Kennington Pointe - Memphis, TN

Missing valuables

My mother was here for less than 6 months and it does smell musty. I had no problem with this facility until they refused to respond to us regarding her wedding ring going missing.
This was of importance to her as this was a memory for her. How dare they sweep it under the rug.

Visited recently, I looked at studio & 1 BR units. Some units have a Juliet balcony, all units have hotel style AC/Heating units in the living room with a fan in the wall to circulate air into the bedroom. Bedrooms have large walking closets, the bath has a step in shower w/rails. The kitchen has a small stove,frig without icemakers. It lacked a microwave or dishwasher. carpeted areas were worn & stained. The building smelled of musty mold. The entire building is dated and needs renovating. It was depressing for me, imagining my loved one or myself living here is unthinkable. I do not recommend this community.

Safe and Secure

Our loved one is doing so well at Kennington Pointe. She is eating well and the staff is fantastic. I go and visit on different days and times and I always see the staff members interacting with the residents with positive and caring attitudes. I walk by on my way to my loved one's room and hear cheerful happy voices coming through the doors of other residents talking with staff members. It is an older establishment and could use a little updating but it is a just a little jewel. The meals they prepare look and smell really good. I've seen the menu and it looks like there is good variety provided. The staff is very good about keeping me informed on her care. They are always calling me and keep me updated on her wellbeing. She is safe, secure, and well cared for. I would recommend this community, but I would rather keep it to ourselves. It has everything I wanted for my loved one. I have total piece of mind with my decision.

Went on tour last week, older facility, not crazy about the location. The rooms were nice and spacious compared to others on the independent side. The price was very affordable and met our expectations.

Kennington Pointe provides an atmosphere of peaceful elegance and class that allows for easy friendships and activities that meets most every need for those who are beginning a new chapter of their lives. I have been blessed to have transitioned from such in my move to Kennington Pointe.

Not Exactly What I Needed

I had a tour and got information about the pricing and what is provided here. I needed to stretch my dollars and at this community there is not a base price just to live there. Meals are included so that is nice, but I was looking to make my own meals. The way it looks is not as nice as I had hoped. They were not fitting for me.

I come here to live the rest of my life. I love it here. I love the food and the workers. I came here to stay. I can’t say enough about this place. It’s my home and I will never leave this place.

Kennington Pointe is a nice place for my mother to love the staff are all caring and very nice.
But the food is horrible it looks bad, taste bad and sometime it takes an hour to be served – The breakfast meal is the decent meal that is served.

Wonderful Community

I'am very pleased with my move to this community. Everything is working out very well. Everyone has very kind, and accommodating. They really go out their way to make sure you are comfortable. They have a variety of meals too choose from. The meals are typical, but well balanced overall. I have already recommended this community my friends. It is a wonderful facility with great people.

This is a comfortable and pleasant facility. There is a need for help in maintenance and in the dining room. There is a constant change of waitresses and needed improvement in the overall kitchen management.

The apartments are fine – Maintenance is exceptionally good and prompt.
The kitchen is a problem. Meals are not a lot are on the menu frequently. The food is not first class – example – pork chaps ¼ inch thick cooked to dryness and covered with gravy. Food should be improved. The alternators for people with dietary problems are not good. Kitchen problems have existed for almost 3 years for me.

My tour was very helpful and informative. Ms.[Removed] answered all my questions and actually was able to help me with what I needed according to my budget. I am so happy and my mom is happy and that is all that matters. The facility was clean and cheerful, and employees were very friendly. I recommend this facility to all. Thanks so much to Ms. [Removed] for her advice and calm and soothing voice, God Bless!

Terrible Housekeeping

I would not recommend this community. They have the dementia patients with the assisted living patients.There isn't a dedicated common room so patients are just sitting in the hallway when you walk in. The staff was friendly but I don't feel we got the care we paid for. One of the biggest issues was the housekeeping.I visited one day in the afternoon and my brother had spilled orange juice and the floor was sticky. I informed the staff and they said they already mopped. When I moved the bed to clean the floor there was a lot of dust build up. My brother also said the food wasn't very good and the portion sizes were small. We decided to move him into another community in the area.

