West Hills Village Senior Residence - Portland, OR

Welcome to West Hills, the premier senior living center in southwest Portland. Hidden away from the bustle of the city and surrounded by lush trees, gardens and flowers, you’ll find a haven here for living the good life. A beautiful environment, compassionate staff, wonderful friends and a graceful lifestyle all combine to make our complex the perfect place for aging in place.

Our responsibility to each resident goes beyond simply providing quality medical care—it means serving each individual with respect and compassion. At West Hills, we work diligently to enhance the physical, emotional, social and spiritual well-being of every individual. No wonder we are known as the community where the quality of care matches the quality of caring.

I liked this place when we had the tour. I thought they were a good community. Afterward, the choice came down to my mom. It was based on how they interacted with her. It would have been a good pick and I saw nothing jarring. It just wasn't the right fit for her.

Hello,
Thank you very much for your feedback! It is our goal to provide a welcoming environment and the highest quality service for our residents, families, guests and team members. Best wishes to you and your mom!
Take care, Lindsay Schroeder, Executive Director

Respite Care

Generally our experience with Sean Proper, community Relatiosn Director, at West Hills was very positive. The facility was neat an clean, food looked good and it did not have that hospital smell on the residential side. My only complaint is that the financial terms were not as clear as they could have been. We were quoted $200 per day for 10 days. Normally they do not take folks for respite care for less than two weeks and they worked with us on the shorter time which we appreciated. The actual cost was a $500 deposit on the the credit card and then $200 per day for 10 days so $2500 not $2000. We picked up our mama on a Sunday and so did not get a report on how the 10 days went and to my knowledge still do not have that information. Our mama said it was nice and people were kind. She is 97 years old and does not have a good memory so it is hard to accurately judge exactly how the visit went from both perspectoves.

Hello Kip,
Thank you for taking the time to review West Hills Village. We’re so pleased to hear your mother enjoyed her stay. My sincere apologies for the respite deposit not being clear. All respite stays (no matter the length of time) are subject to the $500 deposit. As your mom’s care goes, there is no official report given at the time when the resident leaves. With that said, I’d encourage you to reach out to our Nursing Department here at West Hills Village to get specific information on how things went during your mom’s stay. If you have any additional questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.
Sincerely, Sean Proper, Marketing Director

Very satisfied!

West Hills by far was the best combination of customer service, friendly staff & amazing food. Senior living is just like anything else, you get what you pay for. There are likely lesser expensive options out there but in doing my research for my mom, West Hills was far & away the best choice for her. Highly recommended!

Hello Shane,
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback! Our mission is to provide your mom with the highest level of services and a welcoming environment.
Sincerely, Sean Proper, Director of Marketing

They Were Great

I took a tour of this community and I was a nice place to see. The people and staff were nice too. It was a bigger community and after walking around I felt my uncle could get lost getting from place to place. The staff were great and informative during my tour. I did not choose this community because they could not accommodate to his special liquid diet. Overall this community was fine.

My Tour Went Good

This community is a lovely, happy place. The residents all seem good and the staff were so welcoming. My tour guide answered my many questions and showed me everything in the community. My mom was offered to come back for a complimentary meal to see if she would enjoy the food. We did not get the chance to use the invitation but overall I felt like this community gave me a great tour.

The Food is Amazing!

I wanted to thank the wait staff for providing such a wonderful dining experience during my lunch yesterday. They were all very attentive, didn't have to wait for anything long and they were very eager to please.

I ordered the Grilled Salmon Cesar Salad and my friend ordered the Grilled Chicken Chinese Salad which were both very good. My salmon was grilled perfectly and was very flavorful -- a rather large portion I was surprised to see.

This was not first time at this restaurant and it continues to not disappoint. I understand they are adding fresh green super smoothies to the menu and I will be back to try these!

Quality of living experience.

We moved our mother from West Hills due to the large increase in the cost and because the assistance level is extremely poor. When she was in need of assistance and rang her bell, it would take up to 25 minutes for someone to respond. In the event of an emergency, this is way too long a response time for elderly residents. The food quality dropped from the date she moved in to a point that, when she left, the food was almost inedible. There is not enough dining room help also. The wait time was sometimes 45 minutes. I experienced this myself when I visited. The new administrator is the least friendly person I have ever encountered. Sean was wonderful and always interested in what people were Saying the new Administrator seems completely indifferent to residents and their families. It is a shame that this facility's quality of care dropped so drastically in the time my mother lived there. We felt we had no choice but to move her from West Hills.

Community Representative

I am very sorry to hear of this. I sincerely apologize for any experience that was less than satisfactory. It is our mission to provide our residents and their families with the highest quality of care and services. I truly wish we had been able to address your concerns sooner. I would like to learn more about the details of the situation. Please feel welcome to call me at the direct community phone number. Your feedback will help us in meeting our service excellence standards. Sincerely, Lindsay Schroeder, Executive Director

Community Outreach

The community is strongly tied together and active In peoples life. Very positive atmosphere.

Community Representative

Thank you for sharing this feedback about our community! We care deeply about all of our residents and their well-being.

Sincerely, Lindsay Schroeder, Executive Director

Nice community

West Hills is a very nice community. The first thing that strikes you when you walk in is the homey atmosphere. The staff is very pleasant and caring. The other residents here also seem happy and well taken care of.

Community Representative

Thank you very much for your positive feedback! It is our goal to provide a welcoming environment and the best service for our residents, families, guests and team members. We appreciate your kind words.

Sincerely, Lindsay Schroeder, Executive Director

We were here for rehab, they did a great job with the care.

We were here for rehab, they did a great job with the care. She really liked the exercise they did on a daily basis. We were pretty pleased with them.

A Pleasant Time

I think that their community outreach to the families is really, really good. I don't have a lot of experience, but when I did tour the facility felt very friendly and homey and welcoming. I don't know what they could improve on, it was a pleasant time while she was there.

Happily Recommend!

The facility was refreshing, clean, and bright. The residents that I saw looked happy and upbeat. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. They are very attentive, and they have plenty of good activities. The food is just great. It's a clean, well kept, nice looking community, and the staff have all been very friendly and professional.

Very Attentive Staff

It's clean, and the staff is great. They are very attentive, and they have plenty of good activities. The food is just great. It's a clean, well kept, nice looking community, and the staff have all been very friendly and professional.

This place is great! We love it here.

This place is great! We love it here. It's clean, and the staff is great. They are very attentive, and they have plenty of good activities. The food is amazing! It's just great. We looked at eight different places and we thought this would be dark, but it's not and it's wonderful!

Very friendly staff!

We've had a great experience with West Hills Village overall! It's a clean, well kept, nice looking community, and the staff have all been very friendly and professional. The executive staff does a great job of listening and making themselves accessible. They are always out and visible in the community, and respond to any questions or problems quickly. The caregivers and aides are all very friendly and caring, as well.

Very Fancy

It was a little too fancy for my dad's needs. They had a real fancy living room and eating area and my dad is pretty much in bed. The lady there had such a strong accent that I could tell it would be difficult for her to communicate with my father. It was a nice place - I think they would rate pretty high.

Liked the many opportunities for resi...

Liked the many opportunities for residents, and the kinds of rooms available (in regards to size, view, privacy etc). Impressed but somewhat cautious about the last survey results. Will consider proceeding with them.