University Oaks - Mobile, AL

Nice tour

this is a nice community and the staff did a very good job with my tour, they took their time they showed me around and they answered all my questions. I just did not feel that this would be the best fit for my mom.

Their working to make mom feel welcome

University Oaks staff have been wonderful in helping my mother and myself with her transition there. They even offered to give my mom a house warming party so that she could meet some of the other residents. My mom is slowly starting to get involved in some of the many activies they offer, she is not as involved as I would hope and still struggling some to fit in but they are working with her on that. Mom likes going to the dining area and she likes the different choices they offer on the menu. They do offer field trips, shopping outings but with mom in her mobile wheel chair it sometimes poses a problem but the ativities director is working to start taking them out more with their wheel chairs on shopping trips.
I can't say enough about how helpful they were at University Oaks in working with our family and making my mom feel welcome as she was not too willing to make the move at first.

5 stars for University Oaks!!

My Mother in law is doing great since moving into this community. She loves the food. They take good care of the community. They had a carnival and she likes to participate in some of the other activities offered. I would recommend this community.

Wonderful Facility

The university oaks is a great place in Alabama. Dad love it here and the staff could not be any friendlier and caring and professional. All and all, we are very please with everything here. Thanks.

Tour was exceptional. Joe fell in love with the place and made a decision on the spot. Beautiful, very friendly residents, lots and lots of activities for them.

Nice place to live with friendly folks

Provides everything we need and more. The "Oaks" provides 3 meals a day, which as a bachelor our relative wasn't getting due to his limited mobility. They also provide a limited cleaning service for his unit, which, again, wasn't getting done in his previous apartment. In addition, there are activities and community right outside his door if he wants to participate, or retain his privacy if not.

They had just the perfect studio apartment for him. Thanks for all your help.

Very pleased !

I am very pleased with the service and support that my Mom receives at University. The staff is extremely friendly and appears to really enjoy caring for the residents. Most importantly, my Mom seems to be happy there. They really spoil her. We are very pleased with them, the food is delicious, the staff is very friendly.

Very nice place

They've been doing a great job here so far, I'd rate them a 5 out of 5. The facility itself is nice, the staff are friendly, and we were impressed by the services that they provide.

Their grounds could use some maintenance, trim some trees back from the building, that kind of thing. The grounds are beautiful, and hopefully now that the weather is better that will get done. We are very pleased with them, the food is delicious, the staff is very friendly. We chose them because of the holiday travel program, as we all live in different areas, so she can visit and have a place to stay. They do have rails and things for accessibility, but there are other things that aren't geared for handicap accessibility, like the showers and such. They don't have a wheelchair lift or ramp on the van. They are an independent living not assisted living.

This place is independent l...

This place is independent living and I need help 24/7 for my mom. Had trouble getting this info from them!

University oaks

My father had to move from another state to be close to me. We found university oaks to be clean, friendly, and they serve delicious and nutritious food!!
He has been there 7 weeks and is enjoying the food and exercise programs. They provide activities and "field trips" for the seniors. It is good for him to be able to be independent while having staff and new friends watch over him. So far it is a great choice for him and my family. He does wish they offered more activities on weekends but they keep them busy during the week!!!

Everything under one roof, and the di...

Everything under one roof, and the director could not have been more helpful. The residents were particulary friendly. They contract on-site thereapy services covered by Medicare, and the faciltiy is very attractive. Pets allowed and rooms a nice size.

Nestled within beautiful grounds in a quiet corner of Mobile, you'll love our beautiful facilities and the convenience of our nearby community. We're just minutes from shopping, hospitals, beaches and dining opportunities.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind