Walnut Woods of Boyertown - Boyertown, PA

Sales/reality disconnect

This facility is for independent living and so there are no care services. Meals are provided and the food is generally good but sometimes in limited amount. Housekeeping is provided and the facility is generally clean. The sales pitch doesn't match the reality. Make sure any commitments the facility makes are put in writing. There are rules they don't tell you about during your visits. As more than one resident has said to me, "We eat, sleep, and watch TV. That's it." So even though an activity may be listed in their program it doesn't actually happen because no one shows up. The staff is friendly one-on-one but announcements are often made in a demeaning way. Generally not worth the cost.

Helpful Tour

I had a very nice tour of this community. Everything went well, and the sales women was very helpful. The community looked nice, and well-kept. My tour guide was friendly, and informative. My questions were answered. The experience went well overall.

Too Costly For Us

The tour I had here was a good one. I thought it looked really nice but when getting information about the cost, it kept adding up. This was not going to work financially for us.

We also like Walnut Woods even though it is a bit further. This is probably the best options because it does offer meals and alot of other things in the monthly cost.

Absolutely awesome facility!

Elegant Care

I think my mom would of liked this community alittle more then where she is now. My mom would of like the elegant community that is bigger then her home. The staff was very caring and was able to answer my questions. Very beautiful and presented in a great style. They offered to help in the garden.and she enjoys working out with other residents. I would recommend this community for elegant care and a good value.

It's all about the Sale

The place is nice but the sales agent, [Removed] is pushy and manipulative. The community fee discount could've been shared with the family earlier but the agent chose to offer the $4000 discount with a 2 day deadline for signing.
From start to finish it felt like the sale was really all that mattered.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, my name is Katie and I work in the home office. I'd like to thank you for reaching out and sharing your thoughts and experience with us. We appreciate your feedback.

Pushy Sales Agent

Nice place but we had a very bad experience with the sales agent [Removed]. She was pushy and manipulative.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback with us. The staff at Walnut Woods take our reviews very seriously, so we really appreciate when folks take the time to provide us their feedback and let us know how we're doing. We are so sorry to hear this was your experience, but would love to invite you to our actual community for a visit so you can see how much we love what we do, and the passion with which we do it. I have passed your comment on to the team you spoke with, which is a different set of people than the folks at the actual community level, who are involved in the actual day-to-day. Again, we are so sorry to hear this was your experience, but warmly invite you for a visit so you can see firsthand what a fantastic community we have built and work so hard to foster here at Walnut Woods. Thanks again for sharing this feedback with us!

I am Happy, I am Glad

This community has friendly and good staff members. They provide good care and the meals that are made here taste good. They always have activities available but it is not for me. I am happy with the place and glad that I am here.

The staff was friendly, helpful and informative. The overall facility and rooms seemed clean. The food was more than acceptable in taste and portion size. The serving staff at lunch was extremely pleasant. I would certainly not hesitate to consider Walnut Woods as a place for my father. At this it is not our first choice due to location and we have found a similarly priced place with more amenities with a more convient for our family.

I found that they make promises they ...

I found that they make promises they don't intend to keep just to fill their rooms. Then they expect you to hire outside help which raises your cost tremendously. Residents I talked with also say they will say anything to fill the rooms then its your problem. The facility is nice and food is good and plentiful but unless your loved one is truely independent I would be very careful.

Visited them lat Thursday a...

Visited them lat Thursday and enjoyed the lunch, and the tour. Whoever built this thought about seniors. The halls are not that long, and the people were very friendly. They took their time, and even spoke with the chef personally. I have to consider the distance.

So far it's great.

So far it's great. She doesn't use any of the personal care. My mother loves the staff. She seems to be ok with the food, she is a fussy, healthy eater, but if she doesn't like, she can order off the menu. There were two key things that we were chasing, obviously a price point of course as she is on a fixed income, and they had a price lock for life, and the closeness to family. This has met all of our needs.

Great place!!!

Mon will not move in until this Saturday. but during the registration the folks at Walnut Woods could not have been nicer. The entire facility is spotless, her apartment is roomy and well laid out.

WALNUT WOODS IT SOULD BE CALL A GREAT PLACE FOR MOM !!!!!!!!!

Walnut woods is very helpful for the tenants. Meals are nutritious even though my mother never ate vegetables, she is there. The activities are great. I wish my mother did more of them. I believe the value for the dollar is exceptional, especially on a limited income. I would give them a five star rating.

Very Nice Place

I put a friend of mine in there. He's living there alone and is independent. So far, he's liking it. They seem to do a pretty good job of the activities. They do some road trips and seem to have good participation. The reason we chose Walnut Woods was based on the value and based on the level of service and community they have there. When I say serviced I mean the managers and everyone - they're really friendly. It's a very nice place and very comfortable.

Has good points. Lack of stove a prob...

Has good points. Lack of stove a problem.

You’ll love Boyertown’s small-town charm and natural beauty while enjoying all the big-city conveniences we have to offer. We’re just minutes away from shopping, churches, restaurants and healthcare.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind