Tudhope Manor - Orillia, ON

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Very friendly staff, The place is nice and clean, i would love to have my mom live here..

Opinions from a resident of almost 9 years

My parents moved into a lovely large room in [date removed] which had a walk out balcony & ensuite bathroom. When my father died in [date removed], my mother moved into a smaller room, also with an ensuite bathroom. Both rooms have large windows and great views. They were 100% happy with their stay at Tudhope; especially, because there is only space for about 40 residents, so therefore, a more intimate atmosphere. My uncle also lived there until he died.

You do have to take in to account that this is an old, historical building. We have been through 2-3 owners and management teams and they have done renovations to various degrees. Due to it's age, the building & driveways need some work and it would be helpful if the current owners would communicate their future plans, with priorities for improvements.

As I've had more contact with Tudhope than any other resident's family member (daily, in person or on the phone), I take exception with part of the reviews from [name removed] & [name removed]. I've never met them but wonder if they're the same person? The writing style is similar, as are the spelling errors - both write "dirty" as "durty".

The number one benefit here is the staff. Over 9 years, the majority have been friendly and helpful. The current administrator is very dedicated and works a tremendous number of hours. [name removed] & [name removed] have worked at Tudhope almost as long as my mother has lived there and she loves them like a family member.

If I have any concerns regarding care, cleanliness or food quality, the current administrator and/or owner listen to my inquiries and make adjustments within their budget or staffing constraints.

Dorothy Bormanis

As staff members we are always striving to provide quality care to all residents living here at Tudhope, We have a fairly good team that cares about Tudhope and our residents

Older residence with too many doors and hallways. Needs freshening up. Staff very nice.

Dorothy Bormanis

We have had renovations, and continue to improve the physical environment

Durty and very bad administration

Unkempt promisses and horrible administration.

Dorothy Bormanis

Since this time there have been a great deal of changes at Tudhope in regards to management and staffing. Our services have improved in all areas including the food, housekeeping, maintenance, and staffing. Tudhope's goal is to always strive to improve and provide a quality service. We have recieved a great deal of positive feedback over the last year

Not a place I wanted to leave mom

Comunication is a big issue most of the time you are not informed of anything unless you call and ask, the place looks durty and unkept at all times and admin Lady is on the verge of unprofessional and seems most confused about whats shes doing. Staff is friendly and seems to care enough food leaves alot to desier rooms are tiny and there are not any activity rooms or special activities planned out. Price is in reason location is good.

Dorothy Bormanis

We are always striving to improve our services, We have hired new housekeeping, maintenance, and chef. We have received positive feedback from these changes. As well there has been high staff turnover and i am confident to say our team at Tudhope has improved. We are also working on an activity room and have brought in emtertainment

Found bedrooms lacking in s...

Found bedrooms lacking in storage space and generally small. Really would have liked private shower/bath facilities in rooms. Didn't notice any sprinkler system or fire extinguishers either (wasn't really looking for them). Antique elevator was a bit scary to ride. Little concerned over lack of parking as my mother still drives. Staff very friendly and helpful. Dining area was amazing, food smelled great!

Dorothy Bormanis

We do have sprinkler system and fire extinguishers on site and are up to Fire and Safety Standards. Tudhope is monitored with Huronia Alarms that is linked with the fire department.
A lot of our bedrooms are smaller with 2 piece bathrooms, but we do have some larger rooms on 2nd floor available. We have 2 larger rooms with full bathrooms, one located on on first and another 2nd floor.
A new kitchen chef has also been hired with restaurant quality food that is very good.
Unfortunately our elevator is small but functional
We are always looking to improve our services

Smaller Retirement Home