Care for my mom

I am happy with everything about this community. The staff are always caring and always knew what they needed to help her at all times. The food is good and she is happy with the variety. I feel good knowing that she likes the activities and being able to attend Church is important to her. I like the community being very clean. I highly recommend everything about this community to other families.

Very positive

Our experience with Kennington Pointe has been very positive. [Removed] gave us tour and indoctrination and made us feel at home. Initial evaluation process by staff was good. My brother has started in "independent living" in this gated, well kept senior living community. It is expected that at some point he will transition to "assisted living" part of the facility if and when his health dictates such. The residents have been most welcoming and helpful.

Happy With My Move Here

My experience here at this community has been good. I'am happy with my choice to move here. The community is nice and clean, they do a good job with the cleanliness. They have a great staff here, they are helpful and attentive. They serve nice meals, the food is good. Overall it is a community I would recommend.

The staff are nice at Kennington Pointe!!!

My dad is settling in very well at this community. I have not had a chance to try the food but my dad thinks it is pretty good. They offer activities however he does not yet participate in any. I would recommend this clean and well maintained community. The staff are helpful and keep me informed of his care.

Toured

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I thought the independent living section of this community looked very nice! However, I was not nearly as impressed with the assisted living section, which is where our loved one would be placed. It just did not live up to some of the other assisted living communities we saw in the area.

Remarkable place to live.

Kennington Pointe Memphis was number 5 of 8 on our list of facilities to tour for mom's transition to Independent Living. There was no reason for us to look any further.

We signed the same day of our tour as we knew after looking at 4 other facilities that we were at the right place for my mother!

The staff is exceptional and every person we met, including those that are resident, received us with warm smiles and even a few hugs.

Apartments are very nice and mom is having a ball shopping and decorating her new home.

Comparatively this is the best value by far.

We are blessed to have found Kennington Pointe.

A Good Experience

I think outside security can always be enhanced. Otherwise, overall I think it has been a good experience, from what I can tell. I don't have any complaints, she has only been in there for a short while though..

exceeded my expectations

The staff at Kennington Pointe has been wonderful. I was very hesitant to place my brother here as he has been a bachelor all of his life. He has adjusted so well and actually loves it! The food service is excellent. They give you 3 meals a day and you don't have to worry about it. Every time I visit I see my brother socializing with the other residents. This place has really exceeded my expectations.

Kind and Understanding Staff

We have only been here a very short while, and the staff has been really nice and accommodating with my loved one. She has had a couple times when she gets lonely at night and they have someone in the office all the time that will come talk to her. They have been very understanding and very kind. They have helped with her adjusting. I do wish they had a few more activities that everyone can enjoy.

Assisted Living Not Good

When my mom was there I had a horrible experience. They put her into the memory care facility and was pretty much locked up in the facility and she didnt need to be in that categorize. My mother didnt have any memory problems but if someone did then that would be the place to go.

Kennington Pointe...
It appeared that anyone is buzzed through the gate. Grant it, I did say I had an appt however I wasn't asked my name or with whom I had an appt.
Staff was not very knowledgeable.
My initial contact person was "off property" for my scheduled visit.
Fire department showed up and the contact person had no idea why! That floored me. Even when the firemen came in and asked if she knew who they were there for her response was a a resounding, "I have no idea". Really!? Wooowww.
The patio/balcony was extremely small...only enough room to literally stand there.

Sadly, NOT a place for my mom.

best value

For the money Kennington Pointe was the winner. Three meals a day, plus transportation to your doctor, as well as drug store and grocery store.

Its a good community.

My loved ones have not been at Kennington Point for very long, It seems like a good community for them. It is clean and the food is good, though there could be some more activities and outings.

We believe this to be a good option for our aunt. Professional and friendly staff. Good facilities. Current residents appear to be well supported/attended to.

extremely caring and professional

They were extremely caring. It was more like you walked into a family instead of a facility. One of the aids came up to mom when we walked in and said "we're going to take great care of you". I speak from experience as I am a case manager for a hospital and can tell you that they have done an excellent job. Very friendly and caring and very professionally handled.

Happy overall

When we first moved in, they were not as attentive as I hoped it to be... nobody showed us around and there was no welcoming type of introduction. We just had to find things on our own. We are very contained with everything. The food services are very good and we are very happy with it right now.

Mixed bag

I had my loved one here for a brief time and while I thought they did a good job overall there were definitely some ways they could improve. The main issue we had is that they do not seem set up well to handle people with memory issues. They don't seem familiar with the sort of care they need, and they don't have many activities appropriate for memory care patients.
I also had issues with their administrative staff. They seemed very aloof and were not good about communicating information. There were some issues and problems with the fees and billing that they did not explain well.

I wouldn't do it again.

I only used Kennington Point 3 times for respite for my husband who has Alzheimers. He was one of those patients who walked constantly . I never received an unfavorable comment on him, but the last time I called for a stay, they refused to let him stay. No explanation was given.

Nice looking place

We looked into this community when we were searching for senior living for a loved one. This was a nice enough looking community, and the staff all seemed very friendly, but there were a few things about it that put us off. My loved one did not like that it was multiple floors, as she wanted somewhere with easy access to an outside area to sit. And, although we were only looking into independent living at the time, it lacked a few safety features I wanted, such as CPR training for all staff members.

Very friendly staff!

My loved one was only here a brief time before we moved her to be closer to family, but during the time she was here I thought they did an excellent job. The staff were very professional and caring, and seemed to really understand her needs and how best to care for her and keep her engaged.

Although Betty was there only there a...

Although Betty was there only there a short time, I was impressed with the facility and staff and would highly recommend it others.

Nice community, very friendly staff

My loved one hasn't been here long, but I've had a very positive experience working with them so far. They're a great looking community, and everyone I've spoke with has been very friendly and professional. They were very helpful during the whole process of getting my loved one signed up and trasferred, and were flexible when it came to things like prorating the bill for the month that she moved in.

Flat rate and age in place

The main reason we chose this community is because of the price. They were the best value for what the services they offered. They have a flat rate monthly and do not add on charges for other services like administering medication. It is also an age in place community and if they need more assistance the prices still do not go up. We are very pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone.

Not as clean or as well kep...

Not as clean or as well kept as Franklin Park - surprising. Twice as expensive, but pretty much all inclusive. Not as many amenities as Franklin Park.

What i like is that all three places ...

What i like is that all three places were great and the people was so great!!!

We were really impressed by the 2-bed...

We were really impressed by the 2-bedroom unit we looked at. It was on the 3rd floor and had a wonderful view. She liked the fact that one of the residents stated he loved this place as soon as he walked in. She said that says a lot.

Visited facility. It didn't leave me...

Visited facility. It didn't leave me with a great feeling.

Independent and Assisted Living/Memory Care Options

We all want freedom: The freedom to live life to the fullest, to experience the joy of quality time with family and friends, the freedom of choice. A Veritas InCare all-inclusive lifestyle affords residents the freedom to live the life they dream of, starting with residential options based on the values that matter.

At Kennington Pointe we provide independent, resort-style living options, with amenities that include restaurant style dining, three meals per day, housekeeping, Direct Bulk television, utilities, and transportation. Our expertise and commitment to quality service stand behind every one of our offerings, assuring you the carefree living that you desire. All this at an affordable price with no buy in fees.

Kennington Pointe offers apartments on a rental basis. Your monthly fee includes a beautifully appointed apartment, access to all the amenities of the common areas and a full complement of programs, services and amenities.