Highland Terrace at Midtown - Memphis, TN

Bright and clean. Very nice people!

You really get your money's worth here

My brother is here currently and he loves it. He’s very happy so our family is very happy. The staff has been very easy to communicate with and they’re very patient with him. I’ve been able to eat one meal with him since he’s been there. The food wasn’t too bad and he really looks forward to all of the meals. I think they try new things all the time so there are a lot of options to choose from. The ladies in the dining room really take care of him. The price he pays per month includes 2 meals per day and housekeeping. You can get a third meal but it’s additional. However, the apartments come with full sized kitchens so you can make your own meals too, if you’d like. The facility is kept clean and it’s excellent. Housekeeping comes by once a week to change his sheets, vacuum and clean the floors, and wipe down the kitchen. Anytime I’ve been to visit, it hasn’t looked disheveled at all. Overall, I really feel like we’re getting our money’s worth and I would recommend them.

A visit

This community did not have a ground floor apartment available. This community does seem to offer a lot of nice amenities and activities. The people I met were friendly and helpful.

They Are Very Nice Looking

I love it and I am doing well. I like the staff and the community is a nicer place. It is for me and I made a wise decision to move here. However, the cable does not have good service. It is free so I tolerate it.

All in All, They Are Very Good

My mother-in-law loves the community and her experience is going well. I go to see her often and I get to talk to the staff, they are nice and helpful. It is a nice place that is clean. However it is an older building and all the apartments have not been renovated yet. The one she moved into was renovated for her. The kitchen is beautiful with hard counter tops and stainless steel appliances. The bathroom also looks more nice. The lobby is really pretty after they updated it too.

Very impressed

Our family selected Highland Terrace as the new home for our Uncle. We were very impressed from the very first visit with the warmth and professionalism shown to us. [Removed] the Manager and Activities Director along with the cafeteria and maintenance staff and everyone else we met have been wonderful. We would recommend Highland Terrace as a wonderful place to live. In fact my husband and I were so impressed we said if we were to sell our home we would consider this as our new home.

The staff are wonderful

The staff have been very helpful, friendly and caring. The staff is one of the main reasons we chose this community. They offer daily activities, however my parents do think the food could be better. The community is well taken care of. I would recommend this community.

I love living here

I have lived here for more than 10 years and I feel this is the best staff we have ever had. The new staff started coming in Feb. of 2016. I love that I have a washer and dryer in my apartment and don't have to share it with others. The apartment is so large. I enjoy the convenience of the wonderful on-site beauty shop. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. This is my home.

my experience

I have been here for 3 years and I have enjoyed very much being in this community. There are 4 things I really enjoy here. I love the location, having a washer and dryer in my apartment, the size of my apartment and the 3 meals a day in our dining room. In addition the staff has been very pleasant and helpful.

Good Retirement Community

My tour of this community was a good one. The staff was nice and friendly. They were also informative. Unfortunately they do not provide the level of caring my mother needed. If I would had moved her here, I would had been paying out of pocket for extra care. This is a nice community for the right person. It just wasn't the place for us.

A lovely place to live

My mother has lived here for 10 years and has many friends, including the staff. Yes, they have changed ownership, and although change is sometimes difficult for the elderly, I have noticed they have gone out of their way to make lovely changes in decor, and amenities. They are redecorating, added lovely new patio furniture, added a coffee bar in the lobby, a continental breakfast in the dining room, and have hired a wonderful, bubbly, enthusiastic activities director. Although not advertised as such, this is still a retirement community as there are no residents under 60 as far as I know. I highly recommend this community to anyone who would like to join this closely knit "family."

NO LONGER WESLEY HIGHLAND TOWERS

this place IS NO longer for the elderly. It is NO LONGER wesley Highland Terrace. Its owned by a shady company named ledic LLc. these people at ledic are doing all they can to make people move out of this place. They want to rent to younger people and this building is simply a regular overpriced apt building now. If you look them up online you will see that they have a very low rating in all areas.

The lobby is always wet and slick, the elevators don't work, the food is cheap and gross, the kitchen staff are like something out of One Flew Over The Cookoos nest. There are absolutely NO ACTIVITIES, NO TRANSPORTATION, nothing pertaining to elder care any more in this dark place.
STAY away.

When we toured here, I really liked it.

When we toured here, I really liked it. It was nice. They didn't offer all the services we were looking for though. My parents also didn't like the idea of being in a high rise building.

Good price, more room.

Good place to live. The people are friendly and take care of problems. The food service could use some work though. Love my space.

The best kept secret in Memphis!!

The only complaint I have is the absence of hd TV channels!! And I don't complain because the cable we do get is generous and free!!
Thanks to A place for Mom for guiding us here . We think this is the best kept secret in Memphis. Our transition was seamless and we feel like home here .
They don't charge extra for couples the food is good and they even love our dog. You apartment is spacious and the staff is top notch.

I love these people

I don't eat in the dining room anymore, I just cook for myself now. I got tired of eating the chicken fingers and grilled cheese. The only problem I have is with the dining room. Everything else is great. They have a gym downstairs. I love these people, they have absolutely made me feel welcomed.

This community was not one of my favorites, which means my mom would probably like it! Lol. Although the staff was beyond nice, I just didn't get that "this is the place for mom" feeling. If she wanted to walk around outside, there really wasn't any place for her to walk...besides around the parking lot. The outdoor patio area was very small.

Love the people that work at WHT

The staff at WHT are devoted to their renters.

caring people

all the staff here at Wesley highland terrance are great caring people who will help you in any way they can,and the food is great.

in finding

if you need help finding a place for your loved ones this is the place.jill has been a great help.thank you so much.

A good place to. reside.

My mother has been in the Wesley system over two years. The facilities are kept clean and well maintained. Security is a high priority. Best of all is the people of the staff. They are always friendly and go above and beyond the call of duty to assist. If you're thinking of Wesley Highland Terrace, please visit as you will come away favorably impressed.

My Cousin Stan

I'm afraid my rating is a repetitive 5 stars across the board. My relationship with Wesley Highland Terrace and, more to the point, the management and employees of Wesley has been nothing short of magnificent. I don't know if our situation is unique, but, certainly we have some unique elements. My cousin Stan Bronson lived on his own for most of his 80 some odd years. He is handicapped, yet extraordinary. My family and I have managed his living arrangements with the most important intent of keeping him close to the University of Memphis where he has set some endurance records registered in the Guinness Book of World Records. As he grew older and began to require a bit more assistance, we came to Wesley. He has had the most kind, capable and judicious attention we could have prayed for and is still close enough to U/M to keep him smiling.

Best place for me at this time in my ...

Best place for me at this time in my life. Manager and maintenance staff very competent.

Great community!

I come into the community quite freqently and feel like it is a wonderful place to live. The staff make you feel like you are their own family. The food is really good and there are always so many things going on and available, as far as activities.

Toured

My wife and I have been looking for a place for my father. We toured Wesley Highland Terrace and loved the large apartments. The washer and dryers in the apartment makes it
great. My father is in hospital now but Wesley is first on our list.

Great place to live

I moved my aunt into Wesley Highland Terrace about 10 yrs ago. When she started getting to the point that she was forgetting to take her med I was consernd about her well being. Pearl took me and told me that she could help me get someone in to give med reminders. MY aunt passaway this past year. Pearl was very understanding and made easy for me when it came time to remove my aunts things. In the 10 yrs my anut was there she loved it. The staff at Wesley took very good care of her and made sure she was happy. I could not have picked a better place. I would recomend them to anyone.

Tour

Loved the property. Everyone was very nice and the apartments are very nice and large. They have updated most all of them. Lots of things to do and I love the food.

good size apartments. residents seem...

good size apartments. residents seem happy. looked at 1 and 2 br. negative for Kitchen closed early on weekend - residents get to-go meals at lunch and heat up dinner in their apartments.

I enjoyed the tour here and everyone ...

I enjoyed the tour here and everyone was really nice. They gave me alot of information to look over and things to consider when making a choice. The rooms were very spacious and it looks like he could be happy here. Right now I may be in the market for rehab/nursing home until he is able to stand on his own.

condo style requested info. looks lik...

condo style requested info. looks like nice location Includes housekeeping change of linens and has company caregivers when needed washer and dryer in unit it's a highrise with vehicle parking but also free scheduled transportation for shopping events and church. St. Francis and Baptist East with Women's Center and VA Hospital nearby and for us the Millington Naval Base they have a beauty shop and a banking office once a week on site.

Really like the Apts.. The Asst'd Liv...

Really like the Apts.. The Asst'd Living looks wonderful..

Really enjoyed this property. Great l...

Really enjoyed this property. Great location and amenities for the monthly rate.

If you are tired of spending your retirement working around the house and ready to live a little,then the Terrace is right for you. Here you can come and go as you please enjoying all that the Terrace and Memphis have to offer,yet feel safe and secure surrounded by friends and a friendly,caring staff.

The Terrace has one and two bedroom luxury apartments offering gracious retirement living to person 55 years of age and older. Wesley Highland Terrace is located in the heart of Memphis and surrounded by life.