Brookdale Orange Park - Orange Park, FL

Brookdale Orange Park - Orange Park, FL has yet not published prices.

Care and comfort

I like this community for the care and the great staff. The menu has gotten better, We like that they keep the community clean and there is a good environment We would recommend this community for care.

Good care for mom

We have been happy with the care from this community. The staff is caring and attentive. We find it to be a clean and nice environment. The menu is appealing and the activities are offered for the residents that are able to participate. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

A tour

I was not impressed with this community. The staff there did not seem very friendly. They talked about how great their grilled cheese and hotdogs are. This did look like a nice community. I felt like I was in an institution and this would not work for my loved one.

Fair Experience So Far

My mother is still a bit to this community. For the most part I'am comfortable with her move to this community, but I do have some concerns. Our move in process didn't go as smooth as I would like, but they have been very accommodating since then. The community is well-kept. They offer good activities. It is still a work in progress overall, but things are moving in the right direction.

Tired Their Best

This is a nice community, but unfortunately my mother in law needed more care than they were able to provide. They did try their best to care for her, but her condition was getting worst. The staff is friendly, and very helpful. They were even willing to work with us regarding the price increase, with her needing more care. It was a good experience, overall this is a kind community. I would recommend it.

This is the place for mom!

They have been wonderful during the touring and preliminary process. My mother wasn't able to move in when scheduled because of rehabilitation and they have been so understanding. We chose them because many of her friends and church group live there as well and we wanted her to be close to her social circle. They offer many activities and they have a great atmosphere. When we toured, my family all looked at each other and said "this is the for mom!'

We love them all!

We were able to take a tour of this community and just like all the other Brookdale's this was great. I have always liked the way Brookdale runs there communities and the kind of staff that they have working. The community is clean and neat.

We are happy with this community!!

The community worked with us on the financing. The staff are great and understood the family dynamic. My loved one seems satisfied with the food and they offer different choices. They offer a lot of activities and they try to keep the residents engaged. The community is clean and well maintained. I would recommend this community.

MEMORY CARE

If i only knew what i know now.If your loved one has a dementia and is living in the memory care,don't expect much assistance.The staff does not know how to handle or care for people with dementia. I was told there were lots of activities when my loved one moved in,but every time i visited or got reports from visitors, my loved one was watching TV in a little room with rest. Residents need more stimulation.Too much sitting and TV watching. Memory Care Director need to be out checking on resident's and staff instead of in the up front office chatting old day. We make several complaints, the Director talks a good talk , nothing but every time it's a lye, it's really getting old. Really poor care and mismanagement. It's extremely difficult to reach anyone other that leaving a message or get a call back.They never return your call. Stay away from Brookdale Orange Park Memory Care. Please DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Stay clear of this place!

The staff here is really bad and do not pay attention to there residents. My loved one fell and no one did anything. The staff placed my loved one back in the bed fully dressed and never looked at my loved one to see if anything had happened due to the fall. My loved one had fractured there hip. My loved one had to sit in pain until we came in. The door was locked to my loved ones room and when asked where the key was the nursing staff told me that the maintenance man had the key. Well that day the maintenance man was gone. We had to call the fire Marshall about this. Still nothing has been done. When I ask the nursing staff about what is going on with my loved one none of the nurses can tell me anything. The community told me that when a patient comes in the community they are to get a lanyard with a bell so if they need assistance some one will come. My loved one hit the bell and no one came for 35 minutes. I looked for the nurses or any staff and no one was around at all. Three nurses passed me and no one asked if I needed help with my loved one. Needless to say I will not be recommending this place to anyone.

Not what made out to be

Does not check on residents regularly as stayed. If door is locked, staff has to search for keys. Resident fell, hospitalized fractured and pneumonia. Now moved from facility.

Good job Orange Park Staff.

This facility is very family friendly. The management team is always willing to help with any issue that arising and will call you back if you have a problem. I would recommend this facility to anyone.

New residents

They have only been there 5 days but seem to be adjusting very well and seem to be getting assistance as needed.

Accommodating, communicative staff

Overall we're very pleased by how things have gone at Brookdale Orange Park! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the people here have been very easy to work with. The staff is friendly and accommodating, and anything we've asked they've been more than happy to work with us on. They're also very good about keeping us updated on the status of our loved one!

I love it. They are very friendly.

I love it. They are very friendly. A Place For Mom has been great. My mom seems to be getting into the day to day routine. I think she enjoys the three meals a day, and socializing with others her own age. They call me right away if something happens. I am so happy with them.

not happy

The memory unit needs some serious help. The odor is terrible .Also; sometimes you cannot even find a staff or Director member to help you. I ask staff where you’re Director. Answer- probably up front with her friend. I asked – who is her friend? - Employees stated Executive Director. The med staff and processer are less than par. Many have attitudes. They definitely need more caring staff on the floor. There are some activities but certainly could be more things available to residents. The Director of memory care acts like she doesn’t know what she’s doing. I really don’t like when she calls residents baby, honey or something else, they all have names. I do not recommend the Memory Care Unit especially if your loved one is a wanderer. I can wait to move my loved one to another facility. Residents are allowed to wander into all residents rooms without supervision. Falls are common. Beware this Facility. This community is ok; however it doesn’t have the warmth I like to see in a community that cares for elderly. Some of front management is terrible, the way the dress it’s looks like I just enter a club. Not really happy with new management

Emeritus at Orange Park - Super!

Excellent staff, a variety of daily activities, onsite medical care and prescription service available. The facility is new and clean. The management staff is also excellent and works with you to give you the documentation you need. We were allowed to decorate our Mom's room to give her as much of a "home" feeling as possible. The staff can ensure that Mom actually takes her prescribed meds. They assist her to the dining area and back to her room. Their dementia services are excellent and they all show a caring attitude. You can inspect at any time. Great place and thanks to A Place for Mom for providing introductory information.

I liked this facility and B...

I liked this facility and Becky was great. The only problem was the price. They had a deal going with the deposit less, and rent less, but don't know if that is still going on.

Great community

this placve turned out to be very good for what dollar amount what e were looking for. The ground s were great along with the food service that is made fresh daily by the on site checf

It was old and so so in not...

It was old and so so in not being very clean. They were not aware of our visit but were able to give us a tour. The rooms are very small to be sharing with another person at this price. I am not sold on this one. Would I live in this place,probably not.

Mixed Feelings

The could improve on better communication with family and introducing staff other than just the management. They don't introduce the nursing care that's in there. I also don't like how they outsource the admin of her insulin. They have a nurse on call company that comes in an does it, and I was under the impression that they did it there. I also asked that they let me pick up her medications, but they continue to use their in house prescription company, Omnicare, and it's costing my mother a small fortune. Besides that, my mom is pretty happy there! I just don't like that she is in the memory care unit, but I understand that she has to be. She is not quite ready to be there, but she left the property twice without signing out and the police had to bring her back. The assisted living allows the residents to walk outside with an escort, but in memory care they have a small sitting area outside that is very confined. I would like to see them walk the grounds more openly out back instead of being trapped inside all the time.

She actually went over to hospice, sh...

She actually went over to hospice, she doesn't like activities, she only likes to go down to eat. I think the food's good, she doesn't think it's good but she's from up north, she's not used to grits and sweet tea and all of that foreign stuff. We chose it because of the location, it was the only place close to us with assisted lviing, we didn't want to go all the way down to Jacksonville and I spent a lot of time letting mom know it wasn't a nursing ome, there aren't nurses here, but its just a different generation and dealing with that.

Respite stay-seemed fine

He was only there a month doing the respite thing, the time he was there it was okay and he's back at the house now. My wife needed a rest and it was pretty expensive to be honest. He's mostly a loner so he wasn't really joining in, in fact, they had to bring food to his room a lot of the time. They tried to encourage him to particiapte, in fact, it was a week and a half ago, a couple caretakers from there came to the house to invite him to go over and join them for lunch. Everybody that I saw seemed happy but I was only there an hour, hour and a half. It looked nice, it was clean, it took them a while to get things set up, they had a bed but they didn't have a tv but I don't know if that's normal.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system