The Waterford at College Station - College Station, TX

A Good Place, with Room for Improvement

Overall Waterford at College Station is a good place. Activities director is excellent and so attentive and compassionate to residents. She has good, creative ideas and carries them out well. She is full of smiles for everyone.
Food is usually very good and on time.
Sometimes areas are clean, but sometimes not too clean with smoking trash around outside porches, and some areas left dirty indoors too long.
Several well trained staff members are gracious and always kind with residents.
More trained staff members are needed who are gentle, caring, honest, and not too attached to their cell phones.
Sometimes the appropriate number of staff members are not working to meet needs and listed ratios.
Memory care area has had no hot water for at least 5 days and director reports they are working on it. I find this lack of hot water for at least 5 days totally unacceptable. This is one reason my overall rating is not higher.
I do not know a better facility in the area to provide what we need. They have not made mistakes in billing as some do.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The location and services seemed to meet the needs the best.

Clean Community!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my mother and I was pleased with how things had went for her. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. The property was clean and they had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. I would recommend it to anyone who was interested.

Knowledgeable tour guide!

My tour of The Waterford at College Statio went well. The facility was a nice place and the tour guide was very helpful and informative. The community was just not a good match for my mother's needs.

Very nice place!!

My tour of The Waterford at College Station went very well. The staff and tour guide were all friendly and welcoming. The place was clean and well maintained. The reason we did not go with this community was simply because it was too far of a drive.

Needs Some Updating!!

When i took a tour of this place i noticed that it was a little older. It needs to be a little updated and remodeled. I thought that the laundry room wasn't very clean. The activity room had no activities going on while i was on my tour. People met along the way like residents and staff were nice.

1 bedroom was very dated and almost industrial looking - very dim light and drab. studios were newer and cheery.

We Couldn't Be Happier

This is truly a wonderful community, they are doing a good job caring for my parents. We couldn't be happier with everything they have done for us. It is a beautiful community, they do a very good job with the cleanliness. The staff is wonderful, they have been really good to my parents and very patient. There are activities offered. They are pleased. I'am pleased with the care and I would recommend it.

Staffing & Medication Management Problems

My parent has been at this facility for 3 years. I visit often. The common areas are nice. There are problems in other areas. The food is pretty bad. Housekeeper visits once a week in individual spaces are not adequately cleaned. Because of frequent short staffing, wait time for response to call button can be over an hour. Some of the care staff and the activity director are wonderful, but there is a high turnover for care givers and not much training. Staff often don't show up for evening or weekend duty. Medication management is a huge problem. Important medications have been allowed to lapse for up to 3 days. They have changed pharmacies 3 times since we've been here. They blame the pharmacy or the doctors' office when medications run out. Recently, they have double ordered medications and failed to give current pharmacy. I have been told by visiting professionals that most facilities have similar problems. Patients will definitely need an advocate!

This place is incapable of providing adequate care

My mother was a resident in the memory care unit for a little over a year. During that time, she fell and broke her hip. Staff found her and put her in her bed where she stayed overnight before they took her to the hospital. They did not take her to the one that we had requested for emergencies. They do not chart incidents. A family friend found a large knot and bruise on her forehead. The staff knew nothing about it and had no record of it. The staff that provides personal care are either poorly trained or simply do not care. I sat with my Mom on many occasions during meals and saw residents who had trouble feeding themselves sit in front of their plates, then the food was taken away. My mother has gained 19 pounds in the year after we moved her out of there. We also had to provide all of her consumable supplies and frequently weren't told they needed replenishing until after they ran out. This place is poorly run and poorly documented.

the staff do not seem happy to be there

At The Waterford at College Station the staff do not seem happy to be there. My brother is trouble to care for but the staff have treated him roughly. They just don't seem patient enough with home. Things are going about as good as they can be considering the situation. If things do not work out here he will have to go to a rest home and I just don't think that will be good.

Seemed like a nice place!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, my loved one was a bit beyond the level of care they provide here. We were interested in somewhere more secure for those with memory care needs. It is definitely worth a look for those looking into assisted living, however!

The memory unit girls are great

The head nurse and staff are compassionate. The memory unit girls are really great. They are wonderful. My loved one does not participate in the activities.

