Sunrise Villa Salinas - Salinas, CA

I am interested in showing my mother this property. I liked the memory care area, the property layout, the cafeteria, the overall feel of the place, and that it is a Sunrise property with experienced staff, and Sunrise standards. I will schedule a visit with my mother at some point, but that will require a little planning ahead. I would like to hear [Removed] views on this property.

I have spoken with [Removed] doctors. They would like to see her stay where she is for now. If she needs a higher degree of care, then I could move her to a memory care center of my choice. I liked Sunrise VIlla's memory care area, and would be happy to see her there if she were late stage, or later stage.

[Removed] is not interested in moving to Salinas now.

Large community!

The Villa Serra was a very nice community with friendly staff. I would live there if I was looking! The problem was that it was too big for my mom, we wanted something smaller and easier to get around for her.

My positive experience

My mom is here and loves it. Having a little apartment means she can have privacy when she wants, but there are many group activities which she enjoys. She likes the caregivers, who I have found to very competent and caring, and each keeps the next well-informed. There are 12 levels of caregiving I think -- mom is at the first level and some need less care than she (maybe 10%) and some more. Mom gets help dressing, undressing, and showering. The 3 meals per day are great -- they make full use of Salinas Valley produce. Once or twice a month, I spend several days with her. She had been in several facilities over the years to convalesce, and this is the best. It may be pricy (not for the SF area where I live) but good wages means good caregiving. And FYI, she lived in another county.

Beautiful facilities but to...

Beautiful facilities but too costly. Monica was very sweet and professional. Lots of good information.

Clientele is all Salinas ar...

Clientele is all Salinas area. Requires a $500 deposit. Distance from everywhere.

Bigger Community

This was the only other place in Salinas that I would consider. It's not so much what I liked about but what I didn't like about it. Villa Serra is really big. My mom has had a stroke so sometimes talking is difficult and I was worried that with that many people she might not want to be out amongst them so much, even though she is very social.

My first impression wasn't great because you open the doors and you walk in and there are 15 people in wheelchairs all crowded around the front door. The carpet was kind of funky and the hallway was really dark. I brought this up with the woman who was giving me a tour and she said they were just starting to do some remodeling with painting and new carpet. I haven't been back so I'm not sure how that turned out.

Lovely place. Like a resort. Dining r...

Lovely place. Like a resort. Dining room has specials daily as well as a regular menu to order from. 2br is ~4500 + 900 in rent, plus ~600 each for care.. It has 2 BR, LR, 1Ba, and a small kitchen. Full size fridge, stove top and sink. No oven.

special diet/meals

My mother has been a resident for approximately 3 years. Due to special dietary and health issues, she has her meals in her room. We constantly have to work with the staff to get her orders right and on time.

However, on the plus side the caregivers (shower assist) and housekeeping staff are very nice. Mom calls them friends and there seems to be minimal turnover. Being "apartment bound" it is nice to have this friendly contact for her. We have gotten to know some of the residents as well, they all seem to be well cared for and most are friendly.

This was my second favorite. The onl...

This was my second favorite. The only thing that would cause me pause is the fact that it is located in Salinas. I'm not sure about the safety of Salinas and the attractiveness/feel of the area. The community itself is very nice and I had a very comfortable feeling about the community and the units themselves. Additionally, I think there were good options for apartments with nice views. I thought the newly renovated dining room and some common areas were very attactive. The other common areas are a bit dated, but the individual units themselves had a very good feeling about them. I liked the idea of more choices for meals and restaurant style dinning.

Make yourself at home at Villa Serra in Salinas, California. Nestled in the gorgeous Salinas Valley, Villa Serra’s distinctive architecture and design combines elegance with the warm, inviting comforts of home. A central courtyard features a breathtaking garden and landscaped walkways with seating areas. And every apartment includes a patio or balcony from which to enjoy the beautifully manicured grounds.

Designed with your comfort and lifestyle in mind, our communities reflect years of experience in, and dedication to, premier senior living. Vintage Senior Living works with your doctor to determine the type of care each resident will need so you can have an individualized care plan to fit your needs.

All Options Include
• A safe, secure environment
• Compassionate, capable staff
• Busy days, rewarding activities
• Tasty and nutritious chef prepared meals
• Housekeeping and linen service
• Scheduled transportation for errands, medical appointments and field trips
• Friendly people and a sense of community
• Peace of mind

At Vintage Senior Living, we know how hard your loved ones have worked to get where they are today. We want to give them the opportunity to know Vintage as a beautiful, serene place where they can meet with you, your family and friends or just relax. With all of the amenities and services the staff has to offer, each day is a chance to make the most out of life.