Brookdale Willoughby - Willoughby, OH

Brookdale Willoughby - Willoughby, OH has yet not published prices.

street map for Brookdale Willoughby - Willoughby, OH

Very nice place. [Name removed] has been wonderful answering all of our questions. My sister has an appt on Saturday to sign the paperwork.

Not for us

This community looked nice when we visited. The person that took us on tour was nice. My loved one did not like the style of the rooms. The rooms are small and while you have your own bathroom you have to share a bath and shower with the other residents.

So far, so good...

My wife is receiving the good care since her move, she is having a hard time adjusting though. The staff is doing their job and taking good care of her, we have had no problems with the way she is being treated. The meals are very good, I have had 2 meals there they were very good.

Cottage Like Units

The tour went fine but they were not the right fit. I saw cottage style apartment with few residents in separate cottages. I also didn't think there were that much activities that would interest my loved one.

A meeting and tour

This looked like a nice clean community when I looked at it. The staff I met were nice and they seem to offer some nice activities. this community was just a little to expensive for memory care. There are cottages, each with 12 rooms. Residents have private rooms, which is very helpful. The set -up is conducive to inclusion in meals and activities. Many of the activities are in a Community Room building, which didn't work for our loved one.

Very Nice Facility

What a wonderful group of people. We could not be more satisfied with Brookdale Willoughby. [Removed] the director helped with all the details.

It Could Be Better Here

My mom is doing okay. For what I am paying, she could get better care. To have better communication with the nurse and a cleaner room for mom. It is always dirty, the hallways are dirty.

Feeling Like The Staff Need Compassion

It has been okay for us being here. When I was working with [removed] it was a 5 star experience. I understand it is a tough job but the staff are not as compassionate for the residents. We need a lot help and it's a lot of work. Other wise the community is kept clean and they are making good food meals to eat.

Love The Community

The care that my uncle receives has been great. I love the community and they were able to move him in quickly. It is good knowing that he is in a great environment.

nice, clean, many activities,
residents like

Disappointing so far!

My loved one moved here recently from another Brookdale location and we regret that move so far and are very disappointed. I don't like the staff and he doesn't either. There is one evening nurse who does a good job. I feel like they are not following through with what they promised me. I was told he would be participating in activities but every time I visit he is sitting in a chair sleeping! We are very disappointed.

My mother's care

This is a good community and we like that it is always clean and taken care of. the staff is very friendly and caring. They offer my mom activities, but she is not active at this time. My mom does appear to like the food and the variety. We would recommend the care and value to other families that are offered here.

Mom is Well

Everything is going well for my mother since her move to this community. It is a very nice place, and they are providing her with great care. The community has a great staff, and they are taking very good care of her, and her needs. It is a very lovely community, and I would recommend it.

I would recommend this community.

The manager and the marketing director are super great. They respond to your questions quickly. The entire staff is very helpful. They have a nurse on duty twenty four seven. Mom has made friends and enjoys some of the daily activities. She says the food is good. The community is extremely clean and they do a great job of keeping the walkways cleared of snow.

A nice community!

They keep this community clean. Most of the staff are nice and helpful. There have been times, however that I was not able to locate a staff member or there was only one on the floor. The food is good and they offer a good quantity. They do offer some activities. The management is very nice and helpful. I would recommend this community.

A nice visit

This facility was nice and clean. The staff were very nice and friendly. We did nor see any activiites that were offered here. The community was not exactly what we were looking for. Other families might like this for family members to enjoy.

Taking Good Care Of My Mother

My mother is doing pretty well here at this community. She is still adjusting, but I know she is in good hands. The community looks nice, they do a good job keeping everything well maintained. They have a very good staff here. Lori the director has been very kind and helpful. It has been a good experience and I would recommend it.

Great Director Here at This Community

Good care and comfortable environment.

My parents just moved to Brookdale. So far the attention, oversight and care has been great. The cottage environment is intimate and feels like home, the food is good and accommodations are very fine.