This is a facility I am strongly considering for my father. The apartments or a nice size and for the most part it is well-maintained. I was a little concerned when I used the restroom before leaving and it obviously had not been clean for at least several days. Staff seemed professional and focused on care of the clients. The rate for this facility was very competitive. The community fee was very low in comparison to the other facilities have looked at.

we have two loved ones at the waterford at college station in college station, tx. The facility is very clean. The staff is very responsive to meeting our needs. The food may need a little supplementation. The staff is very caring and professional. Activities does not really apply to us. Overall, are very happy with their services and would recommend them to others.

Would not recommend Memory Care

Memory care appears beautiful, but beautiful does not help your loved one. One of the medications was not given for 4 days, her xanax, not good, I got a copy of her medicine chart before discharge. Meals were hard hamburgers and sorry but mother could not eat this, it pulled her dentures out! The alternative is to grind the hamburger, yuck. then it took 3 hours to get a grilled cheese sandwich. I took care of my mother for 7 years and had no problems with what foods to eat, just common sense. Why cant they pick easy foods for seniors to eat. Some of the residence could not feed themselves and I saw no one helping them. Mine has dementia and I told them she needed plenty of water throughout the day, their response was "the water is in the kitchen area down the hall", like she could remember. If you want them to go to any activities, you have to take them to the assisted living side or hire someone to do so. The workers were normally gathered in the eating area socializing. The memory care unit is a joke for $4,000.00 a month. I pulled her out, could not stand it anymore and brought her home for 2 days until she got into the personal care home. Make sure you visit frequently and unexpected. Piece of mind knowing your loved one is being taken care of is the most important, not just a fancy facility. The respite care gave me no break because I was always having to check to make sure they were doing their job, not so.

I only toured here, but I was not really impressed.

I only toured here, but I was not really impressed. We went to see it on a Saturday, and there was no one in charge to help me. Maybe I went on a bad day, but that does leave an impression.

Welcoming

Unfortunately, we had a short stay at Waterford because the level of care we needed turned out to be more extensive. However, while we were there they did everything they could to make things as wonderful as possible. Director, nurses, nurses aides - all wonderful!

Nice looking community

I toured this location when I was looking into care options for my loved one. It was a nice looking community and the staff seemed friendly. This community handled both assisted living and memory care patients, and I was more interested in a community that focused on memory care specifically.

For those anticipating a move to assisted living

Mother moved into The Waterford at the end of August 2013. So, our experience is somewhat limited--about 5 months.

She had lived in another facility about 100 miles away so the move and getting used to a new routine is still somewhat ongoing although the staff and administrators
have been extremely helpful. She lived in the other facility for 4 years---for those of you just starting your search---you will find that "routine " is important to the elderly---at least in our experience.

The Waterford has been all that we hoped it would be in terms of care. We had to get on the same page with meds and with laundry and the staff worked with us to manage that.

Based on our relatively short time here, I would definitely recommend The Waterford or at least put it on your list to "check out"

Didn't Care for the Waterford

I didn't care for the Waterford. They wouldn't give me a straight answer on how long it would take them to decide if they would sedate somebody. I don't want sedation with out talking to us first. I found a place that focused more on activities instead of medication which made me more comfortable than the Waterford.

Best overall

I found them online and we were going around looking at a bunch of different places and I liked it because it was smaller and because of the price. Overall it was the best package. My loved one loves it and we're very happy with them. The staff are really nice, the answer all your questions, if you say "hey we need this done" they say not a problem and go do it. Overall we're very happy with them.

I liked the Waterford. Hav...

I liked the Waterford. Having both assisted living and memory care met the needs of my parents. Being quite a way off the busy street gave me a more secure feeling since my dad is a wanderer. The residents looked cared for. They had several activities to be involved in, but were allowed to do their own thing too. All my questions about care details were answered competently. I would not hesitate to place a loved one there.

The place was nice.

The place was nice.

No extra fees for care. Can transiti...

No extra fees for care. Can transition from AL to MC to SN. Bdrm is separated from living area by half wall

Discover Texas hospitality and friendly staff at the Waterford at College Station, offering Assisted Living and Memory Care services in College Station, Texas. Recently renovated, our community invites residents to relax and experience the very best amenities, both in our apartments and in the common areas. Our caring and professional staff provides a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with activities of daily living. You can be assured that The Waterford at College Station provides the quality care that will allow residents to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive environment. Our attentive staff, on hand 24 hours a day, ensures that residents have everything they need to get the very best out of life. To keep residents entertained, our activity director plans a number of exciting events that encourages new friendships and an active lifestyle. Outside of our community, residents have access to a number of dining, shopping, and entertainment destinations, including top rated college sporting events at Texas A&M University.