Villa Santa Barbara - Santa Barbara, CA

We were incredibly impressed by both the facility and the staff. [name removed] knew the names of each of the residents, which was a huge indicator of the relationship they have with their residents. The facility is the nicest one I've seen to date and the cost was unbelievable. My Father even remarked on how clean the place was. This was the first time he'd expressed a real interest in moving into a senior community.

Fantastic care for mom

This is a nice community for my mom. The staff is caring and very attentive. The community is the clean and very nice environment. I like knowing that she is improving. The menu is appealing and she is pleased with the variety. She glad that they have good activiites. It is nice to know that she likes to be here. Families would like the care for their loved one with a good value.

My husband and I were most pleased with our visit with [Removed] at Villa Santa Barbara yesterday, June 22nd. [Removed] did a wonderful job of explaining everything about the facility and then taking us on a tour of the building. She explained that they are in the process of redecorating so it was easy to see the changes that were happening. The building and rooms were impressive, very easy to imagine living in and up to current living conditions. The financial portion was easy to understand and we were impressed with the level of medical help available if we were ever to need it.

We are primarily looking right now but Villa Santa Barbara is certainly a consideration in our plans.

[Removed]

Unconscionable business practices

Be aware and forwarned .... read the contract. ..when you move out, Villa S.B. and or Capital Senior living takes 30 days or more to refund any funds back to you.

My parents home.

I like this community and I am glad to see that my mom and dad are happy here. The staff are so friendly and it feels like a home enviroment. The meals are outstanding. They do offer alot of activities. They do enjoy the music. I am very happy to see that this is a great fit for them both. I highly recommend this community for the great care and value to other families seeking care for a loved one.

Still adjusting but so far things are going well.

We have been here for a few weeks and so far things are going well. We are still downsizing and adjusted to not being in the same home for thirty years. The community is very nice but we haven't had much time to take full advantage of what they have to offer. It's a pleasant community and they are currently redecorating so that will be lovely when it's finished. The biggest issue we have is they serve dinner too early in the evening around 5PM. We are late eaters and we have noticed we are spending money on meals we shouldn't be because the cut off for dinner is too soon. That is our only complaint so far.

My Mom Is Here

This community is working out okay for my mom. She is not into games or cards but she does enjoy the company of her caretaker who takes her out often. My mom gets some accommodation on her meals if she does not like what's prepared. The staff do their best to understand my mom. I have realized the community does not offer any panic buttons to be placed around her neck.

Confident About The Care My Mother Is Receiving

It has been a hard adjustment for my mother to this community, but we are pleased with everything they have done for us. They are really trying their best to help her adjust and feel more comfortable. We really love this community. They keep the facility and my mother's room very nice and clean. There are many activities offered for her when she is ready to participate. Only problem has been with the food. They more of a selection for the residents to choose from. Overall I'am confident about the care she is receiving.

Ken is awesome - doing his best with the limited resources

Ken is excellent and puts in 110%!!!!!

There is little security. They rarely ask you to sign-in, and sometimes do not have anyone at the desk.
The decor is dated and dirty, but with my moms bad eyesight, she didn't notice.

There are some things that could be better.

I am no stranger to this area and choosing Villa Santa Barbara was an affordable decision. There are some things that could be improved but the staff make up for it. You can tell they are trying and seem to be very responsive. One suggestion I think should be considered is having some type of buddy system for newer residents until they can get familiarized. Thankfully, I have the ability to get up and go off site with friends I've had for years. Another thing that could improve is the food, it's not the greatest. Overall, My experience here hasn't been bad and I've actually recommended the place to some friends looking for something affordable.

Not A Good Experience

There are some activities, but they do not try to get the residents to participate in them. My loved one did not have a good experience there. The initial impression is totally different from what they turned out to be. I would not recommend them for someone who needs more than independent living care.

father is very happy there

There are a lot of things I like about Villa Santa Barbara. I do feel that sometimes things can be a little too casual, and are not quite as organized as I think it should be. The facility is also a little old and kind of worn.

