• Chapel Onsite
  • Weekly Happy Hour
  • 24 Maintenance Services
  • Gated Community
  • Library

Very nice. Im going too look at it it again the fist of July.

Loved the tour, a jewel on the Parkway. The location, views, patio & updates make it well worth the money. Residents I spoke with were very happy. Friendly staff. Found my new home!!!

I enjoyed my tour, but I'm concerned about this facility being a high-rise. My mother has a fear of heights and I don't think she would be comfortable with the multiple story living.

Review of The Glenmary - Memphis, TN

I would recommend – The Glenmary @ Evergreen is a wonderful place for the retired community.
It is friendly and the employees are trained to be genuine and helpful.
Everybody knows your name acknowledging you with a happy face!

Average plus.
The facility is kept clean and neat. The staff is courteous and helpful and caring. The food is acceptable. Sometimes good, sometimes not.
The A/ C and heating system is old and does not function adequately. MGT. is trying to replace. (They claim)

Review of The Glenmary - Memphis, TN

I am a resident here, and if it gets any better, I won’t be stand it! It is like being a passenger on a cruise ship, we get three meals a day, and have many activities such as bingo, black jack, happy hour, etc. Many off campus trips and doctors’ visits. The entire staff always take of residents needs this is an outstanding place to live.

Very clean.

A nice community

Mom has a nice apartment with a lot of windows and a nice sized patio. The community is clean and the grounds have a lot of nice trees. There is a beauty salon and a pool. The staff are really nice and mom likes the food. I would recommend this community.

I have lived in the Glenmary 8 years. It is a nice place to live when you retire. They do everything for you, you can put your head on the pillow at night and you know you are protected. They drive medical, shopping, activities, movie theatre, gym and a swimming pool. “Who could ask for more?”

The director is a top rich person. All of the management people are very nice.

The Glenmary gets my recommendation

The staff are pretty friendly and they offer daily activities. The community is in pretty good shape. The food is pretty good and they offer a variety of choices. They only complaint my loved one has it that they keep the community a little warm. The activities director is really sweet and treats the residents like they are her grandparents.

Customer service was excellent. Although we weren't able to get an official tour on Saturday. One of the staff was willing to show us around.[Removed] called and told us that he wouldn't be available Saturday, but he has since met with my father and given us plenty of information.

Friendly people!

I had a chance to speak with the people at The Glenmary and I thought it was a great place. It was a beautiful facility but it was not priced within our budget. Also, I wanted my parents to stay close to where they were living so friends and family could continue to visit them.

Care for my dad

I am very happy with this community. The staff are very helpful. They are always glad to listen to the requested we have on care. My father is happy that the community is clean. The meals are appealing to him. They do offer activities to those who want to particiapte. We would recommend this community to other families for a good value and care for a loved one.

Glenmary

I was an advisor for a client of mine. Glenmary was a surprise. It's hotel type setup is nice. The activities are plentiful and offer a lot of stimulation for the senior crowd. The icing on the cake is the in house NIGHTCLUB!!! I have been told that it is very popular. The apartments are large compared to other facilities I have visited. Would definitely recommend Glenmary.

An average community

This community did not seem like anything special when we toured it. It was just an average community. The people we met were nice and it seemed clean.

I am happy with the care that my brother is getting here. He likes all of the meals that are served. He is able to have a microwave in his room. The activities. are wonderful for him and he is happy with participating. He likes that he is on the floor for assisted living. They have movies and serve popcorn that he does enjoy. We do recommend the community for nice care and great value for a loved one.

No Heat! No Hot Water! Poor Mgt!

No heat for past 3 weeks, including this past weekend with single digit windchill.
Mgt passed out space heaters to residents who are 80 yrs and older. Really???
Mgt said they would not call HVAC company on weekend or after hours to repair.
No water for 4 days after pipe burst.
No hot water for 3 consecutive days once the water was restored.

[Removed]Dir Operations was nowhere to be seen. Weekend manager says he'd be there Thursday since temps are rising, no urgency. Really?

[Removed] & [Removed] are property managers and were nowhere to be seen as well.

We are moving our loved one out this week, as well as 4 other families.

DO NOT COME HERE! They do not care about the residents; only making money. We received notices of a 5% rent increase as of January 1, 2017.

A kind Security GUARD

I lived here for severals years now i seen people go and come but some arw priceless to come by there was this guard at nite here before we got the new one this week made me and my neighbors feel calm and safe knowing he was at guard all night i was use to seeing him walk the lot at night and answering every call i made for help and others in the building knew of our secret angel me and several others are planning to move out the kindness and help we needed at night no longer exist so we are looking for othet senior housing right now

My Mother Loves It Here, She Is Being Cared For Well

This is an amazing community, it has worked out very well for us here. This the first place that my mother has been where I know she is being cared for well. She really feels like she is at home. The staff is wonderful, they are very helpful and attentive. They are knowledgeable and informative as well. The community looks great, there are no bad smell lingering around the community. Sandra the director has been very helpful, she is great. Everything is included in the price, no hidden fees. This is truly an outstanding community, I'am very pleased.

Night shift guard an Angel

Other night my mother was coming from hospital usually it takes about five calls to hit the gate open... But I was surprised it open on just one call.. I pulled up and security help me move my mother from car to wheelchair I notice he was sweating hard but still smiling when he open the door to roll my mother in there was no nurse and i noticed how hot it was in the lobby on a eighty degree night.. So i asked guard would he take my mother to her room with a smile and reassurance he will i felt a relief knowing this guard could sit in this heat and still have a smile on his face i tried to tip him he wouldn't take it.. This guard kept it professional what is he doing in a place like this.. I first got here the services where terrible but tonite i felt different just a smile and little help goes long way.. That night shift security guard you all have keep him he is useful and kind...get him some cool air at night too.. After he helped me i seen him walking the lot checking gates to make sure their lock... I sat in a rocking chair and watched him sweat outside only to come inside to sweat harder...

Insensitive & Unprofessional Mgt. Staff

Very unprofessional & insensitive mgt. My Grandparents are relatively new residents; Less than 6 months. They've had 3 different Directors within that time span. The most recent Director's name is Sandra and the other manager is Angela. We heard them in the main lobby discussing the incontinence of one resident and the mental status of another. They said she was certifiable, then laughed about it. The other woman they claimed can't control her bowels. Mind you this was upper management! My grandparents have pride. They are elderly and in time, they may experience similar physical challenges, but we most certainly do not want their private business to be discussed in a public lobby within ear shot of several people. I can't imagine the embarrassment if word gets back to them. Who shall I complain to? These 2 are at the top of the food chain. I wonder if this is news worthy....

I love I t here!

Inhave been living here for,about a year and a half, and it is very nice! My apartment is on the top floor, the view is fantastic! I love my apartment. The staff is extremely pleasant, and quite know.edgable.

Surprise Follow-up Visit

Following a scheduled tour in October, we returned for an unscheduled follow-up visit, just to see a routine day. I visited at about 5:40 PM on a Monday along with my wife and 20 year old daughter. The lobby was busy and the residents seemed relatively happy. We waited quite a while to get in, however as no one was at the front desk to buzz us in. The only issue that bothered my wife and I was the male receptionist/security who was very unprofessional in that he blatantly flirted with our daughter. He was very, very loud and extremely unprofessional and I will leave it at that. Otherwise. The property itself appeared well kept. The residents were finishing up dinner and seemed to be in good spirits. We have friends with a relative already there and we just might return. Note to management: The first person a guest encounters sets the tone. Our experience was somewhat uncomfortable, especially for my wife & daughter.

