Still very independent

We were very fortunate that my mom was able to get a ground floor apt with a patio and she is settling in very well. The staff has been so good with her they are all friendly and care aboout the residents here. It is nice that she also has the house keeping option too. She enjoys joining the other residents in the dining room at mealtime and she has also started taking part in the many different activities and special events that they offer here. There is a beautiful courtyard for the residents to sit and visit on with friends and family. We feel this has been a good fit for my mother.

Care and regulations

We like the care at this community. The staff is caring and friendly. We like that the environment is clean. We were able to speak with the staff about issues of my mom smoking and they were able to work with her. They have certain rules for the residents. The menu is needing a little assistance, but they have excellent choices. The activities are outstanding. I would recommend this community to other families but if extra services are needed you would need to obtain them.

Great facility

Westcourt is a very nice facility. The staff are very friendly and kind. They had many activities for seniors that encourage engagement and community. It's a place that has everything needed until end of life. I highly recommend this facility to anyone interest in senior living.

A Forever Home for My Brother

I was looking for a new home for my brother, who has numerous health issues. He needs some assistance with his medications and encouragement to eat 3 meals a day. I contacted A Place for Mom for assistance, [Removed] contacted me and suggested Wescourt in Saginaw. My husband and I toured the retirement community and were very impressed. I was assured by the onsite Home Health Care staff that they could provide what my brother needed. The cost of his apartment combined with 24/7 nursing staff is still $1200.00 less expensive that his previous assisted living apartment. We took my brother the next day to have lunch at Wescourt , I knew he liked what he saw there. My brother wouldn't come out of his apartment at his previous place but he couldn't wait to explore Wescourt on the day he moved in. He has been living at Wescout for a little over a week and he seems very happy there. I spoke to the staff and was pleased to hear that he is spending time in the common areas with other residents and he is going down to the dinning room for meals without the staff coming to his apartment to get him, which was a huge problem at his old apartment. I have great hopes that my brother will do well at Wescourt and has finally found his forever Home at this stage of his life.

Wescourt Senior Living, Saginaw, MI

It took my family 12 years to get our mom to even visit Wescourt Senior Living. She just spent a Trial Weekend 3 weeks ago and shocked us with agreeing to spend at least the Winter Months there! Obviously we're hoping she'll make it her permanent residence and use her home for mini vacations, but that remains to be seen.

Very nice facility. Our tour guide Martin was awesome. We are definitely considering this place.

Needs Medical Staff!!

My loved one lived in this community but unfortunately, we had to move her. They didn't have medical staff available to help with her medical needs. The care staff were courteous and attentive. My loved one needed to be on special meals and they also didn't offer this. Occasionally sugar free desserts were served but overall the services were not matching my loved ones special needs.

Nice place, not the best fit for us

My loved one lived in Wescourt for a time, and while I thought it was a nice place it didn't end up being a good fit for our situation. The facility was clean and well kept, and the care staff were friendly, however communication with the staff was difficult. I was located a few hours away, and getting the staff to respond to requests or questions was difficult without being there in person.

We liked it, but it was a little fancier.

We liked it, but it was a little fancier. We didn't think he would eat three meals a day, and we didn't think he would like people coming to remind him to come to meals. It just wasn't quite the right fit for our needs in the moment.

Best Decision Ever Made

My mother couldn't be happier at Wescourt! It's the best decision we ever made. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. I highly recommend!

Very nice facility

Wescourt is a beautiful, clean and bright facility. The food is homemade (no cans or boxes in this kitchen) and is very good. Staff is friendly and courteous.

Clean, safe, living environment. Healthy food options, in-home health care services available as a separate, additional, but reasonable cost. On-site laundry facility, free to residents. An array of social activities.

2 bedroom apartment units are not well laid out for furniture. Very pricey also. Cottage option was better but requires constant travel back and forth for meals.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I'm writing from Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you for your sincere review - that's very interesting feedback. At Holiday, we pride ourselves on our amenities like our robust activities calendar and transportation services, but we agree that apartments need to be homey and welcoming for our residents.

I've passed your comments on to our Resident Relations department for their review. Please know you're welcome to call them as well at [removed] if you have anything else you'd like to share.

Thanks,
Katie

Very friendly people here!

They've done a great job overall at Wecourt! My loved one was a bit of a recluse so it is great to see him getting into some of the social activities here! The facility itself is very clean and well kept, and the staff have all been very friendly and welcoming. It is a nice place, and I would recommend it to others looking into senior living!

Review of Wescourt Independent Living in Saginaw, MI

Westcourt is a beautiful facility. Seems they have thought of all a person needs. The staff seem happy and the facility is clean. The parking is a bit crowded and difficult to find a place to park.

Very nice place!

We've had a great experience with Wescourt overall! It's a clean, well kept community, and it just has a really great atmosphere overall. Both the staff and the other residents are friendly and outgoing, and made my loved one feel welcome from day one. Really the only issue we've had is that sometimes non-emergency maintenance requests (like picture hanging, etc) can take quite a while to be fulfilled.

Everyone is so nice.

Everyone is so nice.

we liked it but mom didn't ...

we liked it but mom didn't she said it seemed like the people were dressed and acted to highty tighty.

Westcourt takes care of it all.

The atmosphere at Wescourt is great! The grounds are beautiful. The staff are so helpful and friendly. The food is excellent--includes 3 meals, plus snacks. They do a lot of decorating for all holidays. The activities, including live music during meals ( on occasion), events, parties, games and other activities are great. Field trips and transportation is provided on a 20 person bus. Medical staff are available on site, as needed. There is a game room, library, chapel, hair salon, laundry facilities on site. Pets are welcomed. I am so happy to have found this place for my Mom. I would highly recomend it. They give daily tours; so give them a call, or better yet, stop by.

Very pleased with this place!

My Mom absolutely loves it here! It's a very nice looking community, and the residents and staff have all been very friendly. They've got plenty of activities going on to keep everyone entertained, Mom loves the shopping trips they take them on once or twice a week. They also offer transportation to and from appointments, which has been a big help.

It is very well kept and clean.

Sometimes the food isn't always great. They had a great bang for her buck as far as amenities go and what you get for your money. It is very well kept and clean. It was a newer community and they put a lot of thought about the layout of the community. When she went to rehab they prorated her meals for the time that she wasn't there, and that was their idea, I didn't even bring it up!

one of the first places we looked int...

one of the first places we looked into a couple years back..and they still keep in touch to see if circumstances have changed. took dad (unannounced) to tour the place and talk with the person in charge at the time... although we all like Wescourt...dad didn't have the diagnosis of dementia and wasn't interested in moving into any community... a little worried that they seem to change managers quite often...

Built on beautifully landscaped grounds in the charming community of Saginaw, you’ll love the elegance of our facilities and the convenience of the nearby community. We’re just minutes from shopping, dining, healthcare and wonderful, unique local attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind