The Watermark At Logan Square East - Philadelphia, PA

Over twenty years of experience have taught us that today’s seniors want more choices and are leading a more active lifestyle than generations before. That’s why we created a community filled with choice. Great restaurants, brain and body fitness courses, fantastic events, a state-of-the-art fitness center, and rejuvenating salon and day spa, all just steps from your door. All this, plus assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing with customized care tailored to your needs how and when you want it. We could go on and on, but seeing is believing. Visit to see for yourself.

Living in the heart of Center City means more than just fantastic views. One visit and you’ll see that we’re surrounded by music, art, history, theater and world class shopping and dining. Just steps from our community you can stretch your legs or stretch your mind with all that’s near.

Stimulating the mind and challenging the body has enormous benefits at any age. You’ll appreciate unlimited access to Watermark Universi

Really like this place that it's a CCR, turns out my parents are not ready to make the move yet. Convenient location for my brother and I to visit.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for the high marks. I’m glad you had a positive experience when you visited and I hope we see you again soon. If you have questions along the way please feel free to give us a call. Thanks again, Sincerely, Jennifer Tapner, Executive Director

My tour...

This community is very close to my home, within walking distance. I got the impression that this community was more "medical" than other communities I've seen in the past. The independent living section was very nice but the assisted living seemed more like a warehouse. I did not like that the assisted living residents had to travel two floors to the independent section for activities. The room they showed was very odd and not what we looking for.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for your feedback and please allow me to clarify. We offer a robust calendar of programs in our assisted living neighborhood and a beautiful space for residents to enjoy the various activities. I’m sorry you had a negative impression and I would appreciate learning more about your experience. Please call my cell at [removed] any time or I’d be happy to meet you for lunch or coffee to discuss. Thank you again. Sincerely, Jennifer Tapner, Executive Director

Moms' New Home at the Watermark

The relationship with sales representative from the start was a positive experience for the most part. She was warm, friendly and took a personal interest in working with us. There were some snags in the rental of apartment, but because of their error in renting an apart that was already rented; The Watermark found another larger studio and gave it to us for the same cost.
They recommended a moving company; [Removed] and Sons that Watermark has a relationship with. The movers were very professional and accommodating on both ends of the move.
The apartment was freshly painted and the new rugs looked beautiful. We gave them a list of items that needed to be fixed/replaced or just needed attention. Mostly everything was taken care off. The craftsmanship of cabinets in bathroom and kitchen are not of the best quality. Cabinets are crooked, warped and don't close properly. There is not enough storage space, but it is a studio apartment. The apartment has a wonderful view over looking the city that my mom loves.
There are plenty of activities; movies, lectures, trips, classes, games, a great bus service and good food. The doctor for this facility is well received by patients. He is personable, accessible and my mom feels very good about is care, so far. My mom is very happy, comfortable and at ease in her new home at The Watermark.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your review. I’m glad your mom is enjoying her new lifestyle and that she is happy, comfortable and at ease in her new home at The Watermark. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to ensure she continues to thrive. Sincerely, Jennifer Tapner, Executive Director

2nd floor facility is horrendous

Well where do I start ... the 2nd floor for recovery is terrible . My mother is there now and there's mice in her room . . The aides that work there are rude and lazy. . Most times you find them standing around talking to each other and god forbid you ask for something, you'd think you were asking them to donate a kidney to you. No communication with family members . You tell them stuff, they don't listen at all . Good luck actually finding someone to talk too past 5 when most people get done work to ask questions cause theres never anyone around at that time. Don't let the facility upstairs fool you where all the well to do people live cause it's way different on the 2nd floor. The patients are neglected and quite frankly it's sad . Me and my family keep them on there toes cause we are always there but honestly find somewhere else to take your elderly loved ones with dementia cause they will not be cared for properly . I've already called the director of this place and they give real good lip service but quite frankly your staff is uneducated arrogant unprofessional people and I'm being polite right now too .

Watermark Ambassador

I value your feedback and assure you we respect each and every resident. I spoke with the Director of The Springs to review your concerns and neither of us recall receiving complaints of this nature. Your satisfaction is a top priority and I request you to please call me at your soonest convenience so I can address and resolve your concerns directly. My cell phone number is [removed]. Thank you. Sincerely, Jennifer Tapner, Executive Director

So far so good...

The move to The Watermark has been good so far for my mother. I cannot really think of anything bad to say, the place is kept clean and well maintained. The food provided is alright, not the best but not the worse. We are pretty happy with our choice to move mom to this community, it has been a good fit so far.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions. I’m glad to hear you’re happy with The Watermark and that our community is a good fit for your Mom. We’re always looking for ways to enhance resident and family satisfaction. Please feel free to fill out a comment card located at the entrance to the dining room or speak to me in person to let us know how we can make dining an even better experience. Thanks for choosing The Watermark and feel free to contact me any time, at [removed] . Sincerely, Jennifer Tapner, Executive Director

Beautiful Community!!