Beware the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Please, don't let the "Executive Director's" tour mislead you. Other than bingo a few times a week, there are absolutely no activities. Since being hired, Hanover has terminated all of the former staff and replaced them with business first oriented personnel. There are absolutely no week end activities. There is inadequate supervision for the numerous dementia residents who frequently wander off and leave the building unattended. They do not staff a licensed dietitian nor offer a variety of diet restricted meal plans for diabetics, low sodium, nor vegetarian and other special needs diets. The meals are more or less the consistency of a school cafeteria; Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. Sloppy Joes. Chicken Fingers and such. As of today, 9/26/2015 the building has been without hot water since Friday and it will not be restored until Monday at the earliest, per Hanover. The Icing on the perverbial cake? 3 major [removed] within the last year. All of these issues and yet they've still managed to justify significant rent increases each and every year for the past 3 years. How much does the Executive Director care? Notice the rubber stamp reply to all of the reviews. He doesn't give a [removed] about your loved ones. Don't wast your money and absolutely DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN WITH YOUR LOVED ONE! The only thing he and Veritas cares about is their bottom line. The almighty $$. Be Blessed and Beware!.......of The Glenmary.

Jeff Hanover

Thank you for sharing your concerns over the Glenmary. We strive to provide outstanding service and care in the senior housing sector. I would like to meet with you to discuss your concerns as I assume you or your loved one lives at the Glenmary. Please feel free to give me call and lets discuss the issues that you include in your review.

All the Best!

Jeff Haniover

Friendly and Nice Property

Their property is good, but they have had some issues, like my loved one's water being turned off for an hour one day. They aren't pushing her to do activities either, so they could improve on that. They are very friendly though.

room for improvement

Overall things have been good with The Glenmary, though there have been a couple of mishaps. For example, some of the laundry ended up getting stained and I am not sure if the brand new comforter will be replaced or not.

Sometimes the food is ok, but sometimes it is overcooked or undercooked.

I believe they are in the process of ironing out a few kinks with the staff so I am confident that things will improve. They are definitely trying to improve.

great

Everything about The Glenmary has been great. There has been no trouble as they have been very helpful and accommodating to make it a smooth transition and pleasant experience. I have no complaints and would recommend them.

Happy Siblings for Mom

I have never done a review on a web site like this but I felt I needed to share our story with those looking for housing options for their parents. My four siblings and I toured The Glenmary this past week for our Mom. We thought she needed to go into assisted living but after meeting with Mr. Hanover, we discovered that Mom can live in independent living with some support. It’s great to also know that assisted living is available to Mom if she needs that level of care. We really appreciate that The Glenmary was so helpful to us. Our tour lasted 4 hours and we ate in their dining room which was terrific!

We think the Glenmary is a perfect fit for our family and we are so happy to know that Mr. Hanover is the Executive Director! At first we thought we were meeting with a sales person but learned that Mr. Hanover was the Executive Director when we arrived. No family could ask for more than what Mr. Hanover has done for us! The Glenmary is in tip top shape and is beautiful!

If you are looking for senior housing, my siblings and I recommend you go meet with Mr. Hanover and see what the Glenmary has to offer. We paid the community fee and Mom is moving in at the end of the month. After visiting 6 other communities in Memphis, it quickly became apparent that Mr. Hanover and The Glenmary are the match we have been looking for.

We are very happy!

Happy Mom-Happy Daughter

My mother has been living here for the last two weeks and she is so happy! If you want an upscale community in Midtown Memphis, take a look at the Glenmary.

The people who work here are so, so nice and compassionate. We love the Director, Mr. Hanover. He made the move very easy and he helped my Mom get settled in and introduced her to lots of people.

Mom is very happy with the meals and I join her once a week for lunch. Mr. Hanover told us it is like restaurant and he was true to his word. I enjoy the meals as much as Mom!

Another feature that we are very happy with is the Activities and Programming. Mom has lots of choices that are of interest and appropriate. She loves the Friday Happy Hour and the morning Line Dancing classes. They do a lot at the Glenmary to keep the residents active and engaged and that is exactly what we wanted for Mom.

Again...very happy, happy at The Glenmary!!! Thanks to all of you who keep an eye out on my Mom.

Jeff Hanover

Thank you for writing a review about the Glenmary on Senioradvisor.com. If we can be of service, please do not hesitate to call. [removed]. Jeff Hanover Executive Director

Happy Tenant

If you are looking for an Assisted Living community for a loved one, don't pass up looking here. We have placed my Mother in the care of the nurses and staff at The Glenmary and my Mother is rebounding and her life has improved so much in a short time! I was most happy to learn that my Mother has the option of participating in community activities and not being forced to stay in assisted living like so many other places in Memphis. This community is all about full engagement for the residents in assisted living. I toured several communities and each of them did not permit my mother to interact with the independent living community. My Mom puts her head down at night in her apartment in assisted living but she spends her days with all the residents in activities and outings. Mom loves the food and is very happy that she can order off a menu if she doesn’t want the daily special. We are looking forward to spending weekends with Mom at The Glenmary…they have a pool, patio and outside grills for us to use for family gatherings. The Director of Nursing at the Glenmary is wonderful and she was so helpful moving us in since this was all new to us. We toured with the Executive Director and he was so warm and understanding that we knew right away that the Glenmary was the place for Mom. The Glenmary is a beautiful building and fits right in to Midtown Memphis. I really like that the Glenmary is gated and very secure as well. Count us as a happy tenant....and thanks to everyone at the Glenmary!!

Jeff Hanover

The Glenmary is a very nice community. Jeff Hanover was very warm and took as much timevas we needed showing us the community, I love the outdoor garden that will be "blooming" when the warm weather is here to stay because my mom is an outdoor, work in the yard lady! ☺ We also loved the amenities that are available!! My granddaughter (my tour buddy) was ecstatic about the swimming pool!! The living quarters are extremely large and I love the fact that all have a slight difference.

The only thing that I did not like is that there are only 2 elevators for an 11 floor community...with several residents. A community which houses both independent and assisted living residents.

Millington Mother in Law

Just moving here from out of state and settled in Midtown, we were looking for my Mother in Law who lived in Millington by herself in a very large empty house. Touring the facility was very easy. The Executive Director let my mother in law use a wheelchair instead of doing a lot of walking which I appreciated very much. I really liked the kitchens in the units. Granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. Oh and the views from the units are exceptional. My mother in law picked out a unit on the 5th floor and we are so HAPPY that we know she will be looked after when we travel abroad. I highly recommend this facility for anyone looking for loved ones. Also its nice to know if my mother in law needs extra help in the future, she can stay at this facility in Assisted Living.
One more thing, we had lunch with my mother in law and the food was very good. I asked her if the food was always this good and she said "almost every time". I know we cant like all meals all the time, but I'm hooked.

Jeff Hanover

Thank you so much for your kind words....When living alone isn't an option....the Glenmary is here for you!

A Wonderful Community

I visited this community and met the warmest and most caring people working here. I took a tour given by the Executive Director and he really impressed us! We decided to move Dad in to Independent Living and we have been so happy! Dad has made new friends and he loves the meals served in the Dining Room. He always has many activities to choose from and the building is absolutely gorgeous and well maintained. Don’t pass up a tour at The Glenmary!

Nice place overall

Overall I think they do a very good job at The Glenmary, my loved one really seems to enjoy it here. The food is good, the aide staff are friendly and professional, and they do a great job taking care of the people who live here. Really my only problem has been a few issues of the management not coming through on things they promised before we moved in. They presented us with a few options for carpet and paint for her apartment, and ended up installing something other than what we chose.

Executive Director

I toured this community for my Mother...

I toured this community for my Mother last week and I was so impressed! They are called an “upscale” community and I agree. The lobby and building are beautiful, clean and they have lots of floor plans to choose from. Most of all, while we toured, every employee stopped to say hello to us which really was nice to see after touring other communities. My mom and I were invited to stay for lunch and I am very happy we did. It was restaurant quality with white table cloths and a menu to choose from. The service was excellent! Everyone who lived there seemed to be so happy and there were so many activities to pick from that I thought mom would be kept busy all day if she lived there. Although this community is higher priced than some of the others, you get everything you pay for and the cost is all inclusive. We made a deposit and my Mom is moving in next month! Thanks to APFM for helping us find The Glenmary!!

