Villa De Rose Retirement Residence - Welland, ON

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Villa DeRose is the only place that I know that has a beautiful atrium. Always clean and the staff are very friendly and knowledgeable

Villa de Rose is excellent!!

We have been very happy with the service and attention that the staff provide at Villa de Rose. Our family member has received outstanding care from all the staff and administration and we would recommend this residence highly. Our family member has been very content there and we are particularly appreciative of the dedication of all staff members. It is a bright, cheery, welcoming setting with many varied activities, visitors and events to keep residents happy!

Stay Clear!

Please consider carefully as this home has a SERIOUS BED BUG problem! They are in several units and are not being eradicated sufficiently to prevent them from moving through the home and into other units! The building and units may look nice, clean and updated but it is not all good! Fresh paint and new carpeting will not stop a bed bug infestation. It is too bad because many of the front line staff are amazing, caring and considerate people but many top notch staff have left over the last year or two which is very unfortunate. Keep looking as price is not always the only important factor. Quality of life and Peace of Mind are more important!

My Mom's move to Villa De Rose

I am pleasantly surprised at how happy my Mom living here as I had to move her from another retirement home 2 months ago because of financial reasons. Due to the decrease of [removed] dollars per month I was expecting somewhat a lower quality of service in regard to food and perhaps staff but have found the the exact opposite, am so pleased with the quality of the meals and the staff are amazing. I am also so impressed and thankful at how caring and sincere the staff are with the residents. They have made my Mom feel very welcome. You are proof that retirement living doesn't have to put someone in financial difficulties, you make it affordable and enjoyable.

Mary Lou,

Thank you for the kind words and we are delighted to hear that your mom is enjoying her stay.

Property was very welcoming, entrance light and bright with huge atrium. All hallways overlook atrium which is a great and unique feature.

Rooms were bright and have windows to the hall and atrium.

Our contact was pleasant and answered all our questions.

This property will be definitely on our short list.

Dustin Gibson

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your tour. If you require anything, please do not hesitate to contact us.

I don't know what we would've done without them!!

We moved Mom into Villa from the hospital 2 years ago, after being told that she was no longer safe in her own home. She had a lovely one bedroom suite. We cannot say enough good things about the staff at this facility or the care provided by same. The staff always treated Mom with courtesy and kindness, which at times must have been challenging. The food was exceptional and the facility was always clean and well kept.
After a hip fracture and a long hospital stay, it was decided by LHIN that Mom would be returned to Villa until placement in a Long Term Care Facility became available. LHIN hired three different agencies to provide all the care that Mom needed and it looked great on paper. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work in the real world. The care that was to be provided by these three agencies was more often than not, less than stellar and at times nonexistent. Fortunately for us the nursing staff at Villa stepped up every time and provided the care whenever the PSW’s from other agencies didn’t show up or didn’t properly care for Mom. When Villa De Rose phoned to see where the employee that was to be getting Mom’s food and taking care of her was, she was told by the agency that the person was at that location, because her GPS showed her there, the Villa De Rose employee went out to the parking lot and found her sitting in her car and suggested that she get upstairs and take care of her patient. We were living in a nightmare and wouldn’t have survived it, had it not been for the staff at Villa De Rose. [Removed], the Clinical Director, was a wonderful source of support and a tremendous advocate in helping to get Mom into a Long Term Care Facility and also assisted in dealing with the three agencies when Mom had issues such as substandard or nonexistent care. [Removed] phoned them every time she received a report from her staff and spoke to the Managers, trying to solve the problem and prevent it from happening again. She always held them accountable. It’s people like this that you want in your corner when you are stuck in a bed for 24 hours a day. We feel blessed that Mom had the staff from Villa De Rose looking after her, especially knowing that what they were doing for us wasn’t in their job description, they did it because they care!!!
If you are looking for an independent living facility, I would highly recommend Villa De Rose. I’m sure you won’t be sorry.

Facility is in the middle of beneficial renovations. Both staff and residents were very welcoming.

Dustin Gibson

Thank you for your review! Since your review, we have completed our renovations and added our second elevator. If you have not seen the completed renovation, please stop in sometime soon and take a look!

My husbands care in a respite accomodation.

In the 2 months that I have been involved with this facility I have no bad reviews to make. Thank you. I look forward to my association with them for future months.

Dustin Gibson

Thank you for your review. We hope that your husband enjoyed his respite stay with us.

Safe haven for 2 seniors

Reasonable rates for attractive accommodations. This was the only 2 bedroom available in a large area for such a price point. The 2 residents tell me that the food is quite good and the staff is friendly, competent, and helpful. The only drawback is the fact that there is only one elevator to serve four floors. Since most residents have walkers this makes for line-ups at certain times such as meal time. Otherwise the 4 storey atrium and modern decor makes for very pleasant surroundings. The array of activities seems to be quite good at this time.

Dustin Gibson

Thank you for your review. Since your review, we have now installed a second elevator that services all floors. We hope that you come by when you get the chance and see all our completed renovations to our residence!

Villa De Rose Retirement Residence is located in the “Rose City” of Welland, Ontario. The Retirement Residence is an integral part of a neighbourhood located near the recreational Welland Canal, co-host to the 2015 Pan American Games.

Centrally located within the Niagara Region, Villa De Rose Retirement Residence offers the flexibility of taking a day trip to see Niagara Falls, travelling 40 minutes to Niagara-on-the-Lake to visit award-winning vineyards and participate in many local heritage events, visit antique stores, or watch local theatre events at the Shaw Festival.

Villa De Rose Retirement Residence ensures the well-being and satisfaction of residents by providing a complete range of quality services and care options, a dining room with a variety of meal options, and a great selection of recreational activities. We offer a stimulating and enriching environment in which we respect your personal autonomy, while providing attention to both your personal needs and interests.