Tradition - Brooklyn Park, MN

Living life well is what Tradition is all about.

Tradition is a rental community offering Independent and Assisted Living for mature residents who appreciate the finer things in life. Professionally managed and meticulously maintained, beautiful both inside and out, making it a premier choice for anyone seeking a quality and caring residence. Our residents enjoy the comforts, care and peace of mind found in being part of a community that’s been designed to foster and support well-rounded physical, social and spiritual lifestyles.

Let our caring staff enhance your life - It's our Tradition.

My great home

I am happy living here in this community. The staff is always caring and helpful. They do offer activities here and I try and have the time to participate. The community is very clean and well maintained. I would recommend other families to this community for a great place to live and a good value.

I'am Doing Well Since My Move to This Community

I'am doing pretty well since my move to this community. So far it has been a lovely experience, and I'am happy with my move here. They have a great staff here. They have help me adjust to the routine around the community, and they are very friendly. The meals are great. It is a little expensive, but it is worth it. This is a community I would recommend.

The perfect place!

Such a challenge to find the perfect place for your Parent!
We were very much impressed by Tradition. The apartment we chose has a balcony which is unheard of in assisted living. Fresh air when the weather permits. Talk about convenience, I was so happy to see the laundry room right in her apartment. Tradition has a fabulous chef and I hear nothing but praise regarding the food that is served there. My Mom feels like she is going to a five star restaurant at every meal.
We never have to worry about decisions we need to make as there is competent advice at every turn. Out in the community I hear nothing but positive remarks regarding Tradition. Yes, I know we made the right decision in choosing Tradition! I highly recommend this fabulous place

Not yet!

This is a very nice community. Residents are out and doing things. The staff is friendly and helpful and knowledgeable. It just was a little far and expensive.

They offer daily activities!

The staff are friendly. I liked the food, however mom only likes some of it. They offer some variety of choices. The community is well maintained and I would recommend this community. The only small issue we have is there is a dispute with the cable company and she has not been able to receive this service.

I have lived at Tradition for 11 years. There have been changes in policies and staff but the changes have usually been an improvement. The staff is friendly and caring. The food is great! We have residents that also care for each other. The staff really tries to make each day special for us.

Tradition had been our home for 2 1/2 years and I can't imagine living anywhere else. The staff is friendly and very helpful. There is always something going on so you are never lonely. Food is great and they go out of their way if you have any dietary restrictions. One of my favorite amenities is a washer and dryer in each apartment.

Needed Better Communication!!

When my loved one first moved into the community the communication was not very good. I did however appreciate that when my mother fell down they got in quick direct contact with me. The staff is nice and the community is always kept clean. I felt that my mother was safe and in good hands.

Everyday Things Get Better

My parents are slowly adjusting to this community, but so far everything is going pretty well. It is a good looking community, they do a good job with the cleanliness. They have a very good staff here, they are very nice. The food is excellent, and that is impressive considering my mother is a very picky eater. There are activities offered for the residents. I know they safe and in good hands here. This is a community I would recommend.

Wonderful Choice

I am thrilled we found this senior apartment for mom. Everyone there; staff and residents, are so very nice. The apartments are very quiet, there are many activities to partake in, and the chef has been excellent and very accommodating to mom's gluten free and diary free diet. She is very happy we found this new home for her !!

Our Experience With Tradition of Brooklyn Park

We reviewed numerous senior living apartments in the NW suburban area to assess the amenities and visited many that we had reviewed. We wanted to chose a place for Mom that not only offered great amenities, affordable care and comfortable living space but more importantly to us, a loving and caring staff. We know that those who work in the senior care industry are very special people who not only are doing their jobs but they all really care for the seniors entrusted to their care. We found that the staff at Tradition seemed to be above the rest! As a family, we all felt that there was something extra special about the Tradition staff and the care and concern that we observed during our visits from ALL staff members. Our Mom enjoyed living there, felt safe and liked everyone there. The food is exceptional! The dining room staff treated their guests as you would expect at a top rated restaurant.

Our family only has wonderful things to say about Tradition! We highly reccommend it for any senior.

I would recommend Tradition to family and friends!!!

My parents are settling in nicely at this community. Mom is a little more involved in the activities offered. They have a garden community for the residents to participate in. The staff are friendly and have been great. The community is well taken care of. The food is good and one of the reason they chose to move there.

Review of Tradition - Brooklyn Park, MN

The staff at Tradition is excellent - in fact, I always wonder where they find such good ones. The apartments are very adequate. Perhaps we could get fewer options at dinner and have the price more reasonable. The meals are very good. I have been here three years and hope to stay a while longer.

Review of Tradition-Brooklyn Park, Mn

We left our home of 57 years and moved to Tradition. We've been here since September 5, 2015 and have felt very much at home. Everyone, staff included, has been so friendly and helpful. We feel so comfortable here because we were able to bring almost everything from our home and we could put up on the walls everything we wanted to. The dining room is wonderful and the food is great, good service and all. I hear there are lots of activities to keep us busy if we want-puzzles, painting, cards, and bingo.

Happy and content

I love my apartment and have felt at home since the day I moved in. I have a 2 bedroom a deck and my own laundry room (a big plus). I can relax and stay in my apartment or take part of the many wonderful activities , have guests over or go out for lunch and shopping . A wonderful clean parking under the building and easily accessible. Everyone is very friendly including the great staff that is wìllìng to assist you. The food is scrumptious and very adequate and served to you very professional and the servers are so very friendly and helpful. I feel safe and secure here and have not regretted moving here. My family loves the place also and happy for me . The halls are well let and kept clean. I also find it very quiet in my place and no disturbances . I was able to keep my place cool in hot weather and warm in winter. Since I am a snow bird, it was nice to leave and not worry about anything happening to my ápartment.n

Our new life in apartment living.

We can say that the staff at Tradition all strive for excellence. Our comfort and needs are met with enthusiasm and a desire to care for every detail. The apartmeent was in excellent condition when we moved in. Our desire to enter into the life of apartment living has been an enjoyable experience. We hope to stay here for many years and would recommend to our friends.

A great place to be!

I work in the Healthcare industry and have had the pleasure of working with residents at Tradition. The entire staff cares so deeply for their residents and it shows. From the time they move in they are treated like family. I would highly recommend this facility for anyone looking for senior housing.

Tradition - Brooklyn Park, MN

After 30 years in a 5 level townhome I lost my wife of 58 years. The townhome was too big and my family and I decided to downsize. My daughter in law and I visited about 8 locations to find a new location for me. The whole family and I were impressed with Tradition from our first looks. We are really pleased with my choices, as the staff and facility are better than I could have looked for. I have recommended it to several people. The meals are great.

Nice Place

My parents have been living at Traditions for 4 months. They really like the people and the staff. My parents had to make a few adjustments and Traditions was very helpful and willing to make the changes. They enjoy the food and all the activities offered. And the bonus is their apartment is 2 bedroom with 2 bathrooms. That was important to them. A quote from my dad "I'm very happy here."

Just like home

Last spring my sister and I where looking for a place for my parents to live as they both dementia. My father also has mobility issues and uses a walker. He needed a handy cap bathroom facilities! The day we went to look at different assisted living places Tradition was the first place we looked at .As soon as we walked in it felt like home! We had several other places to check out that day, just to make sure we covered all options Then we decided to take our parents to our first choice and they loved it. That day we where treated to free lunch. They have a full service restaurant that serves three meals a day.The food was excellent! As resident you get 10 meals a month included in your rent.The apartment layout is excellent, not super big but great for two people! There is a patio door and balcony.,which brings the outdoors in. The apartment is full of light . The halls/pathways are wheel chair friendly! Plenty of storage. The best thing for my mom was that she had a dishwasher and a laundry room! The staff has been awesome and so helpful! Special kudos to Jennifer and Brian (head chef)!

Great grounds, activities and community. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Bright and open floor plans. Reasonable rates. Loved the dining options and availability - Even got to meet with the chef personally to discuss specific meal plan. Mom is moving in!

Unresponsive and high turnover

Extremely confusing billing structure to the point of inability to investigate discrepancies. Lack of communication and or caring about problems in general. Staff turnover constantly and residents as well, some employees confided in me and urged us to reevaluate their service. Parking is bad as indicated by relatives having to park in the street on some occasions because employees parked in the front lot. When brought to their attention again it fell on deaf ears. Poisonous hand sanitizer on each table in the restaurant of which they were notified twice only to have nothing done. Residents medication on the floor of the nurses office ( I picked up one and set it in front of her with no response five minutes later I picked another and did the same with no response ) My general opinion is the upper management is and continuing to hire the cheapest labor they can find to make their bottom line their main objective. Since Ive complained all of the sudden my Mother in law has been deemed unsafe and has less than a week to move. seems she was fine to live there for the 10 days after her incident but as of this meeting today she is not.
The director couldnt even look me in the face because I insinuated that she was only worried about occupancy levels over patient safety . The restaurant staff and the food has always been excellent and has always presented themselves in the most professional manner.

positive experience

Overall it has been a positive experience at Tradition.

Husbands mom is happy and content.

My husbands mom is here. I think she is happy for the most part. I haven't heard of any issues or complaints, she seems perfectly content there. So far so good.

What happened in the last 3 months?

