Waterford Manor - Brooklyn Park, MN

Catholic services, 24/7 nursing close by, one bedroom two rooms with kitchnette + bathroom; no waiting fee, provide own furniture

They are working to improve things

The food is excellent. We have had some concerns in regard to when and what medications my loved one is receiving. Some of the medical technicians are not as friendly as others. Some of the caregivers are efficient, nice and friendly. They do offer some activities, however this does not seem like an active community. They do offer transportation, unfortunately if there are not enough residents signed up they will cancel the trip. We are pleased with this community so far.

Care for a loved one

This is a good community for my husband We like knowing that the staff are attentive to his needs of care. The community is clean and they have a good menu of healthy meals. I like knowing that the staff is trying to get him more active. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one and good value.

Needed some updating!

Waterford was another one of the communities that I toured with my loved ones and I justs did not think it was a good fit for me. The carpets were old and bumpy and the walls needed paint. The staff are friendly, it was just not appealing to us.

My dad was a mess when I visited. I asked for a washcloth, they washed his face but didn't get anything off his face, so I did it myself. Everyday they get wanilla wafers for a snack with juice, no variation. The care staff sat back in their office even with me and one other visitor present in the room. During our initial visit we were told they do three activities a day. We are not seeing this happen.

Mom's wish!

This is where mom was suppose to go then we ended up needing a different type of community. The staff is good. Mom liked this place a lot and that was what mattered. It is a older community and a little ran down, but they always had it cleaned.

A Home for Mom

This community is wonderful to my mom who is just settling in. They have a wonderful staff who are caring and always helpful to her. She is happy with the food and the choices that are available. They offer activities that she is enjoying and sometimes she is able to take small trips by bus locally. This is very nice and clean environment that I highly recommend for loving care.

Many challenges so far!

The transition into Waterford Manor has been a tough one. The community is very well kept and clean throughout. They do a good job keeping up mom's room. They offer some activities for the residents to enjoy. The community is overpriced in comparison to the care that our mom actually receives. On many occasions we have pressed the call button and someone is supposed to arrive within ten minutes. I have not seen this yet. The meals served are not very good and I have heard many residents say the same. We are hoping things will get better.

No way

Carelessness by nursing staff. Wrong meds given. Call system is a joke and tenants sit for hours. I would not recommend this place to anyone you love.

Care arrangements need some work and communication

Having not been here long, I realize that there is still an adjustment period. There are an abundance of statements/promises made with no follow through. The 'call system' for assistance either does not work well or workers do not care. We are hoping to work things out but are not impressed at this point.

I Enjoyed My Tour

My tour of this community went well, I do like this community. It is a lovely community, everything I saw looked nice and clean. The staff was very kind and courteous. They were informative and answered my questions. The way their independent living worked wasn't what I was looking for. It is a nice community with kind people.

New Director, New start for Waterford

I went to Waterford Manor for my parents and very much enjoyed the facility. I liked the setup and talked to several nice people. The New Director Rudolf is taking the place in a new direction.

I'am very pleased with this community. They are very sweet and kind. The staff is great, they are always willing to help. They keep the facility and grounds very nice and clean. I have tired some new activities. I enjoy the meals and the dining area. Overall it has been a good experience. I would recommend it.

Very nice place, great memory care activities program

We've had a very positive experience so far with Waterford Manor. The facility is clean and well kept, and all of the staff I've met have been very friendly and professional. My loved one is in their memory care unit, and I've been particularly impressed with the activities program. The activities director does a great job keeping everyone engaged and entertained!

So far so good and hopefully it will get better with time!

Its been about two months since moving Mom into the community and although it was a bit frustrating in the beginning it was a bit frustrating because it wasn't the smoothest transition. What's most important is Mom's happiness and she is very happy. Since moving in she has participated in chair yoga and cards and movie night among other things! Things that have frustrated me is having my Mom tell me that she called the nurse for a non emergency but never got a response or the fact that she has missed laundry day due to the fact that nobody told her she needs to keep her door unlocked on those days. Other than that the staff has been very responsive to me when I call and when you walk into the place it just feels like home. The food is great and Mom has actually gained some weight since being there! I'm hoping that with time things get better!

100% Satisfied

My husband and I moved into the Waterford a couple of months ago and although it's taken some getting used to it's been a great experience so far. The staff are nice and friendly and beyond helpful. The place is very clean and the food is good! I would definitely recommend!

We are having problems.

We are having problems. The people are friendly, and the activities, and food and things are all fine. We have asked several times to have some accommodations made for safety, and we keep being told they are shorthanded. They seem to be on time with the billing though. The apartment wasn't really ready when we came in, but they never did come to clean. Even the OT people mentioned that someone needs to come clean. We thought at first it was just the transition, but it hasn't smoothed out. We chose it because of how friendly the people were, and how ideal the location for us.

Very nice independent living community!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out with Waterford Manor! It's a clean, nice looking community, and everyone seems very friendly! My only complaint is that there has been a bit of a learning curve in terms of knowing who to contact regarding specific issues, which I feel they could clear up with some sort of orientation packet. But otherwise we're very happy with the place!

On a downhill slide

My parents lived here for a year mostly in the memory care wing. My father passed away during this time. I just moved my mom yesterday to a different residency. Staffing ratio, quality and quantity of activities has changed and not for the better. The new director talks a good talk but tells you what you want to hear and that's all. Nursing is good and we had 2 wonderful care givers but they don't have the tools needed to keep their residents active. You can't have residents wandering halls, sleeping in chairs and put in front of tv to watch cartoons most of day. On a upside the employees are very friendly and make you feel at home.

They make it easy!

Waterford Manor has a marvelous staff who are friendly and helpful. They also provide transportation to local stores and church.

Great Place To Live

I toured several facilities and found The Waterford to be a wonderful place. The staff and people there were very helpful and friendly. The are lots of activities for residents. Convenient transportation to church, grocery store etc. are provided. The apartments are older but nice and maintained. Sidewalks are ice free and parking facilities are cleaned. The are nice courtyards and places to walk when it is nice outside. The staff is courteous and very caring.

Homey and Welcoming

I really liked the homey feel of this place. The minute I walked in I felt welcomed. It smelled good and there were lots of happy people and activities going on in the lobby. Mom really likes the small aviary where she can come and see the birds every day. Nice, spacious apartments with lots of natural lighting.

Older but, Affordable!

It's an older place, which means it's affordable. My mom is in an apartment here and it's great.

Going fine

Everything is going fine here. The people here are terrific. The staff treats us like we are family here. The facility is always clean and well organized. They have enough activities here to keep the residents entertained.

Friendly and Nice

The people that work here are very, very friendly and nice and answer any questions that I have. The other people who live here are also very nice and I feel very safe. It was a big experience because I had lived on my own for 39 years before moving here, but I can't think of anything they could do better.

We love it.

We love it. No complaints at all so far. They were the most reasonable of all the places we looked at. For everything included we thought it was a very good value. I would give them a five.

not favorable

I HAVE lived here for a year. I got here just before new management took over. Since then in less than a year they have lost too many quality people. I am afraid what the next year holds. I am the youngest resident here and feel sorry for the older residents. [removed]

Waterford Manor was the place for our mom. Unfortunately, due to her open wound for abscess drainage, they were unable to accept her due to licensing issues. They could not even accommodate us even if we were to have an outside in-home care nursing service come in (who would be licensed) to dress the wound twice a day. We were very disappointed, as the facility was very nice. The services that are provided would have been a great fit for our mom.

I would absolutely recommend this place..

The Waterford Manor has been great. The previous place I was at does not compare this place. I have been here for about a month and a half. Everything has been going really good. The place is nice. Everyone is friendly. The staff is helpful and willing to answer any questions. I would absolutely recommend this place. I am very pleased with the Waterford Manor. It is an excellent community. Five Stars.

Nice place

Activities here are great. At the moment the nursing staff is undergoing a few changes. Food is good. I found this the best fit for my parents after visiting numerous facilities. I liked that they have separate building for indepenant and assisted living. Had numerous health problems 2 weeks after moving in, they were very accomidating. I have found that the follow through isn't always done to my satisfaction. After a few months I am overall very satisfied.

new owners such

we loved this place 2 years ago. since the new owners took over a year ago the rates have went through the roof. in 12/ 6/ 2014 until now 3/6/2015 the rates went up $800. we are looking for a new place to live

Nice place to live.

Nice and friendly community.

New To The Waterford

My wife has been at the Waterford Manor Assisted Living Community for a little more than 2 months now, and so far I have been very pleased with the choice. The friendliness of the staff is one thing I noticed right away... and still do! I am impressed with the quality of the nursing care and the creative activities that are part of every day life at the Waterford. The physical surroundings are warm and inviting, and the cuisine is exceptional.

So far it's going pretty well.

So far it's going pretty well. They are a little slow to respond if there is some maintenance needed, or if there is a question. It's clean and everything, but in the townhouses, they don't see too many of the staff. It would be nice if they got a calendar each month or week that let them know when things were happening, so they could attend the activities, or use the transportation. Other than that I haven't heard any complaints and things are going well.

good experience

They really stay on top of things at Waterford Manor, and stay in touch with the residents. They get to really know the residents personally, which creates a genuine feeling of belonging.

I can't really think of much they could do to improve.

nice place

Waterford Manor is a very nice place. We only toured and did not end up choosing them, but from the experience that I had when we toured I would give them a very favorable rating.

The only thing I did not care for about it is that it is kind of in a bad part of town, and that just made me a little nervous.

So far I'm pretty happy.

This is all new so it's an adjustment, but so far I think things are going pretty well. I don't have anything in particular that is a concern. They keep it pretty clean, and the staff is nice. They keep in touch with me and we are working out all the details of the care plan. So far I'm pretty happy.

It's going okay so far.

It's going okay so far. The staff is friendly. The food has been about a four, it's pretty good. I would like to see the maintenance catch up on some of the things that need done. We have some maintenance issues we are still waiting to have resolved.

A reason to choose Waterford

Waterford Manor was a great choice for my mom. The staff was super friendly and helpful and always called me if something came up. The food is the greatest and the variety of menu items was super. There was always a activity going on to keep residents busy and the staff really gets to know their residents and treats them like family.

Nice place overall, could do a better job with cleaning

I've had a good experience here overall. The people here are friendly, both the residents and the staff. The food they serve is good, although it must be picked up from the assisted living section, which can be quite a walk from the independent living portion for those with movement difficulties. The other issue I have is that I believe they could do a much better job keeping things clean around the facility.

This one is my second choic...

This one is my second choice. I liked that it's not too large like the other ones I visited. Smaller community to get to meet new friends, yet the patio and setting areas for private time. Very close to their current neighborhood is a big plus. We visited one evening for dinner and the food and service was exceptional. I like that they have a nurse care center so if my dad's health becomes worse they are both in the same complex. Cost was a little high, but still very nice.

This is a great place.

They had a new manager take over, There are concerns with the changing of the staff schedules, and there was some turnover, and I know some of the staff isn't happy with that either. I chose it based partly on price point, as well as how clean, and welcoming, and how good the care was. They are pretty strict about making sure they can take care of your loved one. They had a good system. The care coordinator asked me a lot of questions, and I could tell they were interested in making sure it was a good fit. One thing that was helpful to me was, understanding the base price for the room price, and then a care level. They are pretty accommodating with their different living options.

The location is great and I...

The location is great and I liked the semi-privacy of the memory care rooms. Lovely terrace area to sit outside in safety, nice grounds for walking.

Insufficent supervision

Waterford Manor did not provided the close supervision of mom as promised. We had to withdraw her from this facility after only a couple of days.

Would like to Move

My mother and I visited the Waterford manor back in September and found that everything we were looking for in the community was a match for my mother and her care needs. If we decided today she fell right at home, the Cleanliness and care services is what were looking for along with the freindliness.

No handicapped bathrooms.

No handicapped bathrooms.

We have had a good experience.

We have had a good experience. The caregivers are what really stand out to us, they are really friendly and personable. The community is clean and the services are good.

Overall very good, with some issues

I helped some acquaintances locate this community when they were searching, and so far they seem pleased with it. It is a clean, nice looking place, and the staff are very friendly. The activities provided could use a bit more variety, the community they came from had a lot more music related activities which they are missing here.

We loved Waterford

Both of my husband's grandmothers lived there, both started in the assisted living portion then one moved to the third floor memory care. The staff there treated them like they were family and they were always treated with upmost respect. There were lots of activities through out the day and everyone was encouraged to participate. Most of my time was spent visiting the memory care unit and it was always clean and inviting. The staff working there are the kindest most gentle group of people. Both of the grandmas passed away very recently, on the same day. The staff was very supportive and lots of help getting everything organized. You could tell they were truly sad to lose these great ladies. They are putting together a memorial service there for all of the people who were their friends and who helped care for them to get the closure they need. This place is top notch.

A Huge help!

As soon as I contacted A Place for Mom, I received several options for places in our area, then received contact information from each of the places. Everyone was extremely helpful and gave me alot of information, either by phone or on-line. From this, I was able to narrow the list down and found a great fit for my mother. We will be moving her in within the week to Waterford Manor. We found a wonderful and welcoming atmosphere with an endless number of activities at an affordable price. I hope she will be very happy there!

Beautiful Townhouses

The Waterford was okay but because my mother-in-law was in a townhouse so she didn't feel that she was part of a community. She moved out to be closer to the family. The place itself, the townhouse, was extremely nice. It was a very nice two bedroom. They did have meals. Part of her deal was one meal a month. Since she was in the townhouse part and not in the assisted living she had to walk outside to get to the main building. That part wasn't very user friendly for elderly people. She had to walk outside to get her mail and to get to the meals and activities so I don't believe she participated in any activities while she was there.

Not Impressed

I just looked at it but what I didn't like about it was that it was dingy. There was nothing showing for activities or meals. I was there for an hour and 20 minutes and the residents were still waiting for the exercise director to come do exercises with them.

To far away from where we r...

To far away from where we really want to be. Nice place though.

My Parents are Happy Here

As far as I know, it's good. My parent's aren't complaining. It's a little bit different for them and it's taken some time to get used to - my mom is used to being in a house.

Everything seems to be going very well for them. Everybody there is very nice and helpful. The people that live there are wonderful. The whole family has made friends with the people there. It's a good place. My parents like the grounds and the waterfall and the ice cream shop - they do date nights there.

clean and welcoming. no smells throu...

clean and welcoming. no smells throughout complex. staff were welcoming and friendly. residents were out and about for the duration of visit and welcoming as well. space was good. activities were in abundance location was perfect. had what both my dad and mom would need now and in the future

The director could not have been more...

The director could not have been more accomedating. The staff is cheery and the overall setting is professional yet homey. I like the idea that they have everything from living on your own to hospise care. The activities in the memory care unit are excellent and beeing a small group the staff really will get to know the residents. I believe that this would be a good place for my dad and possibly my mother in the townhouses.

If I was the one looking and 20 years...

If I was the one looking and 20 years older, I would choose the Waterford. All options are here.

Mom and stepdad both went for a visit...

Mom and stepdad both went for a visit yesterday. Top of list so far. They thought the facility and staff were wonderful and they love the location. Probably tops the list for them.

I toured Wednesday with Mom & Dad and...

I toured Wednesday with Mom & Dad and The Waterford housing director, Brad. I like the people here very much. M&D loved this place. The one-level townhomes that are beautiful. Right on the campus, w/access to all amenities and activities of the "community". It's beautifully cared for inside & out.

Friendly and lots of resources. AL ap...

Friendly and lots of resources. AL apartments are small, only 1 bdrm. IL apartments are just over 1K sq ft for 2bdrm. Would want to get an IL apartment close to restaurant, otherwise it's a long walk. AL apartments currently available, but that may change as we get into Summer and moving season. IL is $1K/month. AL is under $4K/Month.

The Waterford Manor has been carefully designed to reflect the warmth and personality of those who make it their home. Adjacent to a park, The Waterford campus encompasses a wildlife refuge, expansive grounds with paved walking paths and lovely gardens.

The Waterford welcomes you with caring staff to meet your needs 24 hours a day. We offer health related services on site, weekly light housekeeping and an activity program that is second to none!

There is always something delicious waiting in the Crystal Room restaurant. Open 7 days a week 365 days a year, guests and residents will enjoy “made from scratch” home-style meals in an elegant dining setting.

For a personal tour that will make you want to make The Waterford your home, please call today!!

City Info

Brooklyn Park, Minnesota's sixth-largest city, is situated on the bank of the Mississippi River and offers numerous recreational opportunities, a variety of local amenities, and an array of senior living options.

- Brooklyn Park has a walkability score of 24, so most errands require the use of a vehicle.
- The population of the city is roughly 80,000 and the average age of residents is 32.
- Seniors enjoy a wide variety of housing options to suit their needs, preferences, and lifestyle. The city is home to nearly 200 senior living communities, including group homes, independent and assisted living communities, and memory care facilities.
- Brooklyn Park residents enjoy four distinct seasons. The warmest month of the year is July, when temperatures reach into the low 80s, and the coldest month of the year is January, where single-digit temperatures are common. The city sees approximately 32 inches of rain and 26 inches of snow each year, and there are 193 sunny days on average each year.
- The city is home to the Brooklyn Park Veterans Center, which helps connect veterans with valuable resources.

Transportation

Brooklyn Park residents enjoy a reliable public transportation network that makes it easy for them to be involved in their community and enjoy everything that the city has to offer.

- Buses: MetroTransit.
- Trains: Light Rail Transit.
- Taxi Service: Yellow Cab, Cities Taxi, and A-Team Taxi.
- Rideshare Services: Uber.

Health and Wellness

Brooklyn Park has numerous hospitals and medical centers located in and around the area, ensuring seniors have access to necessary medical care and support.

- Prairie Care

- Allina Health Brooklyn Park Clinic

- MedExpress Urgent Care

- Brooklyn Care Center

- Fairview Clinics - Brooklyn Park

Sports and Leisure

Active seniors love taking advantage of the recreational amenities that the city has to offer, including its numerous nearby golf courses, tennis courts, and fitness centers.

- Gyms: Planet Fitness, Anytime Fitness, and LA Fitness.
- Golf Courses: Edinburough Golf Course, Brookland Golf Course, and Brooklyn Park Golf Course.
- Parks and Community Centers: Hartkopf Park, Brooklyn Park Community Activity Center, Central Park, and River Park.
- Tennis Court: Holmes Park Tennis Court.

Shopping and Entertainment

Brooklyn Park residents enjoy a quiet, small-town environment with a variety of chain stores and restaurants, quaint boutiques, and unique cafes nearby.

- Clothing and Department Stores: Target, JCPenney, Rainbow Shops, and Goodwill.

- Grocers and Pharmacies: Walgreens, CVS, Dragon Star Supermarket, Cub Foods, Festival Foods, Hy-Vee, Aldi, and Walmart Supercenter.

- Restaurants: Fiesta Cancun Mexican Grill, Applebee's, Hy-Vee Market Grille, Arby's, Fat Chance Sandwich Shop, Wendy's, Burger King, Subway, White Castle, and Taco Bell.

- Movie Theater: Regal Brooklyn Center Stadium 20.

- Libraries: Brooklyn Park Library, Brookdale Library, and Osseo Library.

Religious Facilities

Brooklyn Park is home to people of all faiths and offers numerous religious communities for people of all walks of life.

- St. Vincent DePaul Catholic Church