But on the other hand, I really like the people there, and my father is very happy there which is the most important thing.

Mom was reluctant, then transitioned right away.

My mother was hesitant. She did not know what to expect. After one visit, I asked her to think about it. She said she was thinking about it and "was not thinking 'no'." Within days she became excited about moving away from the clutter, and giving up on time consuming/energy zapping tasks of home ownership and daily chores. When moving day finally came, all the paperwork in order, the doctor's okay, she happily and confidently said "Goodby Stuff," and got in my car for the ride over to meet the movers. Very nice apartment, and friendly caring staff. The food is really good, and the folks that live there are friendly and welcoming. Mom took to the new lifestyle pretty quickly, and has found activities she enjoys and looks forward to.

very happy

They did an excellent job. We were only there for a short time (about two weeks) as my mother ended up passing away, but during the short time they were there we were very happy with them.

great

I think it is just a great situation for our mother in law. It covers all of her basic needs for independent living, such as three square meals, transportation to doctors appointments and such, etc.

The meals they have are very very basic. If there is one area I were to think of where they could improve it would be there.

Other than that it has really been a great experience with Villa Santa Barbara.

Very nice place!

I think they do a great job overall at Villa Santa Barbara. It is a nice looking, clean place and the staff have all been very friendly. They're very responsive to all of our inquiries and requests, and they take great care of the people who live here!

I have been very satisfied

I have been very satisfied, and she has been very happy, and is starting to make friends. They keep it very clean, and the staff is friendly. They have a really nice salad bar with nice fresh fruits and vegetables. I like the location. She likes to sit out on the patio. We thought it was beautiful, friendly and easy to work with.

My experience at the Villa Santa Barb...

My experience at the Villa Santa Barbara was great! I appreciate everything you guys did for me.

Fine for unassisted living.

My mother in law was in this facility for five years. As long as you require no more than unassisted living this is a good place. If your level of service increases I would leave this facility immediately. We had several very serious medication errors caused by untrained and uncaring staff members. This included errors in the prescribed dosage and actually dispensing someone else's medications to my mother in law!!! We had several conferences with the management of the facility and continued to have additional problems from the staff. If you require any more than unassisted living I would go somewhere else. Very unfortunate as this is an ideal location.

Independent living for two people

I needed independent living within an assisted living facility for two people. They modified two adjacent rooms to suit. They now have a decent size living area, meals prepared, occasional transportation, in a great location.

Cost prohibitive. My mothe...

Cost prohibitive. My mother lives in corporate owned sister property in Arkansas...very lovely.

Great Downtown Location! But Built on...

Great Downtown Location! But Built on a city lot. Older Hotel felling.Nice rooms,Nice enter court, Outside courts small.

This place is AWESOME. All private r...

This place is AWESOME. All private rooms, clean, friendly staff, all contained within one building and they have the most beautiful rooftop deck which has a view of the ocean. My grandmother loves to look at the ocean. They also just have one fee with NO extra care fee or anything. Perfect!

The staff was friendly, very helpful ...

The staff was friendly, very helpful and more than willing to change apts. to whatever we wanted. Pets are welcomed, for a small deposit and and the deposit to move in wasn't out of range. However, Mom has major lung problems and the different smells caused her coughing to act up & eyes stung..Location, perfect..just not comfortable with the age/care of the building.

Live life in style at Villa Santa Barbara, where residents can soak up the Southern California sun and enjoy desired amenities and services fit for the American Riviera. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating. The community provides Independent Living in Santa Barbara and also offers Assisted Living. From thoughtfully designed floor plans to the world-class service and myriad recreational and social opportunities, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Our spacious studio and one-bedroom apartment homes in the heart of downtown are convenient to shopping, restaurants and healthcare facilities and feature patios or balconies to take in the breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and lush coastline. Emergency call buttons and special cut-out bathtubs provide safety and peace of mind for residents and their families. Regular planned outings to beaches, casinos and wineries – with free transportation provided by our friendly and knowledgeable staff – keep our residents socially active while wellness and exercise classes provide a perfect opportunity for residents to stay physically fit.