My parents moved in to their apartment in May 2014. When they moved in, the place wasn't even 1/2 full, within 4 months, they complex is full to my understanding. We liked the location (closer to my house), the ala carte assistance menu, the nursing staff, the restaurant, everything. The apartments come with all the appliances and they are newer! the bathrooms are huge and room for a walker/wheelchair/power chair. The apartment even comes with full size washer and dryer in the unit! And, if the staff doesn't see your folks for a day, ie going to get the mail, visiting with others, they will do a 'check' on them (huge peace of mind!). Another reason we chose this local is there is smoking allowed on grounds in designated areas. Now, in the past couple months they have changed the management team and the restaurant staff? My folks were on the 30 meals a month program and the food used to be nummy! able to order off a menu if you didn't like was was offered as main course. Well, i found out end of Sept 2014 that the food is tasting horrible and they won't even go get take out from there as it's 'nasty' as my mom calls is. Now, they used to have an on site Chef, i think that person is gone. Mom said the restaurant used to be packed at all meals, that they even had to bring in new tables and chairs to accommodate everyone; now, she said there is plenty of room in the dining room because no one eats there anymore. Activities are abundant. The new director moved the smoking area to a different location, but that is fine, as long as these seniors who moved in and are smokers can still smoke on grounds, they are adults after all. My mom said he isn't very friendly, not like Dale A. was. Maintenance for repairs in the apartment are slow. Their garbage disposal quit working...there was electrical current going. they put in a notice, and at 8am, maintenance showed up with scheduling an appointment. Also, they have been waiting for maintenance for 2 months to remove a burnt out light bulb in the main bathroom because it was 'jammed' in there. As of today 10/10/2014, still not pulled. we'll supply our own light bulbs...but, if we remove the bulb that is in there, it will break the fixture. We also get housekeeping 2x a month to help mom. Well, they are 'adequate'. the scrub the floors, vacuum and scrub toilets and tubs. dusting...which is to be included...don't hold your breath for them to dust. Also, a lot of the staff have very thick accents and it's difficult for hard of hearing seniors to understand. so, from the time we first viewed the place in march of 2014 we would have scored them a 10 out of 10..now...maybe a 6 out of 10.

This was just an average experience.

This was just an average experience. I feel like the staff was overworked and in some cases, they were too busy to be bothered with other issues. It seems like everyone had too much to do, to give my mom what she needed. They had a lot of turnover and that was concerning to me as well.

A living facility that allows one to be an individual

If you would like a comfortable apartment with complete kitchen and laundry facilities in your own spacious living quarters, then this is the place for you.

You can be totally independent, ,eat all your meals in a fine dining room or receive assistance and have your meals delivered. This will mean additional costs for you

The staff and the residents are friendly and helpful. We genually like our home and friends here.

Great size for the price

The apartment is larger than other units seen for the price and has a full kitchen and accessible bathroom. Although it also has a washer and dryer in the apartment, I don't see it being used much. Staff has made this process very easy.

Very Impressive

We toured the facility last weekend, they are in the process of repairs and repainting due to a water main issue from this past winter. My parents fell in love with it immediately. Everyone is so gracious as are other tenants. They made my parents feel welcome from the first tour. We were able to rent the apartment they desired 4 days later. Staff are amazing and are all about the benefit of the residents being 'at home' 'comfortable' and reassuring! Mom and Dad can even grow tomatoes in planters on their patio! We are impressed with the whole picture!

We did not care for it.

We did not care for it.

It's Just Fine

It is a lot of money, it is fine. I have nothing to compare it with. I like the way that they have the food, if you want to eat there or here or whatever, it's an option. I can't think of anything that they could do better. There is a lot of things going on here. It is fine for me at this point.

Very nice facility. Clean. Friendly s...

Very nice facility. Clean. Friendly staff. Newer facility; only been lived in about two years. Very nice apartments (originally planned to be condos). Nice location. Lots of activities. Very knowledgeable staff. Remain in same apartment and add services as necessary.

Also recommended.

Also recommended.

Great place. Like the options!

Great place. Like the options!

WOW! Patient and family centered car...

WOW! Patient and family centered care! This facility is beautiful. This is the place for her! Gorgeous apartments. Great space. The bathroom is huge, custom installation of all safety rails to her size. Laundry facilities in her room. This was the only facility that had this option. She will have her own balcony. I can see her getting fresh air during the months when she can have her door open. Wayfinding. The facility was easy to navigate. MD house calls. Beauty salon... Med management. This is worth every penny to me for peace of mind. Activities off site. The dining options. Chef's on site, all fresh food. This is so wonderful. The dining experience, or "going out". It's perfect. The people, everyone was so helpful.