I really enjoyed my tour of this community. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The place was very open and pleasant to walk through. The community offered a mixture of activities which I enjoyed. The reason we did not choose this community was simply because my loved one was not ready for this level of care yet.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for visiting. Call any time to request a community calendar and a Watermark University Catalog. We’d love to have you join us for a class, lecture, excursion or fun social event. Sincerely, Jennifer Tapner, Executive Director

Feels like home

We moved into the independent living section 10 months ago. And, it instantly felt like home. The professional staff advised us on the relocation process and customized our apartment to meet our needs.

The food is very good and the dining experience is pleasant. We enjoy the planned activities as well as casual socializing.

The on-site physical therapy and physicians are a great convenience.

Rave review from a resident

Stimulating activities for the mind and body, good food,
friendships, medical care, security, all while residing in a
many-windowed, sound proof modern apartment high
above beautiful Logan Square in Center City Philadelphia,
with no less than seven museums in walking distance!

Simply the best

The Watermark at Logan Square has everything you could ever want in a retirement community. There are several dining options, an entire catalog of programs and activities, you are minutes away from various museums and exhibits. They have a bus that loops through the city all day long. Having seen most communities in the greater Philadelphia area there is no doubt this is by far the nicest community I have seen.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your impressions. We’re committed to creating an extraordinary atmosphere and supporting the passions and interests of our residents. It’s our pleasure to make it easy to enjoy everything Center City has to offer. Please give us a call at [removed] to be added to our invitation list for upcoming events and excursions; we’d love to have you back for another visit soon. Thanks again. Sincerely, Jennifer Tapner, Executive Director

Very positive experience!

I would give The Watermark at Logan Square top marks across the board, our experience has been a very positive one. The place is clean and nice looking, and the staff are friendly and caring. They've got a lot to provide for the residents, and do a great job looking out for everyone!

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you so much for providing this online feedback. I will share this with our team and they will be thrilled to hear it. Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to make your experience even better. Sincerely, Jennifer Tapner, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Jennifer Tapner.

Beware. Management issues and dangerous conditions at move in......

An overall disaster. Sales staff F-. Forget to get a contract prior to move in? Forgot that they were giving us a unit to stay in overnight while our move took place. E-mail confirming it. Forgot to give us the manual so we knew nothing prior to move in. Forgot to give us our phone number, how to access the fitness center, how to go to the dining room (no reservations, stand and wait until an opening).

Move in F-: closets fell off walls on to movers, lights not working in master bedroom, bad painting job (photos taken), no choice of paint or carpet (unlike what the website says), loud jack hammer noises in both toilets, kitchen sink water didn't work (plumbing replaced on day two), move ended with the little mice running around the living room back to their nest behind the oven. The exterminator did arrive that afternoon to exterminate the mice.

Staffing: Some great, some appear to be non-existent. As long as the elderly resident has an advocate to be there with them during the whole move process it should be ok. The volunteers, residents who assist with moves, are great. They provide all the information that the Watermark staff should have provided. So you receive it from a resident, albeit too late; after the move happened.

Great location, activities, restaurants in the area, Whole Foods, Trader Joes, museums, library, symphony. Morman Temple being built next door; they may have parking available which will help. Also will keep area very safe.

Doctor and dentist in building; they come to independent care apartments for many tests. That's a really nice benefit.

Overall, be very careful. Unless they get their act together from a management perspective the move in process is not a nice one.

Convenient urban setting

While I did find this facility to be conveniently located in Center City Philadelphia, I found the fees to be quite high. To be fair prime real estate in an urban setting has to be paid for. I did like the building. I liked the size, the cross section of people in different stages of their lives. The staff seems large but I did not get a sense of a "personal touch" throughout most of the facility. The memory care unit was different. It was obvious that the staff there are committed to the job and the patients. They seem to be working hard to make the place a home and a safe home for the 14 residents.

very good

They are very good. The facility itself is very nice and all the people there are friendly. There is a problem with parking in the area, but that has been the only issue. Otherwise everything has been really good.

My mom really likes it there.

My mom really likes it there. She likes the food here, better than where she was before. On Sundays they only serve one meal. It would be nice to have better communication with the move in coordinator. There have not been any incidents, but I'm not sure who I would call if there was an issue. I chose them based on how active the residents looked. They offered a lot of activities, and I liked that.

Uncomfortable

It's in down town Philadelphia. I didn't like it because I felt like I was the youngest one there. We were getting ready to go to the dining room for a meal and everybody had wheelchairs and canes waiting outside this closed door that they don't open until a certain time. It was a very uncomfortable feeling. The food wasn't that good either. I did not like the feeling that I was the youngest one there.

Watermark is a very attractive place!...

Watermark is a very attractive place! I met staff who found time to give me a wonderful tour and answer my questions. I felt comfortable there and know why the residents are very happy to be living there!!

Affordable, nice area in city. Bus lo...

Affordable, nice area in city. Bus loops city every hr. Has memory care. Waiting list.