Valley Vista - Highland, NY

Valley Vista - Highland, NY has yet not published prices.

Bumpy beginning but they are working things out

I ended up picking this community for my Mother because it matched up perfectly with her needs. She has only been here for a month and all of the staff members are very friendly and nice. However, in the beginning, there were a few issues. All of the call buttons didn’t work and it was a system wide problem. They are allegedly looking into a new company for the call buttons. The other problem is there is no heat. They made a temporary solution by using a lot of portable heaters while they get the normal heat fixed. I would recommend this facility to other families.

Horrible facility!

We made a huge mistake sending my Mom here. She did not receive a shower or get laundry service for the first two weeks. I witnessed an aide yelling at a resident who did not receive his medication. Two male residents fighting in the dining room. [Removed]
A rash was downplayed by staff. We moved her to another facility and they discovered she had scabies. Two other Valley Vista residents were moved to the same facility, they are all in isolation because of their exposure...
Management and staff are distant and uncaring. DO NOT SEND YOUR LOVED ONES TO THIS FACILITY!!