The Village at Seven Oaks - Bakersfield, CA - Bakersfield, CA

Community has done the best they could...

They have done well with a rather difficulty situation and they've been very proactive. They have been very helpful and pleasant about number of difficulties we've been faced. Given the circumstances they've done all that they could. The only thing they could have done is explained the time frame that we needed for getting release forms from the doctors filled out.

Mark Ting

Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience with The Village at Seven Oaks!

Updated building but amenities cost too much

I toured this community and it was very nice. The building was updated and had a nice atmosphere. I did not move in because of all of the additional costs for amenities.

Mark Ting

The Village At Seven Oaks - Bakersfield, Ca - Bakersfield, Ca Visitor, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

Very helpful

They staff have been very friendly and helpful to my mom, who has had a difficult adjustment to her change in condition and living place. They take good care of her!
A beautiful facility.

Mark Ting

Thanks for the feedback, The Village At Seven Oaks - Bakersfield, Ca - Bakersfield, Ca Family. We strive to provide excellent care to our residents at The Village at Seven Oaks. Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet.

I liked the tour of this community. The staff was caring nice and caring. We liked the cleanliness of the community. The offer a wide variety of meals. My mom would of have activities to participate. This is a good community and families would be happy with the care and value.

A nice tour

This community is nice, but we had a good recommendation from a family friend of another community. We were happy with the staff here and the community was very nice. This just was not what we were looking for at this time.

It has been great for my mother-in-law. She likes it very much and she is happy there. The staff are nice and they take good care of her, she likes them. She likes the meals they serve. The apartment is nice and she likes her room. They went out of their way to make her feel comfortable and easy when she moved in. I thank A Place For Mom for helping.

Great Place for Mom

We are so pleased with The Villages at Seven Oaks. They were so easy to work with on getting my Mother moved in. They got so much coordinated for us as we don’t live in Bakersfield. The facility is beautiful and the food is tasty and healthy. The activities are plentiful. My mother loves the shower she gets from her attendants. She feels safe by having someone watching over her. TVSO is a great value for the money. I would highly recommend it to families that have loved ones that need a little or a lot of help as they age. It has lifted a great weight off our shoulders knowing that Mom is in a safe, attractive and social place that she can call home.

First Class Facility

I am very impressed with The Village at Seven Oaks (TVSO) and my sister and I, as well as my mom, are happy that my mom is living there. It is a beautiful, modern, and clean facility in a nice neighborhood. TVSO has a very caring, professional, and accommodating staff who genuinely care about the residents. There is a full calendar of events, which includes physically, mentally, and emotionally stimulating activities for the residents. During my visits, I have observed that the residents seem to be having fun participating in those activities. The dining room is very nice, with a menu that offers a large variety of healthy and delicious choices. Also, I feel TVSO is reasonably priced for an assisted living facility (as compared to other facilities we toured) – it is definitely a good value for the money. I feel very secure knowing that my mom is in such a safe and caring environment. I highly recommend The Village at Seven Oaks!

Mark Ting

Thanks for the feedback, Connie Brizendine. We strive to provide excellent care to our residents at The Village at Seven Oaks, and we're happy to hear we are meeting our goals. Your recommendation is one of the best compliments we could receive! Thank you again, for taking the time to leave us a review!

5 Star Community!

My mother is doing fine at The Village at Seven Oaks. The staff are nice and helpful. I have had no issues with communication. They communicate with me well.

Mark Ting

Thank you very much for sharing these comments! We are so happy to hear about your positive experience with our community's communication! We are consistently working to provide the best experience at The Village at Seven Oaks for both residents and visitors, and we're thrilled that we are meeting these goals.

Respite Care

I found the staff friendly and professional. the facility was beautifully decorated and clean. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The security of the facility was very good. The dinning room made you feel like you were eating in a fine restaurant. The tables were decorated with napkins. The waiters were dressed like servers in a restaurant. They had planned activity throughout the day for the residents. My husband was there for 18 days for Respite care. The price was more expensive than most places that provides Respite care in my community, but the care given to my love one was worth the price.

Mark Ting

Thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with our community! We are thrilled to hear that you noticed many of the positive aspects we work diligently to maintain at The Village at Seven Oaks. We always love to receive a great review recognizing our hard work. Thank you!

Filthy and neglected!

Absolutely filthy. Their new Executive Director, [Removed] has taken over and it's not good. The place feels like a prison and he is the warden. They have no activities for the residents and not even enough staff to care for the 5 MC residents they have. They have hired a 3rd party company on site to care for some of the residents because they can't or won't and all these people do is follow the poor residents around like prison guards. The place looks abandoned and nothing is being taken care of. It's so dirty its disgusting and most the staff (if you can find any) is so apathetic it's heartbreaking to see the residents living in these conditions. Just awful care and management here! Bad vibe, depressing atmosphere, sad and poorly treated residents.

need more training

the memory care is seriously lacking the management at this facility lacks compassion for patients and family and needs serious training of there staff a handful of really wonderful care givers but the overall very lacking starts at top. management shows no knowledge of what dementia and Alzheimer is. only want docile drugged patients that they can ignore and stick in a corner.
these are people that once lead productive and meaningful lives.

Review of The Village at Seven Oaks - Bakersfield, CA - Bakersfield, CA

Not what is advertised at all. Cost is excessive for what is provided. Some caregivers are good. Management is terrible. Ongoing staff issues. Currently on the third executive director in less than a year. Poorly trained memory care staff. Management is focused on money rather than care

Managements ignorance is failing these residents and their families.

Management of the memory care facility does not understand the symptoms or needs of anyone with dementia or Alzheimer's nor do they care to. This is a profit based business with shady business practices, severely understaffed, and incompetent to the point of highly dangerous for the residents in their care.
Training and compassion are significantly lacking so please do not let the pretty, fancy façade fool you at this facility. They should have invested their money in the residents care rather than the furnishings in the lobby.
We should all want better for our loved ones living with this diagnosis and I encourage you to demand it for them with higher expectations of their caretakers being paid to do so. I'm not sure how this management team can sleep at night knowing the disservice they are providing to our elderly and ill community. I hope change for the better and education of this disease is on the way very soon!