Executive Director

They are clean and friendly, and they can be a nice place.

They are clean and friendly, and they can be a nice place. I would look elsewhere. They were less expensive than others. This was just not the right environment for us. She would never leave her apartment to socialize.

Executive Director

There seemed to be a lack of communication,

It was clean and the staff were friendly. There seemed to be a lack of communication, though. They weren't on top of it when I would call or email. There was a trail behind the facility, and I asked if the residents walk there, and they said that they wouldn't be able to leave without permission. I thought this was an independent community.

Does have a lot of potential

Does have a lot of potential

Very nice looking community

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for my loved one. This was a very nice looking place, and it was my favorite that we toured. The staff were all very friendly and professional, and the community itself was clean and well-kept. Their pricing structure was very easy to understand, they had a single rate which included all types of care. It was, however, one of the more expensive options that we looked at.

High Rise Independent and Assisted Living

It's a high rise. It wasn't bad. They have independent living floors but then if you needed assisted living there's maybe two floors for assisted living. It didn't seem to be too bad. It could have been an option but it was probably 20 minutes away and the part of town it's in is not the best part of town to be in.

It was gated and it seemed to be reasonably priced and I think they offered 3 meals a day.

Very Nice! Due to Dad's ongoing divo...

Very Nice! Due to Dad's ongoing divorce, he was afraid to be tied into a year lease. The Glenmary doesn't allow Month to Month. Also, there is a yearly maintenance fee. On behalf of my friend...my own thoughts are the place was friendly, clean, the residents were happy, and there was a lot to do.

Independent and assisted living apart...

Independent and assisted living apartments. nice room size, even in the AL efficiency. Some balconies. Newly redone building. New kitchen opens 12/9. Met a couple of residents who enjoy the building. Staff seems nice and attentive. Common areas - movie room, bistro (TV, card games), outdoor pool, party room.

I did like the Glenmary and its locat...

I did like the Glenmary and its location.

