Washington Commons - Bridgeville, PA

Not impressed

The staff did a nice job with my tour, they showed me around and answered my question. I just felt that it was an older building and needed some updating and that they were not staffed well and it did not seem that it was secure enough. I did not think that this community would be the best fit for my mother.

Garbage

This place is a total [Removed]. My grandmother was here until she passed. We had no choice with her financial situation. We went to visit every chance we could (at least once a week). There were 3 separate occasions where she fell an no one had contacted our family until the hospital she was taken to called us. The sewers backed up in her room and she & the 2 other ladies were never moved out during this. There were times we found suspicious bruising on her. Our checks were misplaced & we were never able to get a hold of anyone via telephone. It's a shame that my parents both work full time jobs or else we they would of taken her home.

I'm not bashing everyone who worked there because there were a few really nice staff members that did interact with my grandmother, but as far as the higher ups, there's a special place in hell for you.

New Management at Washington Commons

I am the new Administrator at Washington Commons. We have made many changes to the management staff since January 2017. Both our residents and resident families are very happy with the changes we have implemented. I'd like to share some of the recent comments we have gotten from family members of residents:

"Washington Commons staff is very caring and attentive to the residents and the family."

"It was a hard decision, but ultimately moving Dad to Washington Commons was the best move to make for him. He really likes the facility."

"Mom is much happier there than she was at home. She is even eating better than she has in years."

I would like to invite you to come tour our facility and talk to our residents & staff. I am looking forward to meeting you and showing you the many reasons why I think Washington Commons may be the right choice for your loved one!

Friendly staff-good value

My family Just toured Washington Commons. We found it to be clean and the staff was friendly. I was given a copy of the activity calendar which had lots of activities that I think my grandmother would enjoy. The residents & employees seemed happy.
The Administrator was informative and empathetic. The front desk receptionist remembered our names and said goodbye to us as we were leaving (by our names). All in all we were impressed with this facility, especially for the price, which was reasonable.

my father in law was in there for a month and they required a deposit for the second month, that was 9 months ago and still no refund.we call and they say the check is in the mail.i would think twice for putting your loved one in there. looks like we will have to get other action to settle this problem.

Filing lawsuit against

Stay away, poorly run facilities and administration is incompetent. Unfortunately, have to file lawsuit for a return of security deposit as this facility is in breach of their own contract.

You never can get in touch with site administrator, voicemail full, and most staff have nothing but negative things to say about this facility,actually quite embarrassing and uncomfortable when the employees are talking about the administration.

smells

The place smells like urine and no one looked happy. The nurses were rude and it was just depressing. I toured there and went elsewhere. I would not move your family here

My uncle put my grandmother in this dump

This place smells disgusting. The staff to resident ratio is low. There is a problem with flies in the residents rooms due to unsanitary conditions. I would not put my loved one in this place.

Good Experience

My god mother is there. The administrator is wonderful. My god mother is not happy but I don't think she would be happy anywhere but home so it's not a reflection of Washington Commons, it's her.

It's clean and seems to be well run. It's been a good experience. For how hard of a situation this is, they were wonderful.

Washington Commons is privately owned and operated. The grounds rest on a serene suburban Street in Bridgeville. Our staff provides quality, compassionate care.
Washington Commons offers all the comforts of home with private, semi-private and triple rooms, large spacious dining room, fenced in courtyard, beauty shop.
We believe that an active mind and body are essential to good health. We encourage residents to participate in our broad range of programs which includes crafts, games and parties. Choosing a personal care is an important decision.
If you would like more information please give us a call.