When I visited here, the staff was very professional and friendly. This is a really beautiful, and well-maintained facility with just a few residents. [Removed] was very helpful.

Comfortable Living!!

My loved one has really enjoyed her stay at this community, the staff have all been excellent at providing great around the clock care to my loved one. My mother really is enjoying her dinning experience and has no complaints about the food they serve throughout the day.

Tyson's Woods is wonderful!

My mom recently moved to Tyson's Woods. I couldn't be more confident in her care. Everyone is wonderful. Professional, considerate and always cheerful. It is clean and always smells like the best homemade food you could dream of. A small environment seems the best place for mom.

Beautifully appointed home. Large bedroom suite (upstairs) available for $7500 monthly, plus $5000 entrance fee. Prefer downstairs bedrooms, which are smaller with hardwood floors; but none are available. Liked owner, Andy, who was knowledgeable and gracious to my brother and me.

A Wonderful Gem in Vienna, VA

We are so happy that we found this wonderful facility for my 90-year-old mom. She has a private room with a private bath. The meals are made from scratch, and there is always plenty of staff on hand to assist the residents. Everyone in the facility always has a smile on their faces - the staff, the residents. This is truly a gem of a place - just like having Mom in a large home.

Wonderful home for my mom!

Staff is very friendly and helpful with my mom's transition. It is wonderful that the owner is close by!

Best place ever

My mother has lived at Tysons Woods, for 18 months,until she passed on Dec. 2012, she was treated with dignity but specially with LOVE,everyone involved, was extremely helpful and attentive , the facility is OUSTANDING, the owner and personnel are the BEST, I could never thank them enough

Outstanding, Loving Care - Family Environment

Our mother (now 98, with fairly advanced dementia) has lived at Tysons Woods for over 4 years, and we are EXTREMELY glad that she does. The staff and owner/manager truly know our mom (and each of the residents) very well, and give such excellent care (and loving gestures like getting her favorite Hershey bars) very much geared to her specific needs. We feel totally secure, knowing that staff are always very close by, so that when Mom has stumbled or needed help, they’ve responded within seconds or minutes. We appreciate their approach, which is that the group of us family members, Tysons Woods staff, doctor, nurse, physical therapist – we are all together Mom’s caregiving team – and we are always in close communication with each other – Highly recommend Tysons Woods!

Absolutely wonderful place - a true Godsend

My mother (who has dementia and other medical issues) has lived at Tysons Woods since 2011. It has been an absolutely wonderful place for her. The proprietor and the staff are remarkably attentive to all of my mother's needs. The attentiveness and care that are afforded my mother on a daily basis have been especially in evidence on the two occasions when my mother has been sick - Andy and her staff literally nursed my mother back to health. The doctor that is on call (24/7) has been absolutely wonderful to work with as well (and he makes house calls!). Dementia care is tricky (I know because my mother lived with us for a number of years) - but Andy and her staff have figured out the "gold standard" of care. My mother feels safe and secure - and my husband and I say a prayer of gratitude each and every day for Andy and her staff.

Excellent professional and caring staff, and setting

As a community physician who making house calls over the past 10 +years, I get to see many assisted living homes up close.

Tysons Woods is an exceptional place. The home is modern and well kept, The staff are professional, caring and vigilant, The owner, Andy Cocito does an exceptional job of keeping everything operating in a friendly and professional matter and the oversight and attention to detail is exceptional.

For a homey feel that offers privacy, comfort and caring , this is among the best out there.

Three and a half years of exceptional care

My mother lived at Tyson's Woods for three and a half years before she passed away. I feel that we were truly blessed to find Andy Cocito and Tyson's Woods.

For one month, before we discovered Tyson's Woods, my mother lived in a reputable, quite expensive, traditional progressive care community. She was in the early stages of dementia and was angry and scared. There, she had to stay in a locked room on a locked ward; it was a horrible environment, depressing for all of us, mostly for her.

When we found Tyson's Woods, we were immediately struck by the cleanliness of the facility and the friendliness of the staff. Since my mother was relatively young (mid-sixties) when she moved into Tyson's Woods, it was extremely important to her that she not be "stuck with a bunch of old people" (her words.) The family environment at Tyson's Woods relieved this concern.

When we first moved my mother into Tyson's Woods, she refused to do anything except sit in her room and watch television. The nursing staff worked patiently with her, even when she was yelling at them, to draw her out and find more productive ways to spend her time; they spent hours and hours helping her while she worked on the jigsaw puzzles she enjoyed. As her cognitive ability declined, Andy devised new activities and games to keep her occupied.

In three and a half years, I never for a moment questioned that we had made the right decision. It was truly a family environment with a patient, caring staff. We knew the staff, their families, and the families of the residents, many of whom I came to consider friends. They became a support network as we progressed through my mother's illness.

On financial terms, Tyson's Woods was about half the price of the traditional progressive care community we first moved her into.

I could go on and on about the wonderful care my mother received at Tyson's Woods, but I don't want to overwhelm this comment space. Suffice to say that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Tyson's Woods to as the best possible care for a parent, and if I had to do it again, I would make exactly the same decision.

Great Care!

My mother spent the end of her life in the care of the Tysons Woods family. I cannot express how well taken care of she was and what a comfort it was and continues to be to reflect on those last few months. My mother had been in several facillities the last 18 months of her life, and it really felt like home at Tysons Woods. We came and went frequently - I would arrive and find my Mom being taken for a stroll outside (which she loved). She was given real home cooked food. Her requests were respected and met when possible...(she didn't like showers and always tried to refuse them). The care she received was specific to her and not to her 'evaluated level of care' or 'care category' - My only regret is that I didn't get her there sooner.

Looks nice, but the staff is not friendly and the owner is unpleasant

We did not have a good experience at all with this community at all. The facility itself looked very nice during the tour, the decor was understated and elegant, and everything looked clean and well kept. However, once we moved our loved one in we ran into quite a few problems. The owner was very unpleasant to work with, she was very controlling regarding the care, and charged us quite a lot of money for an assessment that she performed herself. She pushed us very hard to use a specific doctor that she wanted, and not our loved ones normal doctor. She also convinced our loved one that she should not take her normal pain medicine as it was a "narcotic", and instead to just take a tylenol, which was not at all sufficient and left her still feeling pain.
The staff at the facility also were not attentive or friendly. The staff spoke Spanish, and did not realize that my loved one also spoke Spanish, and would say awful things about her in front of her, not realizing she could understand them.
We moved my loved one our after only a few days.

This facility has a high rate, but i ...

This facility has a high rate, but i was very impressed speaking with the Director. the website is wonderful to look at. Dad has decided to remain in home with caregiver at this time.

Tysons Woods is a highly celebrated assisted living facility located in beautiful downtown Vienna, Virginia. The home is nestled in a cozy little suburban area, just a short distance away from a large shopping center and the downtown historic part of the city. The home prides itself in offering all of its residents an independent living environment, one where privacy is paramount. This privacy will afford residents a very home like feeling when staying at Tysons Woods, which is what makes the home so special and highly regarded. The facility can only accommodate eight residents at any given time, which means this affords the staff members the time that they need in order to provide personal care, rather than rushed or impersonal assistance. The home offers private apartments for residents that are elegantly decorated and fully furnished. These apartment facilities include private bathing quarters, comfortable beds, in addition to spacious common rooms that everyone can gather in. When it comes to physical or mental disabilities, the expert staff are trained to assist individuals with memory problems, mild dementia, or very moderate Alzheimer's disease. Unfortunately, the home does not accept residents with severe dementia or late stage Alzheimer's disease. Private living quarters are fully equipped with the latest technology in emergency call systems, which allows the residents to contact the 24 hour staff in case of a medical emergency. Another great aspect of Tysons Woods, is that a licensed doctor and registered nurses are available 24 hours a day for house calls. The residents can also engage in full physical therapy sessions at the facility, or right in the comfort of their own living quarters. With doctors and nurses so easily accessible, this ensures that the residents stay healthy and have the complete peace of mind that they are safe and secure.