Astoria Assisted Living - Orange Park, FL

Astoria Assisted Living - Orange Park, FL has yet not published prices.

Uncertain future!

The facility will be under new Administration soon and when legitimate concerns are raised there is not one to provide any answers. Those currently in these positions now are in the dark. The concerns of the residents seems of no concern to the incoming ADMINISTRATION, One or more need to address their concerns quickly. As it seems to be no continuation of leadership,. This is probably do to a lack of communication from the incoming Administration.

Close to home

My mother in law is doing great at Astoria. The staff have been very nice. They keep the community well taken care of. They have plenty of things to do during the day including play bingo. The food is delicious. This community has a lot of military residents so there is a lot of diversity and she likes that.

Astoria Assisted Living Orange Park - 5 Star Rating

It was "time" - time to change my Mother's living arrangements, time to find a safe and secure place and time to find the correct level of care for her needs. After weeks of talking to different facilities and getting a multitude of advice, we finally found the right place....Astoria Assisted Living in Orange Park, Fl.

During our first visit, we found the staff and management to not only be professional but friendly, extremely helpful and willing to go above and beyond our expectations. We were impressed with the amenities, the security and medical staff and the daily activities that are available. We made 2 more visits (one with my Mother) and each time we felt more and more like this was home. The staff members always have a smile and make Astoria a very happy place.

My Mother moved in about 6 weeks ago and has settled in nicely - she loves the food and the ability to order a different menu- she is starting to enjoy the social aspect of living in a senior community-and since Astoria is centrally located off 295, she has a lot of visitors.

We are very happy my Mother has found a home at Astoria Assisted Living-it was truly an answer to our prayers!

Great environment and pet-friendly

Things are going wonderfully so far. My mother is kinda introverted but they encourage her to participate in activities. I personally like that they are pet-friendly and allowed my mother to bring her little dog. They also have scheduled pet therapy. Astoria has a very resort like feel. You don't feel like you're in a nursing home when you're here.

Astoria has a great design concept in assisted living design. It has an open feel and is not at all like a nursing home or hospital like setting.

Astoria has a great concept in assisted living design. It has an open feel and it not at all like a nursing home or hospital type setting. The people that work there are very friendly and seem to genuinely care and want to do what is best for the residents. When you talk to the residents they seem happy and content. My mother likes the food and the people a lot. She has been there almost 2 months and she is starting to refer to it as "home".
HOWEVER, as with every ALF every resident needs an advocate and Astoria is no different. If your loved one is beyond care level 2, I am not sure I would recommend Astoria. They are VERY short on staff on the weekends and it can be difficult to get in touch with anyone in the evening or on the weekend. I feel they are doing things there "on the cheap" as much as possible. Overall, they are a great value compared to other places as long as your loved one can still speak for themselves somewhat and they have an advocate.

No Issues So Far

While searching for a reasonable community, I came across the place and found that they were the lowest priced community. They have suitable care that my aunt needs and plenty of activities for her to try out. On our tour we tried a meal and it was a tasty, good meal. She has not called us since moving into the community.

A Friendly Help

I spoke with them over the phone and I felt like they were getting me the information I needed and even provided me with benefit for my dad. They also directed me to other resources that would help us. They were friendly and they followed up to see if i made decision for my dad.
It came to price and location and they were not the right fit.

My brothe's care

I am happy with the care that my brother is getting here. The staff is very caring and always available. They do offer him assistance. I liked that this community was nice. I am happy that he likes the meals. I visit him when I can and it is nice to know that he is in good care. I would recommend this community to other families.

It has been a wonderful move for my mom and the
place has really addressed my mom's specific needs. The living facility is beautifully decorated and the dining area has been especially arranged for the residents. My mom loves the meals prepared. She is receiving the care that is needed for her medical condition. I feel she is now safe and secure. All the staff have been very helpful and available. I would recommend Astoria highly and give them a rating of four.

Mother visited last week and was very positive toward the facility. We are waiting on the medicaid decision. Is there anything you can do to hurry it along? Thank you for your help and advise.