Jeff Hanover

**Gated, Midtown **4 diff. size asst...

**Gated, Midtown **4 diff. size asst. living apts. **all inclusivecare **podiatrist **Indep. living

HAS HAPPY HOUR

HAS HAPPY HOUR

Jeff Hanover

Welcome to The Glenmary at Evergreen! Thank you for taking the time to explore The Glenmary!
At The Glenmary, we are a diverse and special group of people who are dedicated to providing seniors with a lifestyle that meets their personal and social needs in an atmosphere of love and care. Our staff is highly trained in their areas of expertise to address the care needs and concerns of seniors. We have some of the most dedicated and talented individuals working here at The Glenmary!
The Glenmary is one of the few gated senior communities in the Memphis area. What makes us really special is our location in Midtown Memphis which is in one of the most beautiful, historic and accessible areas of the city. Our team is committed to providing a safe and secure upscale living environment for seniors. This includes our 24-hour concierge services that are available to all residents.
We are fortunate to offer a variety of floor plans to meet your needs at The Glenmary. We have studio, 1-, 2- and 3- bedroom apartments available across the community. Each home includes stainless steel appliances and beautiful granite counter tops! We offer you a variety of sizes ranging from 574 square feet up to 1221 square feet!
The Glenmary is located in the Vollintine Evergreen National Historic District. We have our own private locked entry gate onto the Vollintine & Evergreen Greenline that is a 1.7 mile urban greenspace converted from an old railroad track. The Greenline provides a natural, serene space for members of the community and beyond to exercise, walk their dogs, observe wildlife, or even visit with fellow users of the Greenline. From “The Springs” to “The Arbors” to “The Gardens” to “The West End,” you can get to know the different sections contained of the Greenline, Midtown Memphis’ Urban Forest.
Award winning housekeeping services are provided at The Glenmary as part of the living experience in our community. Our housekeeping staff will come to your apartment every other week to clean bathrooms, dust, vacuum carpets and mop hard wood floor surfaces. Your service also includes sanitizing your kitchen and we will wash and dry your bed linens and towels.
Some other highlights of our community include our Country Store just off our Grand Lobby where you may purchase snacks, drinks and personal care items and charge them to your apartment.
Our residents like to use our Grand Lobby for relaxing and socializing with our guests, staff and other residents and it is a busy area with family and friends stopping by.
We have a beautiful Bistro and Library available to our residents just off the lobby. Here we offer complementary coffee and cappuccino all day while our residents relax, visit and enjoy our media area. Our residents also access the free internet in the bistro using one of our computers. On any given day you can find a group of ladies playing Bridge or a group of men playing Poker in our Bistro!
We have a beautiful Hair Salon that is one of the most popular places in our community. Our Beauticians provide a full service beauty shop for the ladies and barber services for men. All you have to do is stop by or call, make an appointment and our staff will be glad to take care of you!
All residents have their own mailboxes that will allow them to check their mail at any time in the convenience of our building instead of going outside. Each mailbox matches an apartment number and becomes part of the resident’s mailing address. If a resident needs to send mail, they simply bring it to the Concierge desk and we will make sure the Postman picks it up. If you have packages arriving via UPS or FedEx, our Concierge staff will sign for them and let you know that you have a package waiting for you downstairs.
If you don’t feel like cooking tonight in your apartment, you can always join us in the dining room. We serve 3 delicious meals a day, restaurant style, prepared by our Executive Chef and his staff. There is always a choice of entrees to choose from along with our daily specials. We also offer our residents the Midtown Room which is a private dining room for special occasions with family and friends free of charge.
One of our unique features is our in-house movie theater for planned movie nights, arts appreciation and special sporting events. It’s not uncommon to find our theater packed for the Super Bowl, the Academy Awards and other special programs that appeal to our residents.
The Parkway Club is another wonderful place in our community that has a dance floor and a stage where we host bands and live entertainment throughout the week. We also hold a regular Happy Hour each Friday afternoon where we serve snacks and an open bar. The residents look forward to this social hour every week! We also use this room for bingo parties, auctions, birthday parties…the list goes on and on… Residents also rent this room out for private events such as weddings, family parties, baby naming and special events. There are lots of activities to choose from when you live at the Glenmary!
Many of our residents enjoy our fully equipment fitness center that is available for our residents and their guests. This gym is also a great place for physical and occupational therapy needs when our residents return home from a rehabilitation stay.
Our crafts room is where our Activities Director and staff gather with residents to do arts and crafts projects. Their works are displayed around our community and inside the resident’s home.
The Glenmary is one of the few senior communities that have an outdoor pool and cabana for their residents. This is a great place to being grandchildren, join a water aerobics class or just float awhile in the comfort of your very own backyard pool! Our Activities department will also use this area for our annual Beach Party and other social events using our cabana club house kitchen and grills.
The Glenmary has an Assisted Living community housed on two floors within our building. For those residents living in this part of our community, we provide medication management, meals, wellness checks and other support services to allow them to live as independently as possible. Our Assisted Living community is led by a nurse and we offer 24 hour nursing oversight for these residents. For the most part, our Assisted Living residents participate in all community activities but there are also some special things that take place dedicated to these residents. Our Activities team can be found in Assisted Living every day providing numerous activities in a smaller setting so that these residents can remain fully engaged and participate in our community.
At The Glenmary, we have a fleet of three buses that we use to escort our residents out into the community. Our transportation team can take you to the doctor or to shop at local establishments so there is no need to have a car while living at the Glenmary. Our buses run regular routes to the local malls, restaurants and community events.
As you can tell, life at The Glenmary at Evergreen is fulfilling and provides a wide arrange of opportunities for every resident so that they can remain fully engaged and active! I look forward to meeting you and your loved ones in the coming weeks! For your personal tour or to get additional information, just give us a call at 901-726-4881 or email me at [email protected]