was perfect, they handled everything calling help for me, arranging all needs, and I have never been in a place with better care, kinder staff. They are not only our home but also like family who really care.

Mother Is Much Better

My mother is doing much better since her move here. Everything has worked out very well. The staff is great, they are treating her very good. She stays very busy with all the activities they offer. She has gone to Wednesday Mass at church and some music activities. She is very pleased with food. Overall everything is working out very well. I would highly recommend it.

Oak Ridge Assisted Living - Hastings

I enjoy living at Oakridge Assisted Living. I originally live at Oak Ridge Manor but had to move because of my health and am glad for assisted living.

Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your comments! We are always happy to have residents transition from the Manor to assisted living when there is an increased need for health care services.

Oak Ridge Review

The commons areas are kept very clean. Nice wide hallways. The staff are good at there jobs. Some of the aids are not good. I need to complain to get someone to clean my dad's bathroom and make his bed. When they do make the bed it is not made well. I get complaints because my dad gets his medication from the VA and it takes them a little extra time and work to put them up because they are not in blister pack. Sorry, I will not pay more for his medication because you don't want to do a little extra work.

For the most part it is a nice home for dad. The staff is friendly and the food is good. It would be nice if they would offer transportation for the residence, like every other Assisted Living facility, but I guess that is one of the ways they can hold cost down. Oak Ridge is less expensive than other assisted living facilities in the area.

Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our community. At Oak Ridge Assisted Living, we take pride in the high quality of care we give to our residents, so I do apologize for your experience. I would also like to comment on some of your points.
As part of the basic services that we offer to our residents, they enjoy weekly housekeeping, laundry service and linen changes. With the increase in cares for some of our residents, we noticed a need to add a housekeeping position that would be focused only on this instead of having the aides complete this task. This position was created at the end of April and it has been very successful!
As part of our medication policy, residents can choose the pharmacy that they order from; however, for the safety of our residents, we do require that medications come in a blister pack. The only exception that we make is for those medications that come from the VA, because we understand it is part of the veteran’s benefits and it is a cost savings.
As I mentioned before, we strive to give the best quality of care to our residents in a dignified and compassionate manner. We are also always looking for ways to improve the resident/family experience in our community. Please let us know if there is anything else that is a concern for you!

Facilities were nice and clean, but rooms were very small, and not a lot of activities for residents other than bingo. Not much offered for outside activities like attending a play, of maybe a movie outing, etc. no transportation provided, other than arranging maybe a cab or darts. Other places have their own little bus.

Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback on Oak Ridge Assisted Living! We know the value and importance of offering life enrichment activities to our residents, so we have a wide range of programs available for them to participate in. We offer worship services, exercise classes, educational programs, therapy dogs, crafts, birthday parties, happy hours, musical events, cards and games (yes, bingo is played), bonfires, and seasonal celebrations. We also have had outings to see the Christmas lights, visit a nature center and pioneer village, and we will be doing a fall color tour this October. For a full look at what is happening each month, there are activity calendars posted on each floor and at the front desk.
Not having our own transportation can be a challenge, but we have found ways to work around that, and we always strive to make sure our residents are living productive and fulfilling lives!

Beautiful facility with nice accommodations and great location. The biggest drawback is that there are a lot of extra fees. For example, your monthly rate only includes 2 loads of laundry per week. If you require more it is $10 more per load. Or if you need an additional bath per week, nursing services, companion services, extra housekeeping, Etc. are all extra each month.

Marketing Specialist

Hello and thank you for your comments on Oak Ridge. We are glad that we are able to provide an environment for our residents that is beautiful and homey, and is also in a great location. We offer the convenience of all-inclusive pricing, so that costs are easy to understand and keep under control. Many services that we provide come under the umbrella of the level of care that each resident is assessed at, so residents won't see a charge for each individual service. We have a few ala carte items, so if residents need more assistance over their level of care, we can add it.

There’s something special about our family at Oak Ridge Assisted Living. It’s the sense of security that comes from a caring community. Opened in 2002, Oak Ridge is nestled near parks, shopping, and churches in the historic river town of Hastings. Oak Ridge is a safe and affordable residential community that provides care options available 24 hours a day to seniors in need of supportive living. We offer all-inclusive care packages with the ability to add select ala carte items, so that costs are controlled.

With both Assisted Living and Memory Care, families can feel reassured knowing that loved ones have options of various care levels. Our Assisted Living program promotes independence with reassurance by providing customized care choices. Our secured “Garden View Neighborhood” offers a distinct Memory Care program for people with memory loss and confusion.