Broadmoor Place - Bryan, TX

Broadmoor Place - Bryan, TX has yet not published prices.

Beware

The majority of my rating is toward the [removed], most of the problems stem from her and her management style. In general, most of the caregivers were friendly and cared for my mother; however, with constant turnover and staff shortages, I began to fear for mother's safety and well-being. Two caregivers on the floor for 30+ residents is NOT adequate! We dealt with several med cart errors that we know about. In an environment where transparency is crucial, the Director did not like the staff talking to family, which made one wonder what she was trying to hide. I sent my concerns regarding the Director to her boss and up the next management level only to be ignored for months and when I finally got a response, it was basically a "the Director is doing her job and we don't care" response. Apparently the bottom line is more important than resident care for Enlivant or at least for this facility.
My mother lived here for 1 1/2 years. About six months in this director was hired and thus began a downward spiral. The website says: "a full-time registered nurse is available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care"; PLEASE note that this is a regional nurse, NOT on site, who may or may not answer her phone when needed. The maintenance man left and it took 9 months to hire a new one. The Head Chef was fired 2 months ago and to my knowledge, there is not currently a Head Chef. There was never a staff member available (due to staff shortages) to drive the wheelchair van if needed for a doctor appointment. Housekeeping was virtually nonexistent although the bathroom appeared to be cleaned somewhat regularly. There was no weekly housekeeping as the contract stated and my mother's room was filthy and the carpet stained when we recently moved her from the facility.

Administrator is rude!
Doesn’t even know her families by name or sight most of the time. I have seen her treat her workers with disrespect.
There must be a better way.

Nice Tour Of This Community

I had a nice tour of this community. The experience went very well. Everyone was kind, and helpful. The community looked nice, and clean. The staff was informative, and answered all my questions. I did find another that matched my mothers needs better, but I had a nice tour of this community.

First Place We Visited

Mom liked this community very much. They tend to run on the smaller size than most other communities. The staff was friendly and helpful on our tour. The community looked clean and well maintained. She didn't choose this one because she wanted to be closer to a family.

A nice place for my Mother-In-Law

My first impression of Broadmoor Place was it had a wonderfully homey feel. I was met at the door by [Removed], the Community Relations Manager. She was amazing, sweet, helpful, knowledgeable and just so personable. She made me feel so good about the place, I knew my Mother-in-law would be happy there. We moved her in and first thing I know they are upset and wanting to send her away because her meds aren't there. I had to rush home and pick up what she needed. Communication is sometimes not the best. She moved in and she likes it there, they have things for her to do and keep her busy and engaged in her surroundings. For the most part we are happy with the place. There are times I feel they need extra help during the night, maybe a little understaffed at times. For the most part she says that the staff is nice and friendly, the ones who have not been she says seems to not come back, which means they were let go or left. We were told that the little kitchen would be getting a face lift this month, we are looking forward to that. Overall I feel that this is a good place and if I needed a place like this I would want to live there.

Accommodating staff!

What I like the most about the staff at Broadmoor Place is that they are so supportive. They keep my mother comfortable and are very accommodating. I would recommend this community because it has been a good place so far.

Broadmoor Place - Bryan, TX

Within 6 months, too much turn over of staff. Food could be more varied and tastier.

We met with [Removed] [Removed] last Friday. She and the staff were very nice and helpful. [Removed] seemed very knowledgeable about the facility and she seemed to really care about the people residing there. It was the afternoon, so didn't see many of the residents out and about. Maybe they were taking an afternoon nap. Overall, the place was nice.

My mom has only been there 9 days and so far very dissatisfied. Activity calendar is still on October and was told waiting on new ones. I was told I have to collect the UTI sample. I see aids, house keeping and Activity Director cooking and serving food. Now I am told I can't have code to get in and out of door. My mom is paying good money and her daughter can't have access to door code. So I have to wait for someone to open door and let me out. That is not right. I never know who to ask for what. I ask for cup for UTI and one couldn't be found. I have ordered Physical and Occupational therapy and heard nothing. Seems very poor managed and understaffed. My mom has been moved from Florida to Texas and all this is a major transition for her as she has Dementia. I don't feel like aids are spending time with her and trying to help her or be understanding, except one or two. I feel like staff should be more caring and she complains that they are ruff with her. I can't be there 24 hours a day, but my mom is not happy.

Not impressed with tour!!

I was not very impressed with this community, during my tour I had noticed that the administration did not have a much compassion and patience for me as the other facilities did. They where very standoff and did not make me feel welcomed. I did not move into this facility and would not recommend it.

Terrific Community!

The location of the Broadmoor Place worked very well for us. There is wonderful staff in the community that are helpful and friendly. My father has been engaging in some of the activities that they offer. I really like that the staff follow up with me. The food has good portions to it and it's also tasty. I would recommend this place to family and friends.

We would recommend Broadmoor Place!!

My only minor issue with this community is that I do not think they change the bed sheets as often as they should. The staff seem nice and the community seems clean. They offer activities during the week. Mom seems to like the food.

Review of Broadmoor Place - Bryan, Tx

This community was the best until new management arrived on the scene. Previously, the employees were extremely caring and competent, but new management is either running them off or firing them. The excellent executive director left August, 2015. Now the activities director, the RN, the cook, the medication aide, and many caring employees are either gone or will be soon. MANAGEMENT IS RUINING THIS COMMUNITY!

Pleasant Tour

I toured this community for my mother. My tour went pretty well, I enjoyed it. The community from what I saw is well maintained,everything looked nice and clean. The staff I met was kind and friendly. It was a pleasant experience.

I would recommend this community to friends and family.!!!

The community seems fine to me I just wish it had more common areas. They offer daily activities but I do not know how much my dad participates in them. The food appears to be good and it is a clean community.

Review of Broadmoor Place - Bryan, TX

I toured for my mom and liked it very much. Will definitely consider it when we are ready to move her.

Review of Broadmoor Place - Bryan, TX

Liked it very much. Staff was very nice.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Broadmoor Place! It's a nice looking, clean facility, and I think they do a wonderful job taking care of the residents. The staff is exceptional, they're warm and professional, and they've done a great job working with my loved one. I'm just very impressed overall!

I really liked the young man (Manny) that showed me around! This facility was clean and well maintained but the bathrooms in the apartments were fairly small. There was only one fairly small community living area. I thought the community fee was pretty expensive.

Wonderful place, friendly people!

They've done a wonderful job so far at Broadmoor Place, we couldn't be happier with them! They give each and every resident so much personal attention! It feels like they really go above and beyond when it comes to the effort and care that they provide the people who live here. And they're very friendly to the families as well, they always greet me by name when I am visiting. I would highly recommend this place!

Broadmoor Place is an assisted living community located in Bryan, Texas just north of Camelot Park and Blinn College. Bryan offers our residents many recreational and sports related activities. We provide transportation downtown for shopping, entertainment and dining as well as to activities in nearby College Station.

Our spacious apartments offer an abundance of amenities to make life more pleasant:

•Wall to wall carpeting
•Individual climate controls
•Ample closet space
•Kitchenettes with refrigerator/freezer
•Individual indoor mailboxes
•Emergency call system in all bedrooms and bathrooms
•Built in bathroom safety features

Of course your physical and emotional health is very important to us and we tailor our services to your individual needs:

•Medication and chronic condition monitoring
•St. Joseph Hospital is only one mile away
•Personal care and medication assistance
•Staff is awake and onsite 24 hours a day
•Menus are planned by registered dietician
•Transportation to medical appointments
•We work with transition stays, respite care, home visit programs and urgent placement

We offer plenty of indoor activities to keep you entertained and enjoying each day. Residents can enjoy solitary pursuits such as arts and crafts or our library as well as social gatherings including Tai Chi, exercise classes, a walking club and various games. We have community spaces for visiting with friends in our comfortable lounge or gathering around the TV for movies and sporting events. We welcome your friends and family, both two footed and four footed, with special family nights as well as furnished accommodations for out of town guests. Our beautiful enclosed outdoor courtyard is a great place for relaxing with friends in the shade, working in the gardens or enjoying one of our backyard barbecues.