Waldenbrooke Estates - Bryan, TX

Best Price, everything included and they treat you like Family!

Biggest apartment size of all in the area that we looked at. Has a full kitchen inside, and 3 meals a day are included in the one fee monthly price.

Office staff is very friendly and helpful, other places we visited didn't have anyone to help us.

Once price and that's all you pay per month. Newer apartments in the area were much smaller and had thousands in extra fees that were offered but not included, like meals.

People everywhere we looked doing activities, talking to the staff and each other. Most other places we went were like a sterile hospital or vacant hotel.

My mom has been happy here for several months now, and every time I visit her, the office knows my name and the staff engages in conversation with me - it's like family.

Malissa OBrian

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Waldenbrooke Estates. We strive to make our Senior Living Community here in Bryan, TX, the best place for your loved one to call HOME! We are so happy that you and your mom have chosen us! That is the BEST compliment we could ever receive.

Sincerely,
Malissa OBrian
Executive Director

VISIT SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE MOVING HERE...

APPLIANCES ARE OLD!
LOOK LIKE ORIGINAL APPLIANCES
(complex built in 1994)

PHOTOS ON WEBSITE MUST HAVE BEEN TAKEN WHEN COMPLEX WAS BUILT:

Pool needs to be resurfaced.

Sidewalks are uneven, potential tripping hazard for anyone using a walker.

Grass has brown spots because grass is not watered very often.

Some front doors needs to be touched up.

Assigned parking, but towing is not enforced.

Surveillance cameras are not on property,
just the camera holders.

No lights at the dog park so you can’t see where your dog poops at night.

Have to be consistent with office to get some things done.

Facility is great but food portions are smaller

I chose this facility for my Mother because it was close to not only me but also a hospital. Her apartment is really nice and it’s spacious enough for her. This facility is a great place and it fits her needs. What I really like is they have home health on site if it comes to it. For activities, they go out shopping, go to the library, play games, and put together puzzles. There is only one complaint that she has and it’s the food. She said the lunch isn’t big enough to feed a mouse. I would recommend this facility to other families.

My loved one likes living here

My Mother-in-law lives here and really enjoys it. She’s able to do physical therapy and I like the fact that they have their own transportation. The facility takes the residents out on a lot of small excursions, which I really like. I’ve heard good things about the food and, from what I understand, they have a set menu with alternate options just in case. They offer card games every day and trips to the hair dresser; there’s always something new to do. I feel safe having her here because everything seems secure and quiet. I like the girl that does all of the driving, she’s very friendly and responds in a timely manner if I have any questions. I would definitely recommend this place.

Parents Are In A Good Community

My parents are well, and I'am comfortable with their move to this facility. They are safe, and in good hands. The only issue they have been the dining service is slow. Other than that issue everything else is well. The meals are good, and they provide nice activities for the residents. Everything is working well, and this is a community I would recommend.

You can not go wrong.

We moved my mother-in-law to Waldenbrook to be closer to family. What a great choice it was. The assisted living care is wonderful. The care givers are very caring and sweet to her. The attention to detail in her medical care and insulin meds are spot on. Waldenbrook suggested that she need a pet to give her companionship, Waldenbrook staff assured us they would take care of the litter box cleaning needs. And they do ! House keeping is good and the emergency button she wears on a lanyard is responded to at once. The meals are very good and serving staff attentive. They will even deliver your meal to her apartment if she requests. Exercise classes are good for her and the care giver comes to get her and escort her both to and from. Events are regularly scheduled and again the care givers escort her, can't say enough good about them. Rating is 5 stars.

Rating

The staff is friendly and the food is good. There are many activities to choose from. It's an all-around OK place for the price

Review

Just okay. Friendly folks.

Outstanding Care

This is a excellent community. The staff is wonderful and very helpful and goes above excellence. Jamie is fantastic! Every benefit of this community is outstanding in everyway. We would highly recommend this community to other families wanting outstanding care for a loved one.

A great place to live

Waldenbrooke Estates has continually amazed our family.The staff is friendly caring , and welcoming. The meals and activities are worth the stay. When our mom had a seizure, the staff took care of her and comforted her as they waited together for the EMS to arrive. Waldenbrooke Estates staff visited her and brought a card.She is about to enter rehab with the goal to return to her apartment and friends. She has much determination to return to her home .
Thank you Waldenbrooke Estates.

old apartment complex turned into sr living. very little interaction among residents. activities spread out among 3 buildings. Bridge program to help srs who need more help. had swimming pool.

The staff at this community are fabulous!!!

My mom is doing just fine at Waldenbrooke Estates. She does not yet participate in any of the activities offered. She does not complain about the food. The community is kept clean and I would recommend it.

Great place, I'd live there!

Waldenbrooke Estates is a great place! I'd live there. My sister is doing pretty good, she's not to pleased, it's been an adjustment but she has started settling in. I have told a couple people how everyone there is friendly, it's clean, it's an older place, they take care of everything. Everyone says hi to everyone there. They do offer activities but she does not participate. I ate there a few times and I thought the food was delicious. She says it is not as good as it used to be. But I will be eating there again soon to find out.

Waldenbrooke Estates

My Mom recently moved into Waldenbrooke Estates in Bryan, Tx. From the very first day when we toured the Community, every single staff member has been so kind, helpful and welcoming. We were impressed with the size of the apartments, too! It is not a skilled nursing or assisted living facility. It is for seniors who can live on their own. However, included in the monthly price is weekly housekeeping and laundering of sheets and linens, 3 meals a day in the Community Dining room and at least 2-4 fun activities daily, too. The residents seem genuinely happy, and stop to talk to my Mom every time they pass by on the walkways or in the Dining Room. We truly feel blessed that she is in such a happy, peaceful and safe Community! !

Really Happy

We are really happy with the Waldenbrooke Estates. Everything has been going great. The facility is clean. The staff is friendly and nice. The value is great as well. The care services are excellent. My loved one is well taken care of. She is very happy here. I am glad we made this selection for because she is comfortable here. We are just very pleased.

Everything is great here.

Everything is great here. We are very happy with it. I would rate them very highly. I don't have any major complaints at this time. It's clean, and the staff is friendly. It seems to be working out well.

She seems to like it. They are great!

She seems to like it. The food is good and healthy, and they change the menu often, and have good deserts. They work with the people to get them where they need to be. They are great!

Very nice place!

So far we're very pleased with how things have gone with Waldenbrooke Estates! It was a big change for my loved one to move into a community like this, but the staff here are very friendly and really made an effort to make her feel welcome. Now that she has settled in she really seems to be enjoying herself! The staff are very friendly and on top of things, and any time she has needed help from anyone they are there in an instant! The only thing I was a bit disappointed in is that the residents don't seem to socialize much outside of the pre-arranged activities, but that isn't really Waldenbrooke's fault. Overall I don't have any big complaints, they do a fantastic job!

My experience with WaldenBrooke Estat...

My experience with WaldenBrooke Estates was terrible. I had to move my mom out due to [removed]. There have been many instances with other residents making racists remarks to my mom.

I'm very satisfied with Waldenbrooke ...

I'm very satisfied with Waldenbrooke Estates. My loved one is very happy there. I'm pleased with the services they provide, care they give, and staff.

Large, old and least expensive in area

The building is now beginning to show its age but the staff is friendly and most helpful. The kitchen is rather hit and miss and if you are on a specific diet it may be hard to follow it. My doctor wants me to limit my carbohydrate intake but the meals here are always loaded with them. The food is good but it is high in cholesterol, fat and starches. The previous activities director has been replaced recently so cant judge if it is an improvement or not. Overall it is a nice place if you are fairly independent.They do provide once a week housekeeping, meals and directed activities for the lowest price in the area. The apartments are larger than any of the other places in this area.

They have been really great, I have no complaints.

The food is really good, probably a four or a five. They have been really great, I have no complaints. The contact person there was just friendly and wonderful to work with. When we saw the size of the room that was a pleasant surprise. She really likes the outings and the van that can take her different places. She also really enjoys having her own room and little privacy has been a good thing.

Have to be 60

They wouldn't take my aunt because of her age, you had to be 60. It looked nice and they had just remodeled part of it, but I didn't get too far into the building.

Breakfast- Pancakes to Biscuits with Gravy and much more

Waldenbrooke is a very nice community and I am really pleased. The food is really good and full of flavor. My favorite meal would be the fried fish, but they have a really big variety for breakfast, you can pretty much have anything from pancakes to biscuits with gravy. They provide a lot of activities and they keep it pretty engaging with the residents. The landscaping is really nice and the rooms are really spacious. I am very pleased with Waldenbrooke and would recommend it to anyone.

Waldenbrooke Estates is a nice facili...

Waldenbrooke Estates is a nice facility for the completely independent senior. Nice spacious apartments and well maintained.

This is top of my list for places in ...

This is top of my list for places in Bryan.

With spacious floor plans and a thriving locale, Waldenbrooke Estates retirement community in Bryan, Texas goes above and beyond to meet the needs of active seniors. At Waldenbrooke Estates residents are able to enjoy the company of their neighbors and a full program of social, cultural and wellness activities.

Waldenbrooke Estates offers independent living in Bryan for seniors who are able and inclined to live independently, but crave the comfort, security and social opportunity a retirement community offers.

Our private retirement apartments come in one and two bedroom floor plans and offer all of the amenities of home. On-call assistance and maintenance-free living means you never need worry about anything but living life to the fullest! Just steps from your front door, you’ll find easy access to a fitness center, media room and a wide assortment of activities, as well as special events and regularly scheduled outings into the community.

Relax. It's time to Live Life to its fullest...at Waldenbrooke Estates.