Independence Village of Midland - Midland, MI

Beautiful place! The residents seem to be well cared for. Happy People

Review of Independence Village

We always have a great time here. Staff is wonderful!

Review of Independence Village

I work in the industry as a musician. The staff is extremely attentive to the residents. Good atmosphere

Review of Independence Village

Good equipment for giving presentations. Lovely group of residents who appreciate the talks on local art and history. Very well organized by [name removed], [name removed], and [name removed]

Review of Independence Village

The housekeeping crew members seem to be well trained and very courteous. They are invariably cherished, greet me by name and ask about anything they do not understand. I recommend them highly.

Great place!

Review of Independence Village

I do contract work at this facility and they do a wonderful job at keeping things clean and comfortable. They have great activities and residents seem to really love it there.

Review of Independence Village

[name removed] does a great job. It can be very difficult dealing with older people.

Review of Independence Village

I gave several presentations about nature topics on Wed. afternoons. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The residents are attentive, ask questions, have comments - which indicates they liked and learned something from the programs. The facility is very clean and well cared for.

Review of Independence Village

The food is terrific. The activities are very good (esp the music), although they are sometimes cancelled w/no notice which is disappointing to residents. Sometimes services paid for are not delivered, which would be my biggest complaint.

Review of Independence Village

Very welcoming. Serve delicious nutritious meals. Cater to their clients. Clean environment. Pleasant staff.

Review of Independence Village

Great place. Seniors are happy and well cared for.

Review of Independence Village

We refer our clients to Independence if they need to move to a community. Everyone we have sent there love it and now call it home.

Review of Independence Village

Housekeeping does an excellent job on my apartment. Very nice staff.

Review of Independence Village

They did the annual cleaning of my apartment today. Great job, very solicitous about the carpet was wet and I was to be extra careful! Over and above the call of duty. I have an outdoor carpet on my patio- it was cleaned! GREAT!

Review of Independence Village

Words can't express how happy I've been with my mother's care and the facility. The facility is very nice, clean, and well kept. The staff is very knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. The food is fantastic (mom has gained ten pounds). There are activities scheduled all day that she can take part in, and outings almost every week. Mom is much happier and I know she is being taken care of very well.

Review of Independence Village

Awesome! I love the staff, they are fun and caring!

Review of Independence Village

Best place to live! Wonderful layout.

Review of Independence Village

Great place. Seniors are happy and well cared for.

Review of Independence Village

We refer our clients to Independence if they need to move to a community. EVERYONE we have sent there love it and now call it home.

Review of Independence Village

Awesome! I love the staff, they are fun and caring!

Review of Independence Village

The high school servers are excellent! (Hope for America!) I have a cane- impossible to handle a buffet. A server ([name removed]) VOLUNTEERED to help me! One of the residents mentioned to [name removed] (server) ice cream would taste good on her strawberry shortcake (not asked!) he hurried and got her some. Anyone of these kids would have done the same. Great kids! They come back and visit [name removed]. (Their leader, not their boss. She loves them all).

Review of Independence Village

RE: Weekly laundry service- I am pleased with this service. Laundry is picked up promptly and delivered clean and folded. Good work.

Review of Independence Village

Of all of the senior facilities I entertain for I find Independence Village at the top of the list! The most crucial thing to me is that the staff (very caring and polite) always take the effort to gather residents to the event.

Review of Independence Village

As an entertainer who plays at many senior homes, I always enjoy playing here!

Review of Independence Village

What a wonderful home for the residents! Their happiness shows on their faces and the staff is very attentive and kind. :)

Great environment

Review of Independence Village

I do educational programs at this location. The staff are always friendly and efficient and are very in tune wit the residents. The facility itself is very clean and comfortable. Most importantly, the residents themselves are happy and engaged.

Review of Independence Village

This is a wonderful place to live. The staff is excellent. Our housekeeping and laundry services are perfect. They have many activities for us to choose from. Our dining room is very pretty with linen tablecloths. Fresh flowers on each table. There is a can to take is for appointments and errands. I highly recommend this location.

Review of Independence Village

[Name removed] did an excellent job

Review of Independence Village

friendly staff and always clean

Review of Independence Village

Very well run facility, tremendous staff.

Review of Independence Village

I am very happy here and I feel secure and cared for.

Review of Independence Village

Caregivers are great with the residents. The facility is very clean and well cared for.

Review of Independence Village

The residents and staff here at the StoryPoint side of Independence Village have been such a wonderful blessing to me!

Review of Independence Village

We totally have enjoyed out stay here. Plus their meals are very good!

Review of Independence Village

[name removed] has been such a positive presence in the reception area this summer. She is always well dressed in a professional manner and articulate on both the telephone and in person. Plus plus.

Review of Independence Village

Housekeeping service is excellent, friendly, helpful employees - a recent hire, [name removed], surprised and pleased me greatly - she has washed out our very soiled patio glass windows and they were shining brightly as we entered our apartment. Maybe it was because she had more time that day - or because she saw a great need! 5 stars!!
Note: All of the above reflects well on the head of housekeeping!!

Review of Independence Village

Having such a great smile to greet is always a treat. Unfortunately I came into the facility as a resident the very week I was widowed so the move was difficult but the gentle support from [Name removed] and her colleagues has made living here very good for me. Thanks for having me here.

Review of Independence Village

I have lived and Independence Village for six months and have found the staff and residents very warm and friendly. On June 20, 2018 the staff organized a Verteran's Dedication Wall in our activity center. Each veteran that lives here was interviewed and their picture, branch of service and small article was framed and placed on the wall. On June 20th community members and all of us honored our men and women. A very moving ceremony. The event twas a lot of work and taking tame to care about our veterans by our staff.

Review of Independence Village

The June 20th ceremony to dedicate the Veteran's Wall was mighty fine. Excellent. Kudos to the organizer.

Review of Independence Village

[Name removed] did a great job instructing the senior exercise classes. Very personal and attentive to all participants.
Nice clean facility and wonderful residents. Good mix of daily activities.

Review of Independence Village

Great exercise class directed by [Name removed]! Upbeat and invigorating!!

Great Place!

Great Staff, very friendly. Very Clean, looks as if you could eat off of the floor. A wide variety of activities, almost something for anyone to enjoy. Care staff are available when they are needed. The community shuttle van is a great addition, there to take you to appointments and where ever you need to go within the city. Highly recommend for your senior living needs.

Review of Independence Village

The laundry group is always arriving at the same time. They are very good at what they do. They are always pleasant and willing to help and problem.

Review of Independence Village

We could not ask for a better facility for our father/ father in law to reside in. Every person from the executive director and nursed to receptionist and aides aare so kind, compassionate and caring. We recommend Ind Village to all who ask for our opinion on the best place for their loved one who need this care.

Review of Independence Village

First time visiting independence village for a senior wellness expo. I was highly impressed with the extra care+attention the staff shows towards residents. They seem to truly to truly care about the people here. I have been to countless homes/indp living communities + this is by far the best I have seen. The residents in how they are treated + response to staff. You can tell the staff here goes out of their way to take the extra steps with the residents.

Review of Independence Village

The team does a really nice job cleaning my room. Both have very nice personalities and answer, talk and adjust to my requests.

Review of independence Village

Staff is competent and accommodating. If special needs arise. Facilities are attractive with wide corridors and large windows so buildings are open and light. Facilities are also very well maintained. Food is good institutional. Wide variety of activities so any one can enjoy some of them or all of them.

Review of independence Village

I have been here for three months. Everyone, staff and residents extremely helpful and friendly.

Review of independence Village

New dining room chairs should be on the a "to do" list.

Review of independence Village

I came to work in in Midland in 1951. I married and have enjoyed all of Midland these past years.

Review of independence Village

The facility has an excellent appearance and is well maintained by the housekeeping staff and maintenance man. We appreciate having our apartment cleaned every other week by the housekeeping crew. It's nice having our dinner served everyday in a pleasant dining room. Most of the time the food is very good.

Review of independence Village

This building needs updating. It offers many opportunities for socialization and has daily planned activities. Many residents have lived here for years and are still happy . Transportation for appointments and attending events in the town can be scheduled. Everyone who visits here appreciates the decor and happy atmosphere.

Review of independence Village

Our PEO group meet in the front room for tea which was provided by the village staff. The accommodation for us is lovely + provided a view of the cared yard. Since our grandpa lived here it was easy for them to attend.

