The Watermark at East Hill - Southbury, CT

Over twenty years of experience have taught us that today’s seniors want more choices and are leading a more active lifestyle than generations before. That’s why we created a community filled with choice. Great restaurants, brain and body fitness courses, fantastic events and assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing with customized care tailored to your needs how and when you want it. We could go on and on, but seeing is believing. Visit to see for yourself.

Stimulating the mind and challenging the body has enormous benefits at any age. You’ll appreciate unlimited access to Watermark University brain and body fitness classes right here in the community. From Yoga to Creative Cuisine, The Artist Within and everything in between, you can learn (or teach) something new every day. These classes aren’t just for residents. Call for a copy of our current course catalog and enroll in a class or two.

Sweet Staff!!

I have no complaints about how things are going for my mother since she made the move into this community. The staff have all been friendly and made sure to accommodate her needs at the best of there ability. She really enjoys the dinning experience as well as the delicious meals they provide. Overall we are very pleased and would recommend it to anyone.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you! I will share this comment with our caring, friendly team and thank them for the difference they make every day. We love what we do and I’m so glad it shows. Sincerely, Fred Zarilli, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Fred Zarilli.

No assisted living...

From what I saw of the Watermark, it was just fine. The facility was well maintained and the staff seemed very friendly. Our primary concern was that this facility does not have assisted living options for my loved one. Besides this, this looks like a great place!

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for visiting and for sharing your positive feedback. While our assisted living neighborhood is currently full, we do offer Enhanced Living as well. Please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time to come by to discuss that option over lunch or coffee on us. Thanks again. Connie Haworth, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Connie Haworth

From the beginning and throughout our search everyone was extremely helpful here.
We felt that we were very cared for and important to them. All our questions were answered sometimes multiple times. I feel my mother in law will be very happy and very well taken care of here.There is so much she enjoys doing; swimming, exercising and socializing! She will enjoy it all here. She likes good food but doesn’t like to cook so this is the best place for her. She can still keep her independence but will be safe.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for sharing your experience. We love to see our residents blossom and your feedback is greatly appreciated. Stay in close contact with ideas and suggestions and we’ll be sure your mother in law continues to thrive. Sincerely, Connie Haworth, Executive Director

Not the right fit!

This community is very nice. We really liked everything about this place. The staff were very helpful and pleasant with us. The community was what we wanted in a community. It just was not the right fit for mom.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for sharing your positive experience – we love what we do and I’m glad it shows. If it would be possible to give me a call at [removed], it would be great to know what we can do differently to make The Watermark the first choice for area seniors. We are focused on constant improvement and your insights would be very helpful.
Sincerely, Connie Haworth, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Connie Haworth.

We have had an excellent experience with Watermark. Highly recommend! Looking forward to the move for my father coming up.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for your high marks and welcome to the family! Stay in close contact and let me know everything we can do to ensure your father is thriving. Thanks again, Connie Haworth, Executive Director

Comfortable Living!!

I would have to say that I am very pleased with the quality of care that has been provided to my mother at this community. The staff have all been wonderful to her and have really gave me security that she is being well taken care of and is safe in her new living environment. My family and I have been very happy with everything and would defiantly recommend this facility to anyone.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you sharing your experience. Ensuring our residents thrive is our pleasure and privilege. Please stay in close contact and let us know if there’s anything special we can do for her. Thanks again. Connie Haworth, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Connie Haworth.

Friendly Staff And Residents!!

The Watermark at East Hill was a good choice for my loved one and I. The staff is very friendly and welcoming, and so are the other residents. We have made many new friends. The community offers a variety of activities, we like to go to the gym 3 times a week. The meals are good, the portions are always different. Sometimes they have very large portions and sometimes not so much. We would recommend this place to a friend because we're happy here so far.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback. We have a very friendly, welcoming family here at The Watermark with plenty to do and discover. I’m glad the food is to your liking and I will share your observations on portions with our dining services team. Please feel free to ask your server for a “hearty helping” or seconds any time. Thanks again and let us know if there’s anything we can do to ensure you’re thriving. Sincerely, Connie Haworth, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Connie Haworth.

Hard place to be in when loved one needs to leave a home after many years , but Allen couldn't have been more helpful making this transition seamless . My mom is doing great in her home and is starting to make new friends.

Watermark Ambassador

Yes, making a move can be a challenge but I’m glad to hear she is settling in well. Nearly everyone says “I should have done it sooner” and that’s always wonderful to hear. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Sincerely, Kristin Butler
Posted on behalf of Kristin Butler.

