Avamere at Park Place- Portland, OR

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and we had an appointment and that lady didn't show up. So they had some nice gal give us a tour. She answered all of my questions. There was only 1 elevator for a 3 story building. When we went down this one hallway there was an overwhelming smell of urine and It just wasn't a good fit for my sister.

Staff Goes Above and Beyond

Our experience with Brookdale Park Place has been great so far. The staff is so helpful and accommodating. They went above and beyond to help us with the entire move-in process. I love that the community is clean and pretty small. I have found that the smaller places seem to offer more personalized care. They have a lot of activities to keep every one busy such as ice cream socials, game and movie nights, and outings. I definitely love that this community is about a mile away from me, so I'm able to visit often. Brookdale Park Place has certainly been a blessing.

A tour with options

We toured this community for the care for my mom. We did like the staff who were attentive and able to assist us with the questions that we had. The dining area was very dark and my mom was not comfortable. We were able to have a meal and it was good. This is a nice community and we would recommend that families tour the community for the care of a loved one.

Another Options For Us

At the time it was not a good fit for my loved one. I thought this community was too big to get any stimulation. I also believed they did not offer 24 hour care. It was not the right fit at the time I was touring.

They help me out!

So far, it is working out. Most of the personnel are very responsive and helpful. The food is marginal and edible. They don't come in and clean my apartment like they told me they would. Other than that, it has been a pleasant stay.

My brother's best care!

The care at this community. I like the staff and they are taking good care of my brother and that makes me very happy. The community is clean and always is nice to enjoy. My brother does like the menu and the large variety. The community has activities and he is liking that he is able to walk out doors with other residents .I would highly recommend this for the excellent price and care for other families.

A bit run down, somewhat dirty, halls had an odor, no carpet in rooms. Of the few employees I saw they did not seem friendly.

Great Experience!!

The tour at this community was very well kept and the housekeeping team has done amazing job at maintaining the main lobby and the bedrooms. The staff was very friendly during our tour the facility was just a to much of an independent living retirement home.

Very friendly staff

The thing I like the most is the friendliness of the staff. I like the comfort level they provide. They are very friendly.

Not suitable- this one looks like it's 100% Medicaid. Many of the residents are on motorized wheelchairs, and look like Vietnam vets. Small, Small rooms. only one closet. Very old building. Shabby. Not good for my 91 year old mother.

Good Food

My dad says the food is great. There has always been enough parking. The best feature of the community is what a good value it is for the money. They have a nice little pond in the back. One area for improvement might be the overall cleanliness.

Nice place more assisted li...

Nice place more assisted living then I'd like.

Near Washington Square off of Hall Bl...

Near Washington Square off of Hall Blvd. Across from Metzger Park with good walking paths. Felt lonlier than the others.