The Windsor of Cape Coral - Cape Coral, FL

• Availability of Professional Service Staff 24-hours per day
  • Availability of trained clinical staff 24-hours per day
  • Utilities
  • 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • Fine dining service for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Personalized care plans
  • Daily up and about check
  • Nutritious snacks available throughout the day
  • Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs
  • Specializing in Alzheimer
  • Recreational & Social Activities
  • Assistance with all aspects of daily living
  • 3 Balanced Meals and Snacks Per Day
  • Free Nourishment Stations
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Medical Director on Staff
  • Free Assessment
  • Care for seniors and adults recovering from an illness
  • Outside Patio Garden
  • Full-time Activity Director
  • Massage Therapy
  • Anytime Dining
  • Memory Care Services
  • Female & Male Residents
  • Secure Memory Unit

Honestly speaking

Have found that there are not a lot of great options out there. My mother is most likely in her 3rd and final place. At Gulf Coast, staff was friendly, but things didn’t get done. Meds were an issue, along with services they were suppose to provide, but didn’t. At the Windsor, meds were an issue the first few months, but have now seemed to have gotten straightened out. Cleanliness of rooms seems to be an issue at each place. The squeaky wheel eventually gets things fixed. I’m there all the time, I just feel bad for the residents who don’t have someone advocating for them all the time. Unfortunately, the staff that works the hardest or has the dirtiest jobs are the ones not appreciated or paid well. Because of this, most good employees/nurses go elsewhere for just a little more in pay.

Real clean and well lit. and seemed like folks really enjoyed being there. About 90 residents.

Excellent staff and response time

The staff has been excellent here and they’ve been very responsive anytime we talk or have a question about the care my Mom is receiving. The food is excellent and Mom really likes it. It seems to be well balanced and well portioned so they don’t get too much of it. There are plenty of options to choose from and you can either get something really healthy or something more regular. The facility is very clean and there are no smells or anything like that. Housekeeping comes by every Monday to do her laundry first thing in the morning, dump the garbage, and then they clean the bathrooms and floors. I would recommend them.

Family Friendly

Let's face it, there is no assisted-living, memory care or independent living situation that is going to provide a 5 star rating each and everyday. For a loved one in this type of facility, things can hum along one day and be chaotic the next. It can be a very difficult time in not only the residences life, but also the lives of their families and friends. So, when you are looking for a facility try to find one that is clean, has a caring staff of nurses and associates that meet or exceed your expectations like the staff at, The Windsor. You can count on them to manage any situation with care and genuine concern for the wellbeing of their residents.

The Windsor is a moderate sized facility, so you will feel more of a home style atmosphere. The residents, if you spend any time there, will become a part of you and enrich your life in ways you never thought possible. This facility and staff are very welcoming and makes you to feel like you are part of a larger family. The Life Enrichment program deserves a 5 star rating and a gold medal - one of the pearls that The Windsor offers that sets them apart from other AL facilities. This program keeps the residents involved and busy all day long and special events happen on a continual basis, bringing the residents and their families closer.

This facility has a large number of Veterans and The Windsor goes out of their way to recognize our war heroes for their service and contributions. Just take a stroll out to the courtyard where you'll see a different military flag flying with Olde Glory each month. Or walk down the hallway on the second floor to see flags from each branch of the military proudly on display. This pride for our Veterans is prevalent throughout the facility and embodies the attitude of each of The Windsor's staff, residents and their families.

A stroll back to when Life was easy

The Windsor of Cape Coral has an OUTSTANDING staff. The atmosphere is filled with joy, peace, laughter, smiles and happiness. The staff is endearing to the residents and you can "FEEL THE LOVE" they have for each other and their residents. The Windsor is like going back in time to when families were families sitting on the porch and sharing food, fellowship and life together. Its like taking a trip back to the Walton's where life was easy and relaxed. Whether you are a visitor or a friend come and experience the quality of how life can truly be when love is in the air. There is a reason that the WINDSOR was voted Cape Coral's BEST!

Very kind staff!
Very nice to my Aunt all the time
Wonderful facilities!

I’m a musician that entertains at the facility. My first impression was that it is a very clean and beautiful facility. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the residents looked exceptionally pleased.
I really enjoyed entertaining there as I felt that the residents were really appreciative.
Everyone seemed very happy and well taken care of .

Highly Recommend

You will love the Windsor, as soon as you walk through the door. You will be greeted by a smile at the front desk, and they will quickly help you. The sales staff ([Removed]) are very caring and thoughtful, and will help you through the process of choosing an apartment and moving in. The Executive Director is also very friendly, and "hands on" with the residents, you will often find her talking with residents. The community has a positive feel about it, and the residents are friendly, happy and love to talk with you. I highly recommend the Windsor!

Care and comfort for mom

This is a nice community. The staff is doing everything they can to be helpful. The menu is nice and the food seems appealing. They do offer her to do the activities and she likes participating more of the time. She likes having an open.We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one for a good.

Sarah Shannon

Thanks for your kind review! We're thrilled to hear that your mother is enjoying life at The Windsor of Cape Coral. We always appreciate the feedback.

Review

The staff is constantly short handed and residents will sit in the Halls waiting for attention.
Response time to requests is not quick.
Meals are bland and diversity is not included. Will serve poultry twice in one day.
Generally, the staff that is there on a regular basis, is helpful and courteous.

Sarah Shannon

Thanks for your feedback — we take it seriously. We are glad to hear you've had good experiences with our associates, and of course we're concerned that you haven't been satisfied with response times. We'll pass on this information immediately to make sure it's addressed.

General review

Poor experiences with General staff, care staff, beauty shop. Activities are way above average.

I would recommend this community.

One of the things we liked about this community is that they offer a push button for the residents. This allows the caregivers to respond by an intercom to let her know when they would be able to come help. My friend says the food is ok. They offer a lot of fun activities including a basketball tournament and a Mardi Gras party. Her apartment is larger than other communities. They keep the community well maintained.

Sarah Shannon

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We had a fabulous time at the basketball tournament and Mardi Gras party, and we're so glad your friend seems to be enjoying the life enrichment activities. We hope you visit The Windsor of Cape Coral again soon!

Extremely nice! Very clean and clients seem happy.Several activities available! [Removed] and staff are very helpful! High end facility but it is worth the price!

Sarah Shannon

Thanks for taking the time to post a review! We're proud of our talented, helpful staff and will pass on the compliment.

Family Atmosphere!!

My brother really enjoyed his stay while he was at this community. They staff where all very friendly and treated him just like he was family which made him feel very welcomed in there facility. They had a great meal selection to choose from and the great thing about the menu is if you did not like the food they where serving you could choose an alternative meal to eat. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone looking into retirement.

Review of The Windsor of Cape Coral - Cape Coral, FL

Nice facility. Mary was VERY informative and upbeat. Clean updated. Probably our favorite with the staff were met and environment. No way to get pricing.

Windsor-Nice community for our Elders

They can find more things for some of the residents to do. Mom is active and likes to do things and sometimes this place is not stimulating enough for her. I have seen the workers serving residents breakfast without wearing gloves and then licking their fingers if they got food on their hands. Not sanitary at all. Most of the workers are helpful to the residents and treat them like they are their own parents. I have had only one incident with them so far and they had lost a lab order for a blood test and then they lied to me and told me she had the blood test, when she didn't. My Dr. wasn't happy that she didn't have the blood test, but the next time I guess I'll have to handle it myself. The residents that live on the assisted side seem happy and content.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for your review. Your feedback will be used to better serve residents at The Windsor of Cape Coral.

My grandmother lives at The Windsor and she is extremely happy. She moved in this year, and as a family we are so comforted by the joy in her laugh and how busy she stays with all the activities. She has made many friends & already considers it her true home. We visit with her often and we also participate in activities. My children come to visit...it's a real family oriented community. We love it.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for your review. We are honored to be of service to your grandmother and look forward to continuing to provide an enriching environment at The Windsor of Cape Coral.

Friendly, accommodating staff

We are very pleased with our experience with The Windsor of Cape Coral so far. The staff here is friendly and professional, and they've been very responsive and accommodating to any questions or needs that we have had. I would give them top marks across the board, it is a very nice place.

Alissa Searcy

Greetings! Thank you so very much for your wonderful reviews of The Windsor. It is our #1 goal to keep our residents happy, healthy, and enjoying life here at The Windsor. We truly appreciate the time you have taken to share your family's experience!

Great place, overall

Mom seems to like it so far. Hasn't really been particapating in activities but did go to a musical and did do flower arrangement. She enjoyed doing these. Enjoys the food. She's eating better than when she was living here. Lunch is the main meal of the day and they are given four different things to choose from. It is clean, never saw any dirt while there. Everybody is friendly here, they say hi to you whether they know you or not. We think its a great place overall.

Alissa Searcy

Greetings! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your family's experience here at The Windsor. We value your input very much.

Nice place, not the right fit for us.

This was one of the places we looked at when we were touring. It was beautiful and the apartments were big. The staff was very friendly. They seemed like they were doing a good job of keeping the residents entertained and having fun. I didn't see a lot of one on one care, and frankly it didn't look like many of the residents really needed it. I just don't think it was the best fit for us.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for your interest in the Windsor of Cape Coral.

)!decided on the Windsor mostly becau...

)!decided on the Windsor mostly because my moms boy-friend was going there and they shared a room. The nursing staff was very good as was a few people that just stepped up to make her feel more comfortable and oriented. Roberta you are the BEST! AND LISA in activities treated my mom like her own. Lynn was the original Director and we loved it until the management change. Disaster . My mom was treated with no respect or consideration. I was told I had to move her in 24 hrs which was terribly stressful for her and me. my mom never been in love since my father died years earlier and she was abruptly separated from the man she loved 1000 choice and it won the beginning of her rapid decline! please be aware of that fact if you happen to be the second person paying in a Room the second person can be asked to leave at any time. just read the fine print and be sure that they do not allow any medical procedures without your written consent I was billed for thing I never gave permission for even though I made that known in her admission. Health care surrogate I wanted to be notified before she was examined by any outside agency or Dr. My decision to protect her. I apologize for this long speech! it is merely meant to be informative the accommodations are beautiful the staff is attentive and well trained. They are expensive considering you even have to supply ur own toilet paper! But the care is good if you can afford it. Just stay involved and read the fine print! They need more staff- but all of them are kind and proactive. Good Luck.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for your comments about your experience at The Windsor of Cape Coral. Please feel free to contact our customer Care Line at [removed].

Positive experience

Staff has been courteous. Staff was proactive in getting his level of care evaluated. Staff visited with my Senior where he was. We were disapointed in the $100 charge for each insurance form completed. To date day to day care has been fine.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for your review! Your feedback will be used to better serve residents at The Windsor of Cape Coral.

Excellent Staff

Very strict with the people who are working with loved ones – very impressive staff. They are far more expensive – but also very good. We just toured, but the staff is eager to stop, talk with you about how patients are handled or activities that are offered. They have some strict rules. They are very firm with their staff.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for your review! Your feedback will be used to better serve the residents at The Windsor of Cape Coral. Your comments about your experience are appreciated.

It's definitely a happy place, that's one of the reasons I chose them.

They are very clean, and they are so friendly. It's definitely a happy place, that's one of the reasons I chose them. She is 95 and a half, and we can never reach her on the phone because she is always out playing, doing the activities. There is so much going on. The community is really good about communication with the family. She loves the food. It's going pretty well.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for your review. Your comments about your experience at The Windsor of Cape Coral are truly appreciated.

Medication management

Mom seems very pleased with the friendliness of all the staff. The facility appears to be quite clean and pleasantly decorated and the staff overall seem eager to please.
I have run into some difficulties with my Mom's medications due mostly to her misunderstanding of instructions and unwillingness to part with control. That being said, I would appreciate a little more communication regarding this matter. The nurses have provided me with information when I have asked for it but have not called when mom challenges them. My brother who is a pharmacist is available to consult and to talk with mom when notified about problems.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for your review. Your feedback will be used to better serve the residents at The Windsor of Cape Coral. Your comments about your experience are truly appreciated.

Too Expensive.Very nice pla...

Too Expensive.Very nice place though.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for your interest in the Windsor of Cape Coral.

The Windsor was very clean,...

The Windsor was very clean, very comfortable and inviting looking. The staff were very helpful, friendly, greeted us warmly. Provided us with information paperwork quickly. Only problem was their house doesn't provide the type of skilled nursing care we need for our mother.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for your review of The Windsor of Cape Coral. Your comments about your experience are truly appreciated.

Best Place Available

It is very elegant and very nice, one of the nicest, and brand new. Very centrally located, but the best thing was that the staff was super, super friendly. My dad came in ill and angry and most of them worked their way into his heart. They truly saved his life by giving him something to look forward to every day. They went out of their way to accommodate his chemo schedule, and when my mom got ill, too, they worked with our entire family. They are only about $500 more than some of the other places we looked at, which were terrible! The Windsor is one of the best things that could have happened, and they deserve the best review.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for your review! Your comments about your experience at The Windsor of Cape Coral are appreciated.

A Step Above

The cleanliness, the friendliness, it is gorgeous. It is like being on a cruise ship except you are not rocking. She has done bingo, she helped create the Christmas ornaments, she's done caroling. They have someone to come in every week to play piano, and there's wine and cheese on the weekends. The other thing is that when I called Dawn, who is in charge of the admissions, she invited us to lunch before my mother came and saw the place. The food is excellent!! My husband were very impressed. I think they could improve the disbursement of medication; it's a good thing my mom has all her marbles because she knows how many pills and which she should be taking. She's has had some issues where she has had to send people back to get different pills. Overall, we are very happy. The Windsor stood out as a step above.

Very Fortunate!

The staff is very friendly, but not responsive. Like when I call to speak with someone, they don't get back to me. Recently, there is a new administrator and she sent a letter saying that they are working on it, and that they recognize that it is a problem. Aesthetically, it's very nice, and overall I definitely recommend it. It's a little expensive, but we have LTC so that worked out. We are happy to have my mother there. The dining room is just gorgeous, the lobby, the activity room, it's all great. There is a library right down the hall from my mom's room. They have a church. We are in a very fortunate situation.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for your review of The Windsor of Cape Coral!

Very Nice

Toured the facility. It is not a five star resort, but then the prices reflect that. The rent is month to month, and the apartments are not furnished, but furnishings can be supplied. Pros not too big that a person can get lost, easy access with two elevators, nice court yard area with screened lanai. The facility is geared around social interaction, and encouraging people to mingle and talk. The various amenities include lots of living rooms with televisions, games, a library, a small "spa", a "gym" with a treadmill and recline bike, and several types of dining areas ranging from a place to get a cup of coffee, a more formal dining room, and a "kitchen" style dining area. The apartments are small but laid out well with features such as nurse call pulls, a spacious walk in shower, and hurricane windows. A nurses station provides care and the staff can set up doctor's appointments as well as arrange for transportation to and from doctor's offices, they also deal with medications etc. The staff are friendly, and not all the residents are wheelchair bound. [removed] I did smell the faint scent of ammonia/urine in places, but I can't be certain if that was from the facility or not.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for your review of The Windsor of Cape Coral.Your comments are appreciated.

Really elegant. Lunch was d...

Really elegant. Lunch was delicious. Clean,very friendly staff,all questions answered. More of a challenge on my part because furniture will have to be rented for the apartment. They don't provide furnishings.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for your review! Your comments about your experience at The Windsor of Lawrence are truly appreciated.

it was a beautiful place! W...

it was a beautiful place! We hope it provides all we hoped for on the road to recovery for dad!

Baye Winegar

Thank you for your review of The Windsor of Cape Coral!

I hope they get it together

I think he's liking it as well as he can, its very nice, comfortable, friendly and the food its good. It seems like they're ironing some problems out; they seem to have a large turnover in administration, the aids and such and also the resident director. When we went there she was new and she's gone already and there's another new one today. Things aren't the way they should be with the staff, theres confusion with transportation and you have to pay for vans on your own and that's annoying to me because hes paying the top for care. Once they get some stability in the administration maybe things will change. I think its because of lack of supervision, its not a bad place, I'm going to wait and see if things change with this new director of residence.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for your review of The Windsor of Cape Coral. Please feel free to contact our customer Care Line at [removed] if you have any future concerns.

I was very uncomfortable wi...

I was very uncomfortable with the surroundings. And as it turned out they don't accept Medicaid anyway.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for your review of The Windsor of Cape Coral.

Very Clean, expensive, no pool no rea...

Very Clean, expensive, no pool no real gym just two machines. good food. mostly people we observed were in wheel chairs with oxygen. Nice staff, friendly. Month to month

Baye Winegar

Thank you for your review on the Windsor of Cape Coral.

The Windsor of Cape Coral is a licensed assisted living and memory care residence committed to providing quality services in a caring, comfortable environment. We offer professional, personalized services designed to enhance the quality of life for those we serve. We have been serving the needs of senior adults since 1990 and remain dedicated to those who entrust their housing and service needs to us.

We honor each resident's independence, personal choices and dignity. Visit us for a tour, and you'll see how our combination of an inspiring residential setting along with caring, helpful staff is the right choice for your housing or service needs.

Every design feature of The Windsor is based on our philosophy of service and our dedication to creating quality environments and service delivery systems for the residents we serve. The strength of our design arises from our long careful study of the ideal environment for helping seniors maximize their independence and enjoyment of individually chosen lifestyles.

Exterior
You’ll feel at home in this beautifully landscaped residential setting.
• Elegant classic architecture
• Porte Cochère – providing weatherfree access to front entrance
• Landscaped enclosed courtyard
• Covered outdoor living spaces

Apartments
Designed with the comforts of home and engineered with the functionality to support independence.
• Seven distinctive apartment styles
• Kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, sink and cabinetry
• Wall-to-wall carpeting except bathrooms
• Large bathroom with curbless shower
• Emergency call system with speaker response
• Telephone and Cable TV connections
• Individually controlled heating and air conditioning

Interior
Generous gathering areas inspire an enriching lifestyle full of friends and new experiences.
• Personal Care Suite providing health and wellness evaluations and services
• Relax in the therapeutic whirlpool spa
• Elegant dining in the Palma Sola