Brookdale Avondale - Jacksonville, FL

Brookdale Avondale - Jacksonville, FL has yet not published prices.

some what under staffed

My friend is doing well here her room is spacious enough that she can move about in her wheelchair and the care giver that they helped me find for her has been great. She and I stay in touch on regular bases. There have been a few things like not having her dirty laundry done and not picking up her dirty dinner dishes when she eats in her room. I feel this is probably because they are a bit understaffed. The staff there do a very good job and they have been very helpful with my friend as she is in a wheelchair and they make sure she gets to be a part of the activities, she is an artist herself so she loves the arts and crafts, she even gets to go out on the outings with her wheelchair. I would definitely recommend a tour of this community.

Great place

My Dad just moved in and the transition has been very smooth

Communication could be better

Overall, my loved one's stay at this Brookdale location went fairly okay. The facility was very clean and the staff was very polite. One concern that I did have was the fact that, when an emergency situation occurred with my loved one, the staff and doctors failed to adequately inform me about medications, how she was doing, etc. I felt that this was a crucial error, but besides this, Brookdale is fairly nice!

Not the atmosphere we were looking for.

I have been here several times. It feels like you're in a nursing home.

Care for mom

I am very happy with the care here for my mom. She likes the staff who are very caring. She is happy with the nice variety of meals. The community is clean and she does enjoy a lot of the activiites that are offered. We would recommend this community for other families needing good care with a good value.

Great care

Brookdale Mandarin This is a nice community. And we did like the staff and the cleanliness of the communit.y This is a activitie comunity.with alot going on. The menu was nice and my father did enjoy the meal. We would recommend familes to this for the excellent care and value that is received for loved ones.

Great Staff, Mom is Well Here

We are very happy with my mothers move to this community. She is doing pretty well for the most part. I know she is being provided with great. They have a very good staff here. There are activities available for her when she ready to participate. Overall it has been good experience for us here at this community, and I would recommend it.

I love this place!

I absolutely loved this community. The staff was very helpful and really good and answered all questions that I had. They offer so many things to do with the residents. The meals were great and good portions. The only reason we did not go with them was because of the price. Other than that I would recommend this community.

GREAT JOB. SHE SEEMED TO ENJOY HER 2 WEEKS THERE. THANK YOU.

Thanks

Excellent home for your aging loved ones.

Excellent staff. I'm very satisfied with this Brookdale Avondale facility. The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. The care, attention, cleanliness, activities, medical, security, location and food are Top Notch. The decision to move my mother from her home of several years was difficult and trying, but the staff made it easy. I want to commend Dena and Bethany.They know what they are doing and are very professional kind and helpful. My mind is at ease and feel comfortable with my mother being in her new home. I will highly recommend Brookdale Avondale to anyone looking for a home for the loved ones.

I think they are good in different areas.

I think they are good in different areas. They weren't as proactive, or as thorough as one would hope. The billing and financial end can be a little shady, we are finding some hidden costs. She thinks the staff is great. The food isn't fabulous, it's okay. The other residents seem to be pretty friendly so far. We liked the location when we chose it.

Very nice place!

My loved one has only been here a short time, but so far we're very pleased with how things turned out with Brookdale Avondale! The facility is clean and well kept, and they treat our loved one like family! The staff is kindhearted and caring, and they've been very accommodating regarding any questions or requests that we've had for them. I was also impressed by the amount of effort they put into their holiday decorations and activities! We did have a small maintenance issue during the move-in, but otherwise it's been a great experience!

Everything is going well so far

Her family stepped up and took care of it. As far as I know everything is going well so far. Seems to be an excellent care facility and retirement home.

Nice, homey community

We're very pleased with how things are going at Sterling House of Merrimac! It's a nice looking, well kept place, and the staff all seem very friendly. It has a very relaxed, homey atmosphere that I thought my loved one would really thrive in. We saw some places that were fancier, but I think they just would have been too busy for her. The staff here also just seem more caring and in-tune with their residents.

Lovely community

I liked it. It was very nice. We went with a different community that was closer to my home, but this one was very nice. We might have chosen it if it was closer. It was clean and everyone was very nice.

Brookdale Avondale provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

We promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each assisted living resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. We offer graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care, and value.