Entire staff from the minute you walk through the door couldn't be more helpful

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for this review; the entire team will love seeing it. Let us know when there’s anything we can do to make our community even better. Thanks so much. Sincerely, Connie Haworth, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Connie Haworth.

Outstanding facility-previous reviewer couldn't possibly have been here!

Watermark at East Hill. My mom has been a resident for exactly three years. The facility is beautiful, immaculately kept, warm and caring staff. I have been a weekly visitor for all of those three years and have also stayed in overnight apartments on occasion. NOTHING like what the previous review states has ever been seen. Everyone knows my Mom's name, her likes and dislikes. Her apartment is beautiful. The common areas are beautiful. The grounds are beautiful. Take a look for yourself and then be the judge.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our community; I look forward to sharing this with our entire team. I’m glad to hear you and your mom are both happy with her environment, services, amenities and care. Please stay in communication and let us know anything we can do to ensure she continues to thrive. Sincerely, Connie Haworth, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Connie Haworth

Outstanding facility-previous reviewer couldn't possibly have been here!

So sad for the people living at Watermark in Southbury

Seems that all your reviews are old reviews. I visited this facility in October 2015 to preview for my mom and can tell you it no longer fits your previous reviews. A friend said her aaunt hd gone here in 2011 and it was very nice but she passed away 2 years ago so times have changed!! The facility is very dirty, from the entrance to the elevator, and to an apartment, there are walls with patched or half plastered paint or holes in them and dirty carpeting with stains. There were actually dirty tissues in the hallway on the floor. AND A MOUSETRAP in the hallway!! One can only imagine, sadly, the way the people living there are treated like if this is the physical condition of the facility. I did do a tour with a sales person who told me this was all going to be fixed...BUT I came back by myself, alone, and spoke with 4 seniors who live there and all told me the same thing..the place is a disaster and falling apart and no one listens to their requests to fix things. So sad for these people.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for taking the time to personally visit our community and also for providing your feedback in this forum. I’m surprised and sorry that you did not have a more positive experience. Our residents give us high marks for quality of housekeeping, maintenance and care, based on our most recent annual (anonymous) survey. Businesses don’t usually get a second chance to make a first impression and I am truly sorry that we let you down. The most important thing is that you and your mom don’t give up looking for the right match for her.

Sincerely, Connie Haworth, Executive Director

Beautiful active community. wonderful facilities. [removed]

Giving memory care patients a home away from home

Spent the better part of a day here, to tour and experience the environment, see how the current residents respond with different nurses, events, and times of day. I was thoroughly impressed. From the unique family-style concept to the highly individualized care, with lots of personalized attention for each resident...it feels like you're hanging out at your grandma's house, complete with grandpa snoozing on the couch after a delicious lunch (cooked on-site, eaten family-style alongside the nurses - called "Nayas" - who are clearly well-trained and professional, but feel more like friends/companions than nurses). One resident wanted to go outside because it was sunny (it was 32F) - rather than simply telling her, "no, it's too cold," the Naya said it was very cold, then opened the door to the patio and let her go outside for a few minutes, waiting nearby to let her back in when she was ready. End result: The resident felt respected, independent, and safe, rather than rejected, helpless and depressed. One moment made all the difference in her day...and in memory care, isn't that what matters? I'm crossing my fingers we can get Mom moved in!

Brand new, super clean, bri...

Brand new, super clean, bright, well laid-out, feels comfortable...like a family home. Residents are not treated like patients, more like family (eats meals family-style at two large tables, even meds are only given in private room, so there's no feeling of a nursing home). Nurses ('nayas') do everything involved in the care of residents: cook, clean, laundry, etc - extremely patient and loving, physically reassuring (hugs, etc) when residents get agitated. Very welcoming, cozy space. All levels of dementia, so not a lot of group activities...but Nayas work with residents one-on-one, or sometimes in smaller groups. I think Mom would feel safe, comfortable and happy here.

Small Community

The Watermark was set up differently than the place we chose. Where my mom is now they have 4 different neighborhoods, they call it, and basically the patients can go anywhere they want and the aids check on the. This one was set up more like it was one building and the rooms were one room with a bathroom with a door that you close. There were only like 11 rooms. It was smaller, when we were there we really didn't see any activities. Maybe there are but there weren't any when we were there. I don't even remember what the cost was. It was farther away from me than other places so that's why we really didn't look into it further.

Great tour. We are going ag...

Great tour. We are going again today Aug. 14th