Close To Friends

My sister is so busy now since she moved into The Walpan Residence. She is having such a great time I think she has adjusted well with the move into the community. She thinks everyone is super kind and helpful. They help her with transportation to and from her appointments. They really care about her and look after her very well. The community is wonderful and really nice looking and the location is around block from her old neighborhood she grown up in so she is still close to her friends she grown up with. It has been a good experience for us the owner of the community has been great to us and I would highly recommend this community.

They are very clean. I feel like I am definitely getting my money's worth.

They are very clean. I feel like I am definitely getting my money's worth. I have heard that they are really good about responding if he calls for help. I can't really think of anything I would like them to do better or any concerns either. We chose them because they were the best fit for our loved one.

Wonderful staff, and good food

My Mom is really enjoying this place! The staff is incredible, the owner is really great, and the family that fills in for him when he takes time off are wonderful. They are all very warm, caring, and responsible, all of Mom's needs are cared for. Mom says the food is excellent, the chef is great.

Mom has complained that resident turnover can be high, it's hard to meet new people that often. I also believe they should have more mentally stimulating activities for the residents to keep them active.

Possible.

Possible.

Location in Montclair is pretty good....

Location in Montclair is pretty good. Had a nice talk with the Director. Tour included dining room, common sitting area, & one "suite" which is private room with small dressing room and private bath. Is really a residence with assistance - most residents go out for activities so there are few planned activities.

Set in a charming, turn-of-the-century colonial on a quiet, residential street in Montclair, New Jersey, the Walpan Residence offers seniors independent living care in a luxurious, family-like atmosphere.

Similar to an Inn or a Bed & Breakfast, the Walpan provides all of the comforts of home, along with the benefits and convenience of a professional staff trained to cater to the special needs of our residents.

Residents enjoy handsome living accommodations, three deliciously prepared meals daily, and a relaxed, supportive environment that allows the freedom to pursue personal interests. For the independent senior citizen, the Walpan is a wonderful alternative to a Nursing Home. Family members enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing that their loved one is being cared for in a secure, nurturing environment.