Minor problems, but great situation overall

Both my parents moved into this facility just over a month ago. Overall they are both satisfied. Functionally my mother is doing much better than she did at home, as I was unable to provide everything she needed by myself. She requires extensive personal care and supervision, which the other facilities I checked out were not able or willing to do (except maybe Gateway in Euclid, but it was not a very nice looking place and had small rooms). Also they tell me they will care for her right through to end of life, regardless of how needy she becomes, by utilizing an additional visiting hospice service. Dad is mostly independent. They share a one bedroom with 1/2 bath, no kitchen. Most of the staff is very friendly and they go out of their way to make my parents happy. Even the chef and maintenance man welcome newcomers and mingle with the residents. A few of the aids are unfriendly. But most of them are very caring and flexible to accommodate whatever my parents want and need. They even help her brush her teeth. It took a couple weeks to learn our needs, and during that time mom was not happy. But now the nurses have mom's meds on a schedule that works well for her, and are managing her pain well. When the nurse call-button is pushed sometimes there is an hour wait, so I've learned to anticipate generally the times mom has pain and to get Dr. orders for pain meds scheduled routinely an hour before the pain comes, which is working beautifully. She requires monthly blood transfusions, and last week the first one happened smoothly without a problem. The food was very good the first 3 weeks, home style comfort food. But the past week it has not been very good. They are changing cooks, so hopefully it will improve. Also, to be fair, my parents like to eat later than scheduled mealtimes, and their food has to be re-heated in the microwave. Bathrooms could be cleaned better and more often. Laundry sometimes gets mixed up with other residents'. There is higher turnover with the aids than I would like, and sometimes they do minor annoying things, but overall they are doing a very good job. The activities are so-so, but in my opinion it is too much for one person to do well. One person is doing every aspect of all the activities by herself. The facility is very well maintained, clean, safe and nicely furnished with a country cottage feel and look. All the buildings are one level, there are no stairs. There are lots of birds, squirrels, 3 cats (outside) and Canadian geese and ducks on the premises. It is set off from the road and quiet, with woods behind, yet it's at a major intersection (Rt. 91 and Euclid) with almost everything you need nearby.

The facility is clean and odor free but I am not impressed with caregiving services or activities offered/ carried out. Pretty boring place for your loved one to live. Caregiving on the weekends is minimal. They are more attached to their phones then to your loved one.

The staff is great

So far I think it's a good place for my mother. It's safe. They take good care of her. The staff is great. I would recommend the Emeritus at Willoughby to anyone searching for a nice community for their loved one. Everyone is really friendly here. The staff is great because they have been nice and accommodating. The care services are good here. My mother is well taken care of here at this community.

Dana was very nice. I thought the facility was nicely set up. But I didn't feel I got a very complete tour. The residents seemed very happy. But my mother is more social and mobil than most of the residents I did see. The price was also an issue. But if my mother had the resources I would give this a second look.

Small rooms and only a half bathroom

Unfortunately, Emeritus was bought out by the giant Brookdale chain of AL homes. This gives families fewer options. We have not had good experiences with Brookdale in general, but this was a former Emertius facility and not too far away.

The positives? it is set up in small cottages of about 15 residents. I like this set up -- it is less overwhelming, and easier to navigate, especially for seniors with memory problems. It's newer and cheerful looking with a fireplace in the living area and a pleasant, sunny dining room. Being smaller, it has more of a family feeling than institutional. One building is a community center for activities.

Staff was friendly but brusque. This was the shortest tour by far we had, in and out. We were not invited to try the food. (In our other experiences, Brookdale food is mediocre at best. Food is cooked in a central location, and carted into the cottages, a recipe for lukewarm reheated foods.)

Negative: for what you get, I felt this was costly. It was more than other facilities in the area. Rooms are on the small side, without even a small area (microwave, dorm fridge, etc.) for personal food prep.

Closet space was fair. The worst feature was the bathroom is tiny and just a toilet and sink -- like a hospital. Very little storage for cosmetics or toiletries! There is only ONE shower for 15 people! That seemed very skimpy. There is also a walk-in tub, but I felt that most handicapped seniors would not be able to use this, even with assistance. It also means you must get wet, then travel back through the building to your room! With male and female residents, this seemed to give a lack of real privacy. (Not everyone wants to be seen in a bathrobe, with wet hair!)

There are facilities in the area where the same monthly fee would get you a small kitchenette, a FULL private bathroom and even a separate sitting/living space. Not just a single room. For more active, cognizant seniors having only one small hospital-type room -- with almost no space for furnishings -- a big come-down from a house or apartment and would be stressful. For a senior with memory issues or dementia, it might be fine.

Convenient location near Lake West hospital, eateries, Target, freeway. Located right behind Steak N' Shake.

Nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This was a nice looking place overall, very clean and well kept, and the people we spoke with were all friendly. However the rooms were a little small compared to other communities in the same price range.

Help for Mother

I found them to be very helpful and complete. They displayed follow through and listened quite well to my requests. Expressed concern for wanting to assist me at this difficult time

I toured the Mentor facilit...

I toured the Mentor facility, not Willoughby, because it was closer to home. I liked it very much but the rooms are very small and the costs are still quite high.

We've been very happy with them.

We've been very happy with them. The activities could be a little better. They recently enacted that everybody has to sign in at the community center when they visit, I think that's stupid. I think it's just a lovely setup, when you drive up you feel like you have arrived at your vacation home.

Very helpful head nurse

I know we were very impressed with the head nurse. She was very, very willing to help us kind of reach out because we needed to get mom up from medical transport for Florida and she was willing to use her contacts to help us. We had no idea how to go about it. I think they were the cottage set up which wasn't what we were shooting for for mom.

Helpful, Friendly and Knowledgeable

Emeritus is just a great community. The staff is helpful, friendly and very knowledgeable. They really are just a wonderful staff and we have been very pleased with them. We would absolutely recommend Emeritus to anyone.

GREAT PLACE!!! We are worki...

GREAT PLACE!!! We are working to see what we can afford for Mom before we can make a decision. Hopefully this will be the one! Emeritus is well staffed and we met most everyone there. VERY friendly!

A Lodge Type Environment.

The grounds are nice with shade and chairs for people to enjoy. The food looks good and they allow small pets such as dogs less than 30 pounds and cats. It has a lodge type environment to it. Plus the sit down shower is nice and they check on dad to make sure that he is ok.

The director was a great tour guide. ...

The director was a great tour guide. The facility is a welcome change to the others we've seen in that it offered a different scenario to show my parents when they visit. The cottage set-up is very homey and cozy. The grounds were nice and sequestered back in a wooded area and seemed very peaceful for a busy area.

Very small room and walk down the hal...

Very small room and walk down the hall to the shower was not good. The lunch room was just a lunch room not what we were expecting.

private pay

private pay

Loved it. Accommodates residents fro...

Loved it. Accommodates residents from now until the end. Only asks someone to move out if they become violent.

close to lake west. can do a short te...

close to lake west. can do a short term stay to try it out.Very nice and can handle incontinence and limited mobility. Church pastor feels this is a good place.

Living areas and kitchen very warm an...

Living areas and kitchen very warm and not too crowded. Love Director and all the staff, location is good for dad, and rooms sparkingly clean.

a very nice place. Could be a possibl...

a very nice place. Could be a possible fit for her.

Brookdale Willoughby provides assisted living in a home-like, casual and neighborhood setting. Brookdale Willoughby was created to support a family-style environment. We offer three levels of assistance in cozy, cottage style living, for those who may need help with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, and medication reminders. We also offer a Special Care Cottage for those residents with Alzheimer's and other memory related disorders. Gathering for meals in the country-style kitchen, reading in a comfortable living room warmed by a glowing fireplace, sitting on the porch complete with rockers - these are the things that make a residence more like a home. Every detail has been carefully planned to evoke a family-like atmosphere. In addition to a full-time licensed nurse who is on-site or on-call 24 hours a day, a full time Activities Director, and a full complement of dedicated support staff, there's also a Cottage Coordinator who assures more individual attention. He or she is a professional caregiver skilled at creating a warm, secure, homelike atmosphere and providing just the right amount of assistance our residents need. A Short Stay Program for seniors who need short-term care may also be available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out assisted living. Please call for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how MapleRidge can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.