Brookdale Bellevue AL/MC - Syracuse, NY

Good Respite Stay

My loved one stayed at the Brookdale Bellevue for respite stays on two occasions. Overall they did a very good job of taking care of her and her care needs. I was only disappointed when I had dropped her off with her hair freshly done and when I picked her up 12 days later she had not had her hair done. Other than that the staff was very nice and accommodating. They provided activities that she enjoyed participating in. The staff took her and other residents out and went to get ice cream on a couple of occasions. icecream. They helped her feel like she was helping out and a part of the family. They had music for entertainment and she enjoyed dancing. Mom really liked it and would like to back. The atmosphere was warm and inviting, and it smelled good. There was a nicely landscaped courtyard with tables and chairs for the residents to get outside and enjoy the fresh air. If I was to offer a suggestion for anyone looking for a place for their loved one, it would be that your loved one needs an advocate to make sure that their well-being is being taken care of at all times.

Everything is going great!!

My mother has recently moved into this community and so far I am very pleased with how things are going for her. The staff have been wonderful to her they are all very nice people and I appreciate there work very much. My mom has nothing but great things to say about all of the meals and has really been getting involved in the activity program they have going throughout the week. Overall I am happy with this place and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Great place, disappointed

My mother loves the place. I was quoted a price when I was looking for a place for her. The day before I was to bring her there I was told of many added charges. Which totaled almost an extra thousand dollars. That seems very unacceptable. She was in an assistant living before with her own apartment and only 24 residence it was super high class and it was 500 less than I am paying here. I may have to move her. I hope they will be able to work with me. I do love the meals the staff and the friendliness of everyone

Happy with Her Move

All is well for my mother with her move to this community. She is safe, and in good hands here. I'am pleased with all they have done for us.

I like this community.

My husband is adjusting well to living at Brookdale. The caregivers are so nice and he has already made some friends. They have good food and the community is clean. I am very pleased with this community.

very nice and friendly but I can't rate it until I've seen more.

Needs Improvement!!

My friends experience at this community has been good but could use some improvement. The staff is really friendly and attentive to her. The meals however, are good during the week, and not so good on the weekend as they have a different cook for the weekends. On those days the meals don't taste as good and are not cooked properly. The cups are not always washed after each use. My loved one has also had a big problem with spiders in her room and her sheets are not always changed when needed.

Keeping Her Very Busy With All The Activites

They are taking very good care of my mother in law here at this facility. We are very pleased with everything they have done for us. The community looks great, they do a very nice job with the cleanliness. They keep her very busy with all the activities they offer. She loves the food. Overall we know she is receiving good care and we would recommend it.

I found the facility in good order. Having a memory care unit was helpful. Nina and Vinnie were excellent in answering questions and were very professional. I didn't end up choosing this community but was able to find a better fit for my Mom thanks to the knowledgeable staff.

Mixed experience

Our experience with Brookdale Bellevue has been somewhat mixed. The people here are wonderful. In terms of staff engagement, cooperation, and just general professionalism and service I think they do a wonderful job. However, the facility itself is on the older side, and just not kept up as well as it could be. I also think the meal service could be improved.

great experience

Our first conversation with the administrative staff and nursing was the most enjoyable and informative. Their positive outlook and encouragement in conversation was excellent. They put forth 110% in their efforts to assess the needs of our mom and to match the level of care needed. I would recommend Bellevue Manor to anyone needing to find answers to their parents needs.

good, but went elsewhere

I ended up not selected Emeritus at Bellevue Manor for my parents but went with another facility. Of the three places I visited, this is the place I liked the least. The main reason was because the rooms were small and it had more of a nursing home type feel to it. I moved them into a different location that had apartments and was a much more homey place. The people there were nice and it seemed good overall, but not as good as some other options out there.

Kristy was very nice, and our tour was helpful. I liked the assisted lvg, and might need another look at the memory care side. This was my first look at such a facility, so I need some comparisons before I can rate this ...thus, a conservative 3star...until I see others.

A great facility

Its a really nice place and I see where they take good care of people. Food smells wonderful and they care about and allow loved one to have dog.

They are doing a good job.

They are doing a good job. The food is good. They are taking care of his medicine. The place is kept very clean, the dining room is beautiful with white table cloths and very clean. I wish they would have gotten on getting him in a little sooner. The pricing is pretty fair, to my expectations. Overall they are doing a very good job.

It's very homey and the people are very kind.

It's very homey and the people are very kind. They try to include them in activities. I would reccommend it, it's a very nice place.

Extremely Happy with Them

The staff is phenomenal. I'm extremely happy with them. For me, the best part it the peace of mind - knowing that my father is getting the proper care when I'm not there. They call me if anything happens. He's in poor health and they've already taken him to the hospital twice.

I was extremely impressed when I started looking because Emeritus at Bellevue called me within 20 minutes after talking to A Place for Mom.

I wish they would lower their price but that's the only thing. There is a set fee and then they go by the level of care too.