Wish we would have moved him years ago

Moving my father in law into Parkview was the best decision we ever made. He was reluctant at first but now he loves it and states he wishes he would have moved in years ago. The staff worked tirelessly to make him feel welcome and to quickly get him involved in activities. He loves going down to eat and says the food is great.

When he didn’t feel well and had to be transported to the ED there were plenty of people around to keep an eye on him until EMS could get there. It’s wonderful having someone there 24/7. We couldn’t be happier.

A tour

The people I met at this community were super nice and helpful. This community does offer transportation. They did not have a ground floor apartment available at the time we were looking.

A nice place

Mom is still getting adjusted to living at this community. The staff have been helpful and answered our questions. The community is clean and the grounds are well maintained. Mom has started to participate in some of the daily activities. They are getting ready to do some remodeling. This community is a good cost and I would recommend this community.

A great place for her

Things are going good for mom at this community. The staff are great. They do offer daily activities. Mom is not crazy about the food. They do keep the community well taken care of and they clean mom's apartment once a week. This is a wonderful place and I would recommend it.

We Have Seen Improvements

The transition has been wonderful. I have seen a 100% improvement, a lot has to do with the home care that is on the premises. They provide his medication 3 times a day. He gets meals through the day. They have activities and he engages with the residents and plays checkers with them. There is a private garden. He spent a lot of time walking with the Physical Therapist. It is a nice facility with great services. For us the pricing was right, the location was convenient, and the services offered are ideal. They also have a pharmacy on site for convince and a better deal.

Not a Good Living Experience

I would not recommend this community to anyone. They have been sold three times in the last six months. While I was living, we went without water for months. That is not acceptable, and they are not doing anything to correct any of the issues. This is not a good community, and I would not recommend it.

Tender Loving Care!

The Parkview is very comfortable. My favorite thing about it is the meals, they have an excellent selection on the menu every day. The place is clean and all of the staff is very friendly. The only thing I wish they would improve on is the building itself, it is about 100 years old and could use some remodeling to fix some major issues. Other than that, I am happy here.

We like this community for good care. The staff is very nice and caring. She has made friends and tries to stay active with the others The food is appealing and she does like the variety. they do offer a lot of activities to choose from. The community is good for the value and the care that is given to a loved one.

My opinion.

This community was ok when we visited. The staff that took us on tour of the community were nice. It seemed like a clean community. The downstairs was beautiful, however the upstairs could use some updating.

We love this property. We've signed and this will be our Mom's new home. Linda Deming is a spectacular and phenomenal sales manager.
Thanks for Everything!

I like this community!

The staff has been fine at this community. The food is good and they offer a lot of choices. This is a very old building that they are doing some renovations on and they do what they can to keep it clean. This community was in a convenient location for me.

This community is beautiful!!

The staff at this community take good care of my mom. They are great about contacting me about her care. The community is clean and well taken care of. My only minor complaint is that they serve a lot of pork and they do not offer sugar free desserts. Sunday evening the offer a sack lunch. They offer daily activities and outings to stores and restaurants.

I cancelled this visit because of affordability at this time. This was the property that I was most interested in. I may still go visit in the future. If I do, I'll let you know.

A Place for my Dad.

The staff is the best. They are always eager to help with moving in and helping me to get him settled. The residents are friendly and socialize in all the extra activities.

By far the best place

It's the most wonderful place. I can't think of anything that it would need. It's perfect.

They are excellent

They are excellent! The staff and the management have all been overwhelmingly helpful. They answered all of our questions and helped us to get my father settled there easily. The food is great, it is a very nice place, and I would highly recommend them to anybody.

The Parkview is Answered Prayer!

(July, 2015) We're so happy our mom is living at the Parkview! After great searching to find the very best place for Mom that would meet her several specific needs, we were very fortunate to find the Parkview. She loves it there and happily calls it home now. The building is impressively beautiful and elegant. Mom is delighted with her apartment and its unique beauty. Before moving her things in, Parkview did a fantastic joy of preparing, cleaning and making the apartment ready for Mom to call it her new home. The maintenance department is remarkable! They happily and expertly took care of all the tweaks we requested be done in the apartment so that everything would be just as Mom was hoping. They truly have a "can do" and "glad to do it" attitude which made things so much easier and pleasant. The food is delicious, creative and restaurant quality! The meals are served with kind thoughtfulness, and caring attention. And what an elegant dining room and serving style! The Personalized Living Sitter Department is outstanding! They lovingly assist Mom with dignity, and kindness while providing her with encouragement and nurturing care. Their department has especially helped Mom to have the quality of life we were hoping she would be able to continue enjoying at this stage of her life. With their extensive customized care and flexibility they have greatly simplified things for Mom and our family. Their director is amazing and she serves from a heart of ministry and uncommon compassion. We are so grateful for them! The Administration staff shines! They are one of the key reasons we knew we wanted Mom to make Parkview her home. The Executive Director is answered prayer! He is generous, understanding, and sincerely cares. He has shown extraordinary consideration and tremendous warmth in every encounter we've had with him. The Sales and Marketing Director was the first person we met in considering Parkview and she is one of the main reasons we selected Parkview. Her extensive knowledge and expert help were only surpassed by her gracious patience and compassion with all the questions and requirements we had. It is wonderful how the other staff members at Parkview also truly care for the residents and treat them as family. There is an obvious atmosphere of "home" and "family" throughout Parkview. There are many great amenities included in the rent. Also there is a fantastic physical and occupational therapy department within the building that has been a huge part of Mom's improved quality of life while being at the Parkview! They have given Mom excellent care and encouragement. They are amazing in the ways they have consistently brought creative solutions to meet Mom's particular needs - which has helped her to gain independence and be more comfortable. They, and their care, are so valuable! There are many fun and diverse activities planned an offered within the building and excursions all around the city too. Not your typical "just bingo night" activities here! The Parkview location is very convenient to all that Mom and her family members need for her to best enjoy her life there. It is in a beautiful location and so many fun places of interest - all around! We highly recommend The Parkview and encourage you to go see for yourselves why it is so highly thought of in the community and why we're so grateful we "found a place for Mom" at the Parkview!

We have toured several times. They were very helpful..

We have toured several times. They were very helpful and very friendly. We tasted the food and it was excellent. We like the location. It's close to the zoo and museums. It is also close to the VA where my husband gets his treatments. We haven't moved in yet, but we have toured and visited The Parkview several times. The facility is nice. It's really clean. I can't rate the activities. It is not applicable.

So far they seem to be doing okay.

So far they seem to be doing okay. It's a tough adjustment, and mom is having a hard time getting settled. It's a nice, clean place, though, and the staff is friendly. I don't have any major concerns, at this point though.

Far exceeded our expectations

Helped my Aunt move in to the Parkview about 4 months ago and it was the best move we ever made. From day 1 the staff and personnel were very nice, caring and patient with my Aunt. I thought, well this is just how it is until they get you in and start collecting your money, but I was wrong. Their level kindness and patience far exceeded any and all of my expectations. Everyone from the Director himself all the way down to the restaurant staff have been so kind. I must mention, my Aunt is not the easiest person in the world to be around all the time, but they have been so patient in trying to help her acclimate. We interviewed about 5 facilities before choosing Parkview, and I have to say, that hands down it was cleaner nicer than all of the other 4 by far, yet comparably priced. I would recommend this place to anyone even remotely thinking about a retirement community for their loved one. I cannot speak highly enough about this place.

Doing well here so far!

The Parkview is a very nice place, and I think they do an excellent job here across the board! It's attractive, clean, and well kept, and the employees all seem very nice. I've been completely satisfied with it!

Going well so far

Our loved one hasn't been here long, but so far things seem to be going well! It's a nice looking, well decorated building, and the staff have all been very friendly. They've been informative and accommodating to any questions or requests we have had.

Hopeful that there will be a change

The Parkview was our only choice after the previous assisting living place closed up and informed their residences that they had to move. It was all we could afford and they did work with us regarding payment arrangements.

We chose not to engage in the caregiving optionals, so we clean and bring the medications ourselves.

The only part that I'm not comfortable with is the cleanliness of the place. I think they need to hire a cleaning agency or company who will be held responsible for the up keep of the building. The building is already dated and been around for many, many years and I'm just hoping that they will personally tour the building periodically so they can see it for themselves and soon realize that they should keep it as clean as they would want it if their parents were living there.

We like it.

We like it very well. It’s the middle of the art district and they have a museum close by. The food is really good too. Parking is fine. There is a golf course right across the street. They’re a really good value for the money.

AMAZING PLACE TO LIVE

The staff at the Parkview is amazing. If I'm in Memphis when I reach the age to be at the Parkview I will love to be a resident there. Steve is awesome, he makes you and your family feel welcome and I love the way him and the staff
call all the residents by name. This is a five star living facility.

Fabulous

It’s a fabulous place. We haven’t used any of the care services or activities. It’s a good area. Everyone’s nice. The food is good. The residents seem happy. There is a real nice outside area for residents. There’s enough parking, especially in back.

Really liked it.

This was our second choice. We liked the location, and that they had an established mens group. They had transportation, to and from places, but it was limited. The rooms are a good size, it's older. The people are wonderful. They are very professional helpful and open.

Dad liked this one a lot to...

Dad liked this one a lot today!! yea!!

Loved this property. Director has wor...

Loved this property. Director has worked diligently to make things possible for dad. Just have to get some of his personal things taken care of before he is able to move. He has to be comfortable before moving.

Very nice and helpful. My grandparent...

Very nice and helpful. My grandparents did not like the setup and was concerned about having to go downstairs for meals.

Down stair was nice. Price was nice....

Down stair was nice. Price was nice. Rooms needed updateing. Location was ok.

The Parkview is located in the heart of Mid-Town Memphis with views of Overton Park. Our apartment-style community offers all of the amenities of a home without the work.

Imagine a life without household chores, yard work or home maintenance. Invite guests to a meal, special event or social outing.

With our on-site Resident Program Director, scheduled transportation and dining program – there are opportunities to make new friends or entertain old ones right outside your front door.