Review of independence Village

The senior activities are diverse and enjoyable. The activity director, [name removed] is innovative, capable, imaginative and all all-around great person.

Review of independence Village

It seems to be getting better and better. Food has improved greatly, service ditto.

Review of independence Village

Beautiful facility, staff very friendly, helpful residents also welcoming. Seem happy given their circumstances. Food could use some upgrades, but by large is ok. Housekeeping is very accommodating+unfailing cheerful. Always call us by name+will go the extra mile for us.

Review of independence Village

I have lived for 3 years at IV and think it is a wonderful place to live. It is bright with sunshine and very nicely decorated. My apartment is roomy and very comfortable. The bathroom has safety rails and room for my walker. We have a wonderful staff here. They go out of their way to make us comfortable and happy. People are very friendly and we have lots of activities to pick from. I couldn't ask for a nicer place to call home and spend my "golden years" at

Review of independence Village

IV is a lovely place to live. I appreciate the friendly, helpful staff and especially the cleanliness of the entire facility. Dust bunnies are not welcomed here! The food is quite nutritious and is getting better all the time. I do not regret for one minute my decision to make this my home. Thanks, everyone!

Review of independence Village

Friendly tenants & staff, clean , good food.

Review of independence Village

Great apartments, wonderful food, lots of community activities, friendly people, helpful staff members. I can't think of a better place I would rather live.

Review of independence Village

Outstanding facility, staff is always friendly.

Review of independence Village

Generally, we have a very positive view of our residence here at Ind. Village. Occasionally there is a hiccup in communications, particularly when scheduling changes occur. We are very pleased with the staff, in all departments.

Review of independence Village

Very nice facility run by very nice people

Review of independence Village

Friendly staff, helpful, lots of daily activities, nice outings planned for us.

Review of independence Village

This is an excellent eldery 'home' for us 'older' folks! The staff folks are excellent also, and can be depended upon to do 'extra' things that we enjoy. Such as serving on my 95th birthday party in the activities room. [name removed] and his staff prepared & served an excellent food line for some 65 people.

Review of independence Village

Caring, comforting and skilled personnel. Safe + plesant environment.

Review of independence Village

The staff is capable, friendly and available. Residents are friendly. Facilities are very good. Meals are satisfactory. Activities are excellent.

Review of Independent Village

Excellent place to live. Excellent caring staff. Lovely clean building and grounds.

Review of Independent Village

Everyone is very friendly and kind

Review of Independence Village of Midland - Midland, MI

After living here for almost six years I can still say that I came to the right place. I feel safe, have my apartment, its location and that I can prepare my own breakfasts and lunches. We are offered a wide variety of activities and programs and can choose what suite us and our schedules. I feel that our director is the best ever and has a helpful and thoughtful staff.
It is a blessing to be a resident here!

Review of Independence Village of Midland - Midland, MI

A 14 person family reunion was held in the activity room, where our 97 year old father Eugene lives. Independence living staff catered the event. It was a huge success.

Review of Independence Village Of Midland, MI

We are especially pleased with the maintenance and housekeeping services. Not only with their regular duties, but with their willingness to promptly come and help with an emergency mess.

There are many places for the elderly but in my opinion Independence Village is the best. They deliver loving and fun experiences while caring for the elderly. My parents have enjoyed this “home like” time of their lives!
Thank you.

Lived here 41/2 years. The staff members have always been great.
Enormous quantity of dinner food. Usually excellent.
The apartment is very well under control.

Nice physical plant – Courteous staff.
Too highly priced.
Dreadful food. Fried, fried, fried.
Jankie halls with old furniture, etc.
Resident “Porches” talks with personal choices of décor.

Satisfied with this community.

All of the staff is friendly and helpful – couldn’t ask for more. I won’t name names because there are so many great people.
Activities are varied and enjoyable. (Slot machines in the lobby would be fun)
Dining – Meals are good – would like fewer Mexican type dishes – also, an easing up of the spiciness in the sauces would be appreciated.

Living condition excellent; very well maintained; services such as laundry and housekeeping convenient and timely; Staff is friendly, responsive and always available; good food menu variety; well served in clean dining room; wide variety of activities is offered.

[Removed] has provided excellent transportation service for our medical profession trips. He is friendly, courteous and an excellent driver. He accommodates our special needs in good spirit. It is a joy to travel with him.

[Removed] is the best! She is truly the voice of Independence Village of midland with the gracious way she greets callers and they really have a gem with her as the receptionist!

This is a great place to live. Everything is really normal.

The staff is very helpful, friendly and accommodating. The food is good and healthy. They home many interesting and good variety of entertainment. Good entertainment director.

I knew no one when I moved to this community 3 years ago. And participated in activities provided I became acquainted and made friends. Now I feel connected in the village.
My apartment is pleasant and I feel safe. I appreciate the amenities from the support staff.
The best part of my move in proximity to my daughter and her family.

Kelly!!!!!! 5 stars.
Over and beyond the call of duty! Always caring and busy doing something to enrich the lives of the residents! A bright smile and an eager attitude to assure our lives here are made pleasant and productive. Always in a hurry to serve us, but time to talk and counsel. Run out of space. Could say more!

I had the opportunity to ride the bus with my mom to go to her dentist appointment. I can’t say enough about our bus driver [Removed]. [Removed] was patient and kind with my mom. We arrived on time and were picked up shortly after my mom’s appointment finished. [Removed] is just the kind of persons I want my mom to be transported with. It gives me peace of mind knowing [Removed] is driving the bus.

Musical group [removed] (played) on February, was a-ok!

My Dad lives in your facility and seems very content. The people who take care of him are great! I feel good knowing he is having a good day with all the kind people that take care of him

This is a beautiful residence. The people seem very happy and there are so many things that keep the residents busy. The food was very good, Brad did an excellent job of showing us the entire place and explaining all the perks.

Two of our church ladies in our ladies circle from church live in this. Our group began meeting in the room in January, February and March so that these ladies do not miss our time together because of dangerous winter weather. The room is an ideal setting for our study and fellowship. Thank you!

Food has improved greatly recently.
Nice meals last week (Feb 13th).
Nice brunch Sunday (Feb 19th).
Keep it up!

Not enough room.
All Good!
Meals all good – some exceptional!
Cleanliness at least twice a day – Corridor rails cleaned, carpet always clean. No worm spots. No dust on picture etc.
Good Breakfast and bar .
Varied entertainment [Removed] fantastic! Van service
Line in service
Extra help available – (did an excellent job when my wife needed it)
Decorated nicely especially at Christmas *****
Caring staff – especially the manager, [Removed]
Beautiful Building – courtyard flowers in season.
Lots of books, puzzle table.

This residential facility provides me with a pleasant apartment with amenities in a safe environment.
I especially enjoy the planned activities and opportunities for fellowship with other residents. The staff in attentive and professional.

I like people (workers) are friendly. Meals are quite good. Care is very respectful. The home is small and easy to navigate. Caregivers are friendly and no abuse. I do not join activities because I need to rest.

Clean, good care, variety of activities.

Today’s tea was so nice. Everyone is very friendly and we enjoyed it.

[Removed] watt is our activity director.
She does a great job of activity selection and implantation.
In addition she is warm and gracious.
Food is bad, however!

Lots of pleasant activities, residents can be as busy as their health and inclinations permit. Residents are friendly, staff is familiar with their names. Servers know the regular diners. Menus are varied and cater to people who know and appreciate good food. Staff is open to suggestions.

I visit my brother [removed] frequently. He seems to be taken care of well

Staff seems competent.
Food is awful! Beef, Beef, Beef heavily breaded & fried everything! Green beans, for goodness sake? Veggies cooked to mush.
Soups & fish are good.
Hallway between buildings nasty & I must use it all winter/spring.

The price goes up every year but the services go down. The most recent is you have to reserve a place on their bus a full day ahead of time. You can't cancel or you can't decide to go someplace even though the bus is not full and is available.

Sounds perfect except there is no Med...

Sounds perfect except there is no Med Waiver option.

This place was beautiful but again th...

This place was beautiful but again the long hallways would be too much for mom to go from her apartment down to the dining room.

At Independence Village of Midland, residents can enjoy a wide range of activities from exciting excursions to local festivals, special celebrations, fitness classes and more! Our Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care services ensure seniors receive proper care while maintaining both privacy and independence. See for yourself what makes our residents so happy and healthy by scheduling a visit to Independence Village of Midland, today.