Westminster - Greenville, SC

great location, fantastic facility

Residents appeared to be engaged and happy; seems like a great community for those that are independent; was waiting for a quote for care but the person never came back

A Good Pick

So far, so good for our experience with the community. My mom's care is going well and the staff are doing good with her too.

My Mother is Happy At This Community

This is a great community, and my mother is doing very well since her move here. She has adjusted very well to it, and everything is working out very well. We are comfortable with her move to this community. We know she is safe, and in a good community. Overall if mom is happy, everyone is happy. All is well for my mother at this community.

Great Community

This is a lovely community, and we were very pleased with all they did for us. My brother in law was adjusting very well to it. He met a few new friends, and was really enjoying his time here. I even told my husband I would like to move here when I get older, it is a very nice place. We are hoping once he gets better he can return to this community.

Wonderful Food

It took a little while for my brother in law to adjust to the move about a week or so, but he is doing fine. The staff is very helpful and nice I've no problems with them. I've gone to eat lunch with him a few times and the food there is just wonderful. It was difficult at first but things are getting better.

I have really been impressed by the people

I have really been impressed by the people, they have been great so far. The food is okay, it's not terrible, but not the best you ever had either. This was hands down my first choice of the places I toured.

Staff goes above and beyond to help

The staff here is so nice and accommodating. They are willing to go above and beyond to help us. Another thing that stands out is the place is always so spotless. They do a great job here. Communication is great. The food is also pretty good.

Very nice place, friendly people!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Westminster! It's a really friendly community, everyone treats everyone very well! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they've got a lot of amenities to offer the residents. It's a great fit for my loved ones who weren't quite ready for assisted living. It's an independent living setting, but they still have pull cords for emergencies. The rooms are a nice size for the price, as well. I would recommend them to anyone looking into senior living in the area!

Toured

I toured Westminster, and overall I thought it seemed like a very nice place. It seemed to have a good variety of activities I thought my loved one would enjoy. However, at the time of our tour they did not have availability for the type of rooms we were interested in.

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community while looking into senior living for a loved one. I thought Westminster looked like a very nice place overall, and it was probably my top pick out of the places we toured. The staff was friendly and professional, and the facility was well kept and clean.

Needs More Physical Activities

Would like to see facility offer more physical activity for dementia. Overall do a good job in the area they are in and very pleased with .

Westminster--It's working for us!

The best thing about Westminster is the staff. They are GENUINELY kind, concerned, and caring. I was a little anxious because this facility is not the type where medical supervision is routinely provided and I worried whether anyone would know if my mother wasn't eating or coming out of her room regularly. I don't live in the same town and could not check on her on a daily basis. No worries! They really do pay attention. Every single staff person knows my mom by name and if they don't see her during the day, someone is right up there knocking on her door. Anything that has needed "fixing" has been immediately seen to. Also, the Life Enrichment person (activities coordinator) is amazing. She has keyed right in on what my mom likes and needs to make her feel engaged and valued as a person again. I can't believe the positive change in my mom just in the 8 weeks she has been there. I can have peace of mind because I know the people on site are doing a great job.

As for the facility itself, it's a wee bit worn in places from use and a bit dated in decor, but it is kept immaculately clean. It's pleasant and light. It has plenty of designated spaces for resident activities. The food is consistently good.
All in all, our mother is happy and so are we.

Very nice!

I think people should know that this is an independent living community, but that the staff is very concerned about residents. They do everything to try to bring my mother out and get her to participate. My mom is somewhat reclusive, but they do their best to bring her out and get her involved. Their concern level is much more than I’d expect in an independent living community. They do three meals a day. I’ve eaten there once, and it was well balanced, for that age group. They do bed linen and towels once a week. The only time I’ve ever had trouble finding parking was this last Sunday, but they had some special event going on. I feel very comfortable with my mother there – there is a manager who stays there 24 hours a day. I feel real good about that. If something were to happen – she could get assistance if she needed it. It’s bright and cheerful and the residents all seem to be in the same health strata.

Very nice place and pleasan...

Very nice place and pleasant staff. Had shown up just after they'd had some damage from the freeze, so the place wasn't at her best.

Nice place, could use better upkeep

This is a nice enough looking place, it is very attractive from the outside, and the staff were all very friendly. However, once you are inside there are a lot of things that could use some upkeep or renovations. The carpet is old, and I noticed leaks in places. It is also more than one floor, which can be difficult to navigate if your loved one has mobility issues.

Lovely surroundings and staff

The tour and explanation of services offered were very impressive. Lunch was delightful. Others living there and their families were very pleased with the place. We decided to have my dad try living there. Unfortunately, due to his personality, it is an up hill struggle getting him settled. Not sure if he will stay but I would gladly live there!

Seemed like a more active, social community

It's very clean there, my mother could participate in stuff but she does not choose to participate in a lot of stuff, I'm trying to coax her into doing more. There are things she would like to do and I'm sure when they see her they encourage her, but I don't think they come up and knock on her door and tell her to come down but I don't think that would make a difference. I think they do a pretty good job, the only improvement is the lady that cleans my mother's room, I don't think she does that great of a job, it's not the worst, but it's not that great.
I really liked the vibe of this place, when you went into the dining room, everyone was talking to each other, it seemed younger and the people seemed to be able to take care of themselves a little better.

Some billing issues, but good now

They have bingo and music and she likes those very much. The price seems a little high but doing comparisons I think it's right in the middle. I had some issues with billing and get the charges right at first, they seemed to have some issues holding that together. I finally had to talk to somebody at their corporate office to get that resolved but she's done very well there.

Takes time to transition

It's kinda hard to rate them because when you rate something you usually have something to compare to, and I don't like to give anybody the highest rating. The staff to me and I'm sure they're the same to my mother, are really friendly. They're encouraging her to participate but she doesn't do them all. I know they're really trying to draw her in, what I hear from her is the food. I don't think it's that bad but she just says that it's not that good. In my mind, anyone who took the change she did and went into a facility like this, it takes time to get acclimated and that period is key. She's getting more acclimated, I think she thinks she's going back to her home, she doesn't comprhend all that but the time is going by and she doesn't realize it.

Very friendly. One bedroom ...

Very friendly. One bedroom available, nice layout.

Liked Westminster the best-the people...

Liked Westminster the best-the people contacts were very nice and friendly.

Very helpful!! Would start with them ...

Very helpful!! Would start with them first too when we begin our search!

Tom loved it. He's moving in!

Tom loved it. He's moving in!

Nestled within the Appalachian foothills in the peaceful town of Greenville, you’ll love our community’s friendly, small-town feel and big-city conveniences. We’re just minutes from great restaurants, shopping